Top Scorer This Season?

Top Scorer For Latics This Season?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Top Scorer For Latics This Season?

• Craig Davies
    • Lee Hughes
    • Matty Wolfenden
    • Michael Ricketts
    • Andy Liddell
    • Chris Taylor
    • Mark Allott
    • Other (Specify in post)

Guest oa_exile
Hughes for me, Ricketts hasnt been brilliant these last few seasons...

Think we will see a very different Ricketts come the start of the season.

Ricket interview from OS :

...."However i'm looking forward - i feel now i'm as fit as ever and highly motivated to make ever success of my time at Oldham"

I'd say Hughes will be top goalscorer this season but I'm not expecting huge amounts from anyone. I think we'll be lucky if one player gets 15+. Our strikeforce despite the big names are a huge gamble.

I think they'll do a good job but whether we've got a 20 goal a season player at the moment I'm not so sure. So long as the goals come from throughout the team I think we'll be fine.

Simularly like Porter missed the opening games last season, so to will Hughes this time around. Then watch a very hungry player go who as kicked his heels for 3 years knowing he's blown the peak period of his career. He and Ricketts (by Ricketts own admission) know this club pulled out all the stops to get them here and want them here will play for the blue shirt like demons. Hughes will fire 20+ goals and Rickett will be close behind. You watch!

With Davis chippin in with his 10 goals as will Liddell, whilst Wolfy feels his way into 1st team football via late substitutions when the game is safe scoring 8 for the campaign. Allied to Macca's 6, likewise Taylors tally and a further 12 goals coming from elsewhere, I make that 90 goals this season.

A feast am sure you'll all agree!

Simularly like Porter missed the opening games last season, so to will Hughes this time around. Then watch a very hungry player go who as kicked his heels for 3 years knowing he's blown the peak period of his career. He and Ricketts (by Ricketts own admission) know this club pulled out all the stops to get them here and want them here will play for the blue shirt like demons. Hughes will fire 20+ goals and Rickett will be close behind. You watch!

With Davis chippin in with his 10 goals as will Liddell, whilst Wolfy feels his way into 1st team football via late substitutions when the game is safe scoring 8 for the campaign. Allied to Macca's 6, likewise Taylors tally and a further 12 goals coming from elsewhere, I make that 90 goals this season.

A feast am sure you'll all agree!

just hope the defence are reading that script mate! :D

Tough but gonna go for Ricketts.....22

Think I'll be putting money on us being the top goal scores in the division though

Think Swansea might have something to say about that.... Scotland, Duffy, Trundle... (+ unknown spanish geezer)... pretty damn strong too... tell ya what though, would be a good fight too between the forward lines..... Ricketts V Trundle - now theres a heavyweight contest!

think the first match of the season could be very interesting.... lots of players on both sides wanting to prove themselves from the off....

Ourselves, Forest & swansea all have to fancy ourselves to score goals.... not much between all three strikeforces....

Think the best team will simply be the one who can keep the goals out... the strikers should do the rest.... and as I have said before... really like how solid our team now looks...

we will if you're letting in 7!

remember big fat joe saying"we have to score 4 to win a game"!

Yeah, but thats what happens when you have hallworth in nets! :wink:

Our defence is the most solid it has been for ages - well.... except the old... left problem...

Top scorers and least conceeded in the division anyone??? Or is that a little too optimistic...

:who:

we will if you're letting in 7!

remember big fat joe saying"we have to score 4 to win a game"!

Last season, when Porter could be bothered, our defence looked better than it may have been as the other teams didn't get a sniff. This time, I feel the defence will be stronger, as will Midfield and attack, well let's hope we are out of sight by Feb.

C'mon U Lateeksaaahhhhhh...............