Parking Ticket: ‘Official’ hospital club car park

Just received parking notice for Tuesday evening 19th February, Morecambe match. Has anyone else had one?

Paid £3 as usual to guy on Westhume Avenue and followed stewards directions down to the bottom end of car park. Leaving ticket on dashboard. All as normal. 

Parking ticket only states time of arrival/departure and being an unorthorised vehicle. 

I only hope this is a technical error and not a  none payment of the clubs agreement with the hospital.  

4 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

Just received parking notice for Tuesday evening 19th February, Morecambe match. Has anyone else had one?

Paid £3 as usual to guy on Westhume Avenue and followed stewards directions down to the bottom end of car park. Leaving ticket on dashboard. All as normal. 

Parking ticket only states time of arrival/departure and being an unorthorised vehicle. 

I only hope this is a technical error and not a  none payment of the clubs agreement with the hospital.  

Not had one, but I will keep my eye out.

Considering the amount of illegal parking that goes on round the ground of late to be sent a ticket by the hospital after paying the correct fees etc is a bit of piss take. Unless you queue jumped and went through the no entry sign...

I think the standard advice is that when it’s a non-Council ticket you don’t pay it. But our resident parking expert may be along to advise further. 

5 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Not had one, but I will keep my eye out.

Considering the amount of illegal parking that goes on round the ground of late to be sent a ticket by the hospital after paying the correct fees etc is a bit of piss take. Unless you queue jumped and went through the no entry sign...

I think the standard advice is that when it’s a non-Council ticket you don’t pay it. But our resident parking expert may be along to advise further. 

Just spoken to someone at the club. She said it has happened before. 

The system is swiched off on match days but had been overlooked on the last occasion. Probably a repeat malfunction. She is emailing me contact details of someone at the hospital who will then, hopefully sort it out. 

Yes, I’m aware of the parking idiosyncrasies of private parking companies but not perhaps up to  date. Unlike a police or council parking notice, this notice does not place me under a legal obligation to ‘disclose the drivers details’. 

It it is however looking as though it may not be necessary 🤞🤞 thanks for your input. 

2 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

Just spoken to someone at the club. She said it has happened before. 

The system is swiched off on match days but had been overlooked on the last occasion. Probably a repeat malfunction. She is emailing me contact details of someone at the hospital who will then, hopefully sort it out. 

Yes, I’m aware of the parking idiosyncrasies of private parking companies but not perhaps up to  date. Unlike a police or council parking notice, this notice does not place me under a legal obligation to ‘disclose the drivers details’. 

It it is however looking as though it may not be necessary 🤞🤞 thanks for your input. 

Might have something to do with the fact the game was rearranged and the new date was relatively short notice. 

Thanks folks.

Just found email from club with Barry Waterhouse’s details. 

Can relax and concentrate on game now.

I have been down the ‘ignore’ route before and it worked. But I’m getting too old for receiving  threatening letters and court action - especially when I’m inoccent. 

I hope no one actually pays this parking notice without questioning it. 

Yeah Barry is the one to contact, he'll sort it. As has been said, they've probably forgot to switch the ANPR camera off.

** Thinking about it, the hospital parking office had been shut (due to sickness I think) so this is probably why.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

On 3/2/2019 at 1:47 PM, latics22 said:

I’ve always parked for free on b & q, why does anyone pay?

I got a fine first match this season for parking on B&Q. Ignored it as i don't think its enforcable and not heard anything for 2 months. If they take me to civil court im going to fight it. Plenty of information how to online.

31 minutes ago, johnoafc said:

I got a fine first match this season for parking on B&Q. Ignored it as i don't think its enforcable and not heard anything for 2 months. If they take me to civil court im going to fight it. Plenty of information how to online.

There is sometimes a guy patrolling, unless u make it really obvious you won’t get a ticket. I park then  walk towards b and q, then just turn back on myself. That’s being ultra unnecessary careful. I don’t think they could prove if u used b and q or not, so hard to enforce the ticket.

I have had a positive feedback from Barry Waterhouse at Oldham NHS. 

All tickets in the appropriate date and time zone will be cancelled. Any penalties paid will be refunded. 

For me the most positive part of the outcome is refunding anyone who has already paid the penalty. 

Apparently it it is the club who failed to notify them of the fixture. 

Full marks to Bazza 😊😊