RIP Peter Phoenix

43 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

So sad to hear of the passing of Peter Phoenix. He was a genuine out and out winger who could send in some sublime crosses. Condolences to Peter's family and friends.

Link

And wasn't that a cracking kit?

A little bit before my time (first game was 1966) but sounded like a genuine winger. 

😎

2 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

So sad to hear of the passing of Peter Phoenix. He was a genuine out and out winger who could send in some sublime crosses. Condolences to Peter's family and friends.

Link

And wasn't that a cracking kit?

I remember Peter well, a quick player who always gave his best for the club.

Always immaculate with film star looks too.

Yes that was the kit that attracted me to follow Latics as it was unique to them.

Hope it comes back as part of the 125 year celebrations 

41 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yes that was the kit that attracted me to follow Latics as it was unique to them.

Most people's favourite kit was the one when they started going regularly.  So tangerine for me.  If they did that for everyone we could have a different kit every game

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Used to laugh about how immaculate his hair was from start to finish always blessed himself coming out too.

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Most people's favourite kit was the one when they started going regularly.  So tangerine for me.  If they did that for everyone we could have a different kit every game

Some never chaged like Ajax...our old kit in red.

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

For me it's not the kit it's the colour, tangerine everytime. When I started watching we played in tangerine but the one a few years back was the best one. 

Archived