Final League Tables 05.05.2018

It was a pretty uninspiring day all round with very little movement in either division. In the Premier League, no one moved apart from three players in mid table. GravityGrave forgot to post a half time score but, with his final score prediction, he couldn't have got it right anyway! Latics_Fanatic and NewBlue had certainly given up the ghost. And so to the Premier League awards ceremony.

Champion - Hometownclub (brilliant achievement in his first season in the top flight) :first:

Relegated to Championship - Bristolatic, LaticsPete, BP1960 (straight back down again) Latics_Fanatic & NewBlue :petesake: 

Awards in other categories. Most correct:

Results (W,L,D) - Hometownclub (22)

Half time scores - Stevie_J (16)

Full time scores - Hometownclub & Ex_pat (6)

Latics goals - DavidCollinge (20)

Opposition goals - Hometownclub, DavidCollinge, rosa, GravityGrave & JoeP (15)

First Latics scorer - jorvik_latic (11)

Attendance - rosa (39pts)

Not a great day attendance wise in the Championship as 15 players failed to predict. aidan_latics got it all wrong by predicting a 0-0 draw with Latics winning 1-0 at half time. Because there was no indication which of these he intended, he couldn't score any points except for Latics scorer and attendance. And he didn't get any there either! The promotion, relegation and play off places didn't change. Now for the Championship awards.

Promoted - singe :first: and milnrow latics :applause1:

Play offs - 10th May - Oafc1895 (Charlton) v oafcmetty (Shrewsbury)

12th May - Stainrod (Scunthorpe) v a259 (Rotherham)

13th May - oafcmetty (Shrewsbury) v Oafc1895 (Charlton)

16th May - a259 (Rotherham) v Stainrod (Scunthorpe)

27th May - Play-off Final

Relegated to League 1 - Lawman, simplythemostimportantkick, Runningman, HarryBosch, Handsy, GlossopLatic, youngen, LightDN123, LaticsChris, MAC0AFC, Scapegoat, warwickshire latics, dave_ragg1984, RobOAFC, ajw65, LT_SMASH :cry:

Awards in other categories. Most correct:

Results (W,L,D) - Oafc1895 (20)

Half time scores - oafcmetty & a259 (13)

Full time scores - singe (8)

Latics goals - aidan_latics (18)

Opposition goals - milnrow latics (16)

First Latics scorer - pjkent (9)

Attendance - singe & milnrow latics (51pts)

Premier League

ZZb27ly.jpg

SQO1OXv.jpg

Championship

r8yMEh4.jpg

Q3UzwCm.jpg

Edited by Bristolatic
Two names missed off Premier League relegation

Well done to both Singe & Hometown club for winning the titles.

The new divisional system and increased membership is making the premiership tougher.

As Dave says above, I expect the promoted championship players to do well next year.

Thanks to Bristol & Stevie and kids for a well run competition, I really enjoyed it.

One special mention to Dave Collinge who alerted me to a mistake I had made in my final game prediction. The fair play award goes to him.

See you all next season, and I expect we will be predicting a lot more wins (I hope)

11 hours ago, DavidCollinge said:

Well done Hometownclub, 2 league titles in succesive years is some going.

Well done Singe, you will be one to watch next season...

Thanks to Bristolatic & Stevie_J / family for running this great competition...

Cheers Dave.

Thanks and also a big thank you to Bristol and Stevie for giving up their time to run and administer the competition.

Really enjoyed it and can't wait to start predicting scores from our lofty League 2 perch next year.

As with last year (re any winnings), if I could be entered next season and the rest please put towards the running costs of OWTB.

Cheers

PS

I suppose in the time honoured tradition, I'll have to list my predicting achievements in a new signature. :)

Edited by Hometownclub

3 hours ago, Ex_pat said:

Well done to both Singe & Hometown club for winning the titles.

The new divisional system and increased membership is making the premiership tougher.

As Dave says above, I expect the promoted championship players to do well next year.

Thanks to Bristol & Stevie and kids for a well run competition, I really enjoyed it.

One special mention to Dave Collinge who alerted me to a mistake I had made in my final game prediction. The fair play award goes to him.

See you all next season, and I expect we will be predicting a lot more wins (I hope)

FOLD DAVE COLLINGE.

Thanks Pete & Stevie and the little J’s. Congrats to Hometownclub (Brian Clough’s Nottingham Forest), singe, milnrow latics & oafcmetty, who I assume won the OWTB Cup in the replay after aidan_latics’ horror show? Best of luck to the Play Off contenders. The Premier League is gonna be tough next season.

Despite Latics’ misery, Prediction League goes from strength to strength. Imagine what we could do with a few seasons of onfield positivity.

Assuming you’re still happy for me to, I’ll begin the Marketing in earnest after a break from OWTB. Like many, I need to forget about Latics for a while to recharge my batteries. Cricket season is well underway now anyway.

Oh, and rudeboymedico will be paying my entrance fee for next season after he lost his mid-table obscurity bet to me. Every cloud. 

Edited by lookersstandandy

12 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Thanks Pete & Stevie and the little J’s. Congrats to Hometownclub (Brian Clough’s Nottingham Forest), singe, milnrow latics & oafcmetty, who I assume won the OWTB Cup in the replay after aidan_latics’ horror show? Best of luck to the Play Off contenders. The Premier League is gonna be tough next season.

Despite Latics’ misery, Prediction League goes from strength to strength. Imagine what we could do with a few seasons of onfield positivity.

Assuming you’re still happy for me to, I’ll begin the Marketing in earnest after a break from OWTB. Like many, I need to forget about Latics for a while to recharge my batteries. Cricket season is well underway now anyway.

Oh, and rudeboymedico will be paying my entrance fee for next season after he lost his mid-table obscurity bet to me. Every cloud. 

I think you mean Clough's Derby County, don't you?

On 5/7/2018 at 5:29 PM, Bristolatic said:

Play offs - 10th May - Oafc1895 (Charlton) v oafcmetty (Shrewsbury)

12th May - Stainrod (Scunthorpe) v a259 (Rotherham)

13th May - oafcmetty (Shrewsbury) v Oafc1895 (Charlton)

16th May - a259 (Rotherham) v Stainrod (Scunthorpe)

27th May - Play-off Final

Just to check, we predict the usual HT/FT scores, and the attendance, then, for example in my match up 10/5 - I predict first Shrews scorer, oafc1895 predicts first Charlton scorer? Or do we both predict first scorer in the match, irrespective of team?

9 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

I think you mean Clough's Derby County, don't you?

I think he's right with Forest Stevie, they won the old second division in about 79/80, and then when they came up won the old first division at the first attempt under Cloughie.

2 hours ago, Hometownclub said:

I think he's right with Forest Stevie, they won the old second division in about 79/80, and then when they came up won the old first division at the first attempt under Cloughie.

I stand corrected then.  I was convinced it was with Derby for some reason.

Cheers all, and congrats to everyone.

I was a bit gutted to miss top score, as I'd seen that AFC Wimbledon was a sell out and predicted the exact attendance but then changed my mind and played tactical to ensure some points by dropping my prediction a bit.

Good luck to all in the playoffs.

Thanks to Pete & Stevie great organising (despite dodgy helath at times) and to Andy for the regular much need reminders.

Congratulations to Hometownclub, singe and milnrow latics. Thanks for all the good work Stevie J and Bristolatic. It's been great to have another season unblemished by scandal and foul play.