Bahamboula

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What is he? Forward? Winger?  Complete maverick that should just be left to his own devices? 

For me personally, I’d have him as a 10. Forget wasting his energy on defensive duties and just let him roam around and pick up pockets of space. It would also contribute to us being a lot better defensively, as him and McAleny have no interest in tracking back which is fine when the midfield 3 are good enough. 

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What is he? Forward? Winger?  Complete maverick that should just be left to his own devices? 

Give him a free role in the middle so he can run at the centre of defence and get in the box where he can do more damage 

22 minutes ago, archiecat said:

He can't shoot, his crosses are poor and he has no end product 50% of the time.

He is another Nepo or a Branger.  

I would be lying if I said I hadn’t had the thought his end product can be questionable sometimes. 

Still our most creative player by miles. 

I found myself completely infuriated with him on Tuesday along with a few others. Does all the hard work for his chance then opts not to put his laces through it. He swanned round the pitch with what I can only summise, zero defensive responsibility. He's not a centre forward as he can't play with his back to goal. If we play him no. 10 I'm not sure we can play Mcaleny as well as he doesn't offer anything defensively or press from the front. I'd play him right wing as that's where he has been most successful and like Adams alluded to in his interview, remind him not to switch off and track back as well. 

5 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

I found myself completely infuriated with him on Tuesday along with a few others. Does all the hard work for his chance then opts not to put his laces through it. He swanned round the pitch with what I can only summise, zero defensive responsibility. He's not a centre forward as he can't play with his back to goal. If we play him no. 10 I'm not sure we can play Mcaleny as well as he doesn't offer anything defensively or press from the front. I'd play him right wing as that's where he has been most successful and like Adams alluded to in his interview, remind him not to switch off and track back as well. 

Can see Adams getting annoyed with him in a couple of games times. 

In previous matches he's done a good job of tracking back and helping out the right back.  

Now we've got a decent right back it's tempting to move him inside, but I think it's harder for teams to double up on him if he's played wide.

He drives into the box often enough, so it would be good to see him shoot earlier or look for a foul at the very least.

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

I will be delighted if he turns out to be the enormous talent some think he already is, only time will tell eh 😉

I doubt very much he will ever lift the European Cup but as someone as pointed out he has the second highest assists in the league so for where we are and considering he is measured against the likes of 

Garrity

Keillor Dunne

Whelan

Cbj

Jombati

hes probably one we should applaud and want to keep above those 

26 minutes ago, Andyt84 said:

Get him out on the right running at the fullback with Nicky Adams overlapping.  Him being out wide will create more space in the middle and stop them doubling up on him. 

Why would want Adams to bring more defenders over and with him if you want him running at the full back 

23 minutes ago, Sheep Foot said:

Why would want Adams to bring more defenders over and with him if you want him running at the full back 

A similar player to Bahanboula like Toure of Carlisle on the other flank would have opponents dizzy trying to cover.

Archived