Archived Welcome Posts

Beardy

Hi

Re joining this board.. not that I left by choice, more it changed under my feet. I have contributed good or bad to the JK Latics site... indeed, my PC was the original fileserver.....bouoght off Jack a good few years ago.

I have been spending far too much mental energy and money down at BP for over 45 years.... still hooked as much as ever but cannot make as many away matches theses days.

Regards

Alec

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name?John Waterhouse

Location?Chadderton

How Long Supporting the Tics?41 years

Best away match you've been to?Sheff United -5-0 or 5-1 mid 80's

All Time Greatest Player?Andy Ritchie

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?Tranmere at present

Evening Alec,

I know you've given us some info, but to gain full access to OWTB features please can you copy and paste the 6 questions and add your replies :

Name?

Location?

How Long Supporting the Tics?

Best away match you've been to?

All Time Greatest Player?

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?

Cheers,

Rummy.

Name? Midsblue

Location? Midlands

How Long Supporting the Tics? 21 years

Best away match you've been to? Wycombe a few seasons back but very hazy so Huddersfield this season followed by Swindon two seasons back (Liddell's wonder free-kick!)

All Time Greatest Player? Carlo Corazzin (seriously, Andrew Timothy Ritchie)

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Nowadays it's Tranmere I guess and Blackpool (all credit to them though)

Do I pass the test?

MB

Guest oa_exile

Welcome Midsblue to OWTB :OWTB1:

Take you time to get used to the Forum , any probs let Admin or a Mod know :chubb:

Please contact a Mod or Admin if you need any help getting started (Click here).

If you're feeling adventurous, head straight into the main board to chat about all things Latics (Click here).

And if you're here for all the fantastic OWTB Shirts and Merchandise head over to the shop (Click here).

Cheers Exile :exile:

Name? the_mighty_bosh (formerly theoldhamdevonian on JKL)

Location? Exeter, Devon

How long supporting the Tics? 13 years (since I was 5).

Best away match you've been to? Fittingly, Swindon away 2 years ago. 20/25 minutes straight of "OHHHH WHEN THE BLUUUUUUUES...", backs against the wall 2-1 victory, a Muzza screamer, virtually assuring survival after a season of hell, JJ finally managing to hit the cow's backside with his banjo...that match had it all!

All time greatest player? Shez, closely followed by Eyresy.

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? United, then City. (I also hate Plymouth Argyle)

Voila. :)

Guest oa_exile

Welcome Bosh to OWTB :OWTB1:

Take you time to get used to the Forum , any probs let Admin or a Mod know :chubb:

Please contact a Mod or Admin if you need any help getting started (Click here).

If you're feeling adventurous, head straight into the main board to chat about all things Latics (Click here).

And if you're here for all the fantastic OWTB Shirts and Merchandise head over to the shop (Click here).

Name..well this may suprise you.. it is Alec......

Location..again.....another shock...Oldham

How Long Supporting the Tics?..I don't support the Tics... never heard of them! Where did the tics come from? I support The Latics...and can remember my Dad taking me to the Rochdale Road end when match after match it was that full, that the kids were physically passed arm over arm, head over head to be plonked at the front and forced to sit on the wall!

Best away match you've been to? Always the last away win for me... Huddersfield away last season. Not only from the match, but also because of the Slubbers Arms.

All Time Greatest Player? That is a really tough one. It is easy to find great players when you are going well. But my mind moves toward us in the old 4th Division and the 3rd Division in the 70's. fool Mulvaney was immense. Andy Lochhead was fearful for us. David Shaw was as fast as fast could be. But perhaps I will plonk for Jim Fryatt. He could head a ball half the pitch. He was a giant of a centre crash. But I could easily go for Maurice Whittle or Ian Wood.

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes) ......historically Rochdale. Yep it is Rochdale. Forget delusions of City/United/Wigan/Blackburn... our closest rivals are Rochdale.

Welcome to OWTB Alec. Good to have you on Board. There are certainly less numpties here than on JKL and so you can have a decent talk about Latics without Trannies etc butting in! :)

Hopefully, an Admin will be along soon to move you out of the validating group. Cheers

Guest oa_exile

Sorry Alec things been a bit hectic this morning , anyway..........Welcome Alec to OWTB :OWTB1:

Some of you here may know me as 'andycoop'.

If I knew this site existed I would have been here a long time ago.. I know how expensive these boards are, I've tried and failed myself in the past so I for one would like to thank the Administrators of this board for setting up such a fantastic site.

I have a very.. unbusy ten weeks coming up, so I hope to post on here during the closed season.

See you around!

Guest oa_exile

You are more than Welcome Andy

Please fill in the questionare and i can get you validated :

Name?

Location?

Cheers Exile

Name - Andy Coop

Location - Rochdale

How Long Supporting the Tics - 11 years

Best away match you've been to - Winning 2-1 at Maine Road (Don't know the date)

All Time Greatest Player - Eyresey

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes) - Manchester Un*ted

I probabaly saw your Signature but didn't pay attention to it Beardy!

Guest oa_exile

Welcome Andy to OWTB :OWTB1:

Name? Mark Harrison

Location? Manchester

How Long Supporting the Tics? 19 years

Best away match you've been to? Crewe away in the Dowie years, won 2-1 somehow

All Time Greatest Player? Andy Ritchie

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? City/Utd, but now?? Leeds i guess

Guest oa_exile

Welcome Mark to OWTB :OWTB1:

Name?

Brian

Location?

Bury

Since my Dad first took me when I was about 6, that would be in the late 60s

Scunthorpe about 5 or so years ago. Great day out, can't remeber the score but we didn't loose, and the barmaid in the hotel/pub was was absolutely drop dead gorgeous.

Andy Lochead or Richard Jobson.

The Trannies now.