Archived Welcome Posts

Beardy

Welcome Stoney!

An Admin will be along soon to get you validated and you can then enjoy the rest of OWTB!

Newbury reminds me of a legendary night when the Barlow's Executive Coach broke down on the way back from Portsmouth. We had to wait for about 7 hours while they sent a replacement but fortunately, there was a watering hole nearby. 70 Latics fans in a little Country Pub in the middle of nowhere. Like I say, a legendary night!

:drinking66::drinking45::drinking:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name? Mike Stott

Location? Runcorn, Cheshire

How Long Supporting the Tics? 17/18 years

Best away match you've been to? The 2-1 win at Man City in the 1998/99 season. Gary Kelly was unbeliavable that day.

All Time Greatest Player? Got to be Andy Ritchie

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Gonna have to be Leeds now we are in the same divison. can;t wait for those games.

Cheers

Welcome to OWTB.

Your account's now been approved and you can access the whole site and post at will.

If you have any trouble, give me or any of the other Admin or Mods a shout (via PM).

Hope you enjoy using OWTB.

Welcome to OWTB, Mike.

Your account's now been approved and you can access the whole site and post at will.

If you have any trouble, give me or any of the other Admin or Mods a shout (via PM).

See the main board for a thread regarding your search. Let us know how you're getting on.

Hi I am penrhyn

Been a latics fan for 40 odd years now living iin the usa hope to get to some games this year.

Best player has to be stitch, best moments there has been a few ones that stick out 'THAT PEN", beating Bristol Rovers at eastville during that incredible winning run.The coach trip to the friday night Plymouth away game and securing a point for the championship.

Hi , joined about 6 months ago but for some reason it wont let me log in now.

Name ------- Anthony Park

Location ------- Springhead

How long supporting --------- First game was forest at home in the league cup when

Gary Hoolickan broke his leg. Think it was 1977. So 30 years.

Best away match ----------- Apart from the obvious ones. More recently Huddersfield

last season.

Not just for the 90 minutes but the Atmosphere before,

during and after the game. I think every man and his dog went????

All time player ------------ Roger Palmer.

Biggest Rivals --------- Next season Forest and Leeds. In general Probably City.

So it would be Nice ones Parky.

Nice "what" is the question?

I have got a real feeling of deja vu here. Have we had this conversation before?

I was called Parky all through school. When I was 17 I got in with a new set of mates and one

of them miss heard my name and thought I was called "SPARKY". then everyone just started

calling me sparky. Its nothing to do with Mark hughes and I am not an electrician!

My username on JK latics is SPARKYLAD I just wanted a different one on here thats all!!!!!!

I was called Parky all through school. When I was 17 I got in with a new set of mates and one

of them miss heard my name and thought I was called "SPARKY". then everyone just started

calling me sparky. Its nothing to do with Mark hughes and I am not an electrician!

My username on JK latics is SPARKYLAD I just wanted a different one on here thats all!!!!!!

Thanks for that Sparky. You are guilty until proven innocent on here!

To protect your identities, you and Footy68 should continue your discussion via Personal Messenger. I'll delete these posts in a few minutes.

Edited by Inspiral_Carpet
Thread tidied up to remove personal info.

Just registered.....so i think i need to post here to fully validate my membership....

I've supported Latics for 21 years, favourite players are Rick Holden and Andy Ritchie

Best game: Rather cliched but Sheff Weds 1990

Best moment of 05/06 season: Last minute goal at Scunthorpe.

Just realised i need these......

Name? Don

Location? Oldham

How Long Supporting the Tics? 21 years

Best away match you've been to? Ipswich away 1990

All Time Greatest Player? Stitch or Rick Holden

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? United

Name?

Dan Babb

Location?

St Albans

How Long Supporting the Tics?

25 years

Best away match you've been to?

Man City 1 - 4 Oldham at Maine Road 1988/89 - Roger Palmer ghosting in at the back post

All Time Greatest Player?

Roger Palmer

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?

Currently Forest, my father in law and brother in law big Forest fans, had a great New Years day this year!!

Name - Dave Lawrence

Location - West Midlands

How long have I followed Oldham - 1990

Best Away Match - Man Utd, McCarthy's header at the stretford end.

Best Player - Hard to see past Ooooh Roger. Maybe Stitch too.

Biggest Rivals - Still seething from the Blackpool defeat but generally anyone from t'other side o' th'ills.

Welcome to OWTB, Dave.

Welcome to OWTB, Don.

Welcome to OWTB, Dave.