New Manager

55 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Continuity of what? Shit results?

He's looked really out of his depth ever since December.  Some of the performances have been downright depressing at times with the team playing like they were pulled off the local park.
I can see people are still holding on to the faint hope of that if we keep him we'll revert to his first 5 games but ever since then have we seen them play like that? 

We should not be in this position and I still struggle to see how he has managed to get us into this mess. The players we have and the fixtures we had (the last 7 draws) we should have easily won the majority of those games. (and people think it's an achievement we might stay up)

He's fallen out with Byrne. Sent Clarke away. Gone on to blame the fans and then take a shot at the training facilities.

If he stays the atmosphere won't be great especially with players like Byrne and we'll likely start the season with a slump and them promptly remove him in September and do it all over again.
I think he's gone anyway, his demeanor in recent interviews suggesting the fans were to blame for Southends 5 min goal and the fans were to blame for the loss of momentum from the bizarre substitutions all sound very David Dunn esque.

What you say about Byrne and Clarke are untrue. Byrne is 22 that's the same age as Hunt and Edmundson so they will need to be given time to develop. Byrne only came back because he said he respected Wellens. Clarke went to Bury because of the embargo. We would not have got Bryan back from Man City if Clarke had not been released. At that particular time the FA would only let us sign a player if one left. Clarkes legs this season have been shot which has been proved by his performances for Bury. I would rather have had Bryan playing for us than Clarke.

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Shez was already showing signs of a up turn. The reason we are still in this league is because shez saved us twice! Maybe a bit of credit where credit is due you call people “bloody crazy”. The only reason we will stay up, if we do is because of Doyle bryne and Bryan. Remind me who signed those 4? Then remind me who signed Pringle Benyu and benteke. He has mismanaged those first 3, hence while we’re in this mess,

Doyle bryne and Bryan. Remind me who signed those 4? 

They all RE-SIGNED to play for Wellens

4 hours ago, latics22 said:

Shez was already showing signs of a up turn. The reason we are still in this league is because shez saved us twice! Maybe a bit of credit where credit is due you call people “bloody crazy”. The only reason we will stay up, if we do is because of Doyle bryne and Bryan. Remind me who signed those 4? Then remind me who signed Pringle Benyu and benteke. He has mismanaged those first 3, hence while we’re in this mess,

Who signed them FOUR ? Are you counting Doyle as two men ? 

When was the last time we had a manager who:

Built his own team,

had a full preseason,

added to it in the window 

and finished the season?

... I think that's the problem! 

Until that happens I don't think we'll see the true side of any manager!

For all it's worth, I'd let RW do exactly that before we looked to get rid!

BUT imho I truly believe that the man who signs the cheques each month wants to do all of the above!

Edited by thetramfixer
  • Like 1

Guys, this may be controversial and it is just a suggestion, but can we give the team and Wellens all the support we can this week?  Surely any talk about a new manager can wait until next week, but for the moment it must surely be about getting behind the club and hopefully seeing us over that finishing line.

8 hours ago, Sparkleking said:

Guys, this may be controversial and it is just a suggestion, but can we give the team and Wellens all the support we can this week?  Surely any talk about a new manager can wait until next week, but for the moment it must surely be about getting behind the club and hopefully seeing us over that finishing line.

You lost my support at 'Guys'

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thetramfixer said:

Built his own team,

had a full preseason,

and finished the season?

BUT imho I truly believe that the man who signs the cheques each month wants to do all of the above!

So al signed Pringle and benyu? No chance 

13 hours ago, thetramfixer said:

Built his own team,

had a full preseason,

and finished the season?

LJ