Jump to content

Cricket World Cup 2019


Recommended Posts

Seeing as it is the summer (well almost) thought I would start this off with Justin Langer's comments about Warner and Smith, asking for the English crowds not to boo them. 

 FWIW I think that he is right given that we are talking about a game that is supposedly played in the right spirit (even though ball tampering isn't within the spirit of the game). 

 But a side of me thinks if the boot were to be on the other foot and this was being played in Australia, would English players be receiving Langer's support. 

 Anyway I think that this could be our trophy for the taking, a glorious summer awaits. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The OT tie could be tasty. 

If Bangladesh turn up, given the Cardiff pitch is usually a turning wicket, that could be good too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

If Bangladesh turn up, given the Cardiff pitch is usually a turning wicket, that could be good too. 

I think the way England dispatched South Africa you may have to look at extended sightseeing. Worse places to be though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, disjointed said:

Seeing as it is the summer (well almost) thought I would start this off with Justin Langer's comments about Warner and Smith, asking for the English crowds not to boo them. 

 FWIW I think that he is right given that we are talking about a game that is supposedly played in the right spirit (even though ball tampering isn't within the spirit of the game). 

 But a side of me thinks if the boot were to be on the other foot and this was being played in Australia, would English players be receiving Langer's support. 

 Anyway I think that this could be our trophy for the taking, a glorious summer awaits. 

The Aussie crowds were always so fair with Stuart Broad after his non-walk 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, disjointed said:

Seeing as it is the summer (well almost) thought I would start this off with Justin Langer's comments about Warner and Smith, asking for the English crowds not to boo them. 

 FWIW I think that he is right given that we are talking about a game that is supposedly played in the right spirit (even though ball tampering isn't within the spirit of the game). 

 But a side of me thinks if the boot were to be on the other foot and this was being played in Australia, would English players be receiving Langer's support. 

 Anyway I think that this could be our trophy for the taking, a glorious summer awaits. 

Bollocks to that. Warner and Smith shouldn’t even be playing. I hoped they are booed and the Aussies get their arses kicked every game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Impressive back to back wins for England to go into the semis.  Jason Roy makes a big difference.  Bairstow, Woakes, Joffrey and Stokes all looking good.  Finding form at the right time.

 

No doubt agonising semi-final defeat awaits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Sometimes sport gives you entertainment that is unrivaled, but surely the most ardent English cricket fan must feel a little bit of sympathy for New Zealand, the ball that hit Stokes and deflected to the boundary changed the game. Well done both teams for giving us a fitting spectacle for the final. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Sometimes sport gives you entertainment that is unrivaled, but surely the most ardent English cricket fan must feel a little bit of sympathy for New Zealand, the ball that hit Stokes and deflected to the boundary changed the game. Well done both teams for giving us a fitting spectacle for the final. 

I’m married to one and used to live there. But after all the sporting related heartbreak I’ve had from England and Latics over the years I couldn’t give 2 ficks 😂

 

And as I said to my missus, they can have the rugby one in a couple months time. 

 

What a sensational piece of sport that was. Stunning game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...