Founder members of the premiership

17 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Football didn’t begin in 1992. One of the founder members of the football league, from 1888 (much more significant) dropped into non league last season....

I think Accrington were the first to go out of the league? 

18 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

If the worst comes to the worst , the end of the season could see us become the first inaugural member of the premier league to drop out of the top 4 divisions. History makers that could be us.

Plumbing the depths of despair, are we?
It's really not necessary. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I think Accrington were the first to go out of the league? 

Sorry to be nerdy but Accrington Stanley were a different club to Accrington ( founder members of the League)...

Edit: Accrington resigned from the FL in 1893 so were I suppose the first founder members to leave, though Notts County have the dubious record of being the first to be ejected. 

2 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Sorry to be nerdy but Accrington Stanley were a different club to Accrington ( founder members of the League)...

Edit: Accrington resigned from the FL in 1893 so were I suppose the first founder members to leave, though Notts County have the dubious record of being the first to be ejected. 

Good challenge. 

I guess many would argue that Wimbledon were the first Premier League club to exit the EFL

Archived