Bahamboula

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Corned Beef took him off again today, despite being our brightest spark again. Mikey remarked a few times in ifollow that Curle isn't as taken with him as Latics fans are, but it is going to be a long season next year if he is going to be pratting around with our most exciting player...

To take him off and play Garrity or Hilssner was as bad as his decision to start with an injured goalkeeper.

Not convinced he's any better than Kewell.

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

To take him off and play Garrity or Hilssner was as bad as his decision to start with an injured goalkeeper.

Not convinced he's any better than Kewell.

To start with Walker was a very strange decision for an ‘experienced’ manager - at least two of the goals may have been stopped if the keeper was not carrying an injury and I cannot remember a single time that he came off his line to any effect. He looked ill at ease throughout and this must have affected the defence in some way -  Curle cannot think much of Bilboe at all.

I had suggested that Adams should have been brought in for Fage for this game as I still see too many weaknesses in the defensive side of the Frenchman’s game. What is puzzling to me is the poor showing today from Clarke, Keillor-Dunn and McCalmont. All were rightly substituted. 

But, like you, I was baffled why Curle took off Bahamboula - another strange decision. 

It is fair to say however that  Adams and Hilssner did okay when they came on and even Blackwood brought something different. And we did get the deficit back to a single goal with the changed side. The cameo from Vaughan (who looked every inch the schoolboy in stature) was promising. Garrity on the other hand added nothing.

Morecambe had too many good players on the day for us to cope with - and too many of ours did not show up.

19 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

To start with Walker was a very strange decision for an ‘experienced’ manager - at least two of the goals may have been stopped if the keeper was not carrying an injury and I cannot remember a single time that he came off his line to any effect. He looked ill at ease throughout and this must have affected the defence in some way -  Curle cannot think much of Bilboe at all.

I had suggested that Adams should have been brought in for Fage for this game as I still see too many weaknesses in the defensive side of the Frenchman’s game. What is puzzling to me is the poor showing today from Clarke, Keillor-Dunn and McCalmont. All were rightly substituted. 

But, like you, I was baffled why Curle took off Bahamboula - another strange decision. 

It is fair to say however that  Adams and Hilssner did okay when they came on and even Blackwood brought something different. And we did get the deficit back to a single goal with the changed side. The cameo from Vaughan (who looked every inch the schoolboy in stature) was promising. Garrity on the other hand added nothing.

Morecambe had too many good players on the day for us to cope with - and too many of ours did not show up.

Too many of our players do ok then go missing in the next game.

Every manager will tell you they want consistently good performances and you can bet KC will be weighing up right now if he can work with this lot in the long term if Mo interferes.

Archived