Bahamboula

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Of course they can. Both the previous Head Coach and the current CEO have recently said Kewell was in charge of the recruitment (why we still employ a Sporting Director if that is the case is a different debate completely!) and in charge of selection and tactics. A decent manager, which I hope 0 wins in 4 Keith is, can still get good enough players in and perform well. Other clubs managed it despite lunatic owners - Blackpool, Coventry, Bury immediately come to mind...

Spot on Sinnot. 

But people will not have it. 

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Pidge said:

Just looking at your recent posts L1, you blame managers for signing up under this owner kind of implying they should know better, then say ALMO constantly hire below par managers (records agree with you).

Maybe after the applications for the job, few decent ones have applied and the ones that do pull out, leaving the desperate, or new.  Any decent desperate manager would not want to stay hence signing only to the end of the season.

Any manager signing up will be taking a gamble on a run of results that will creat interest from a “better” owner.  Anyway you look at it we are f—ked until this owner leaves.

I’m not blaming anyone for taking a wage and giving it a go. I think every manager thinks they’ll be the one to make it work. If you didn’t have that naivety to an extent you’d never take a job. 

The recruitment of managers is non existent. It would appear we don’t even have an interview process. Why are all our new coaches announced the day after or in some in cases on the same day? We’re not left with the desperate, we get who ALMO ring. Big difference. Fans then can’t believe it, when the football is so poor. Well it will be when we’re often relying on ALMO’s ‘expertise’ to pick a manger. 

This time (on the their 9th attempt) they have a rang a decent manager with a bit of pedigree, I hope he gets next season. 

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Of course they can. Both the previous Head Coach and the current CEO have recently said Kewell was in charge of the recruitment (why we still employ a Sporting Director if that is the case is a different debate completely!) and in charge of selection and tactics. A decent manager, which I hope 0 wins in 4 Keith is, can still get good enough players in and perform well. Other clubs managed it despite lunatic owners - Blackpool, Coventry, Bury immediately come to mind...

But there lunatic owners were splashing cash on decent players ours arent 

46 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’m not blaming anyone for taking a wage and giving it a go. I think every manager thinks they’ll be the one to make it work. If you didn’t have that naivety to an extent you’d never take a job. 

The recruitment of managers is non existent. It would appear we don’t even have an interview process. Why are all our new coaches announced the day after or in some in cases on the same day? We’re not left with the desperate, we get who ALMO ring. Big difference. Fans then can’t believe it, when the football is so poor. Well it will be when we’re often relying on ALMO’s ‘expertise’ to pick a manger. 

This time (on the their 9th attempt) they have a rang a decent manager with a bit of pedigree, I hope he gets next season. 

Agents recommend managers as well as players hence no interviews.

On 3/22/2021 at 2:48 PM, League one forever said:

The discussion is about whether any manger or coach can make a difference at our club. 

You now state It is indeed impossible. Fair enough. But then you praise managers which makes no sense when you state it’s impossible. It wasn’t impossible when Kewell went on our best away run for twenty years this season. It wasn’t impossible when players who seemingly can’t pass a ball, play to a position or have any any tactical awareness now suddenly look like they can. 

The owners are obviously a massive issue, but so is there recruitment of absolute dross managers. Then surprise surprise they have to sack them. KC might turn out to be shit, or get the boot but at the very least they’ve gone for and attracted someone with pedigree. 

If he is given it for next season, I’d expect to be top half. Which given the climate at the club the quality of the manager and the under investment is the best we can hope with these in charge. But it’s better than 18th. 

Well, actually my original post was an objection to @BP1960seemingly writing off Curle as negative because he hadn't picked Bahamboula for a couple of games.

Anyway, I'm not sure we're disagreeing much. You say a manager can make a difference, which is undeniable, and I certainly hope Curle does so (a positive difference, of course!). My wider point is that I cannot see him - or anyone else - making enough of a difference under what I'm sure we both agree is a truly shambolic owner. He just won't be here long enough.

4 hours ago, hollandspies said:

Conclusion:

As things stand, Bamboo will be 70 minutes fresher than Missile when they return to English football.

When they have both completed their 10 day quarantine I don't suppose it will make a huge difference. 

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

When they have both completed their 10 day quarantine I don't suppose it will make a huge difference. 

Congo & Guinea-Bissau are not on the red list, and he's exempt under elite sports rule 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

If we had to choose between keeping Bahamboula or Curle, who are having...?

Curle, give him total control, fuck flat cap and Shitpeas off, it's the only way we will stand any chance of success. 

18 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Anyone back the winner of the Irish Grand National? 

Freewheelin Dylan.... At 150/1

No, I would have needed about 25 selections in the race to have found that.

Backed the second Run Wild Fred E/W at 10's, think it might have won with anything like a competent jump at the second last, lost a length and all its momentum with the mistake, never mind Aintree this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Corned Beef took him off again today, despite being our brightest spark again. Mikey remarked a few times in ifollow that Curle isn't as taken with him as Latics fans are, but it is going to be a long season next year if he is going to be pratting around with our most exciting player...

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Corned Beef took him off again today, despite being our brightest spark again. Mikey remarked a few times in ifollow that Curle isn't as taken with him as Latics fans are, but it is going to be a long season next year if he is going to be pratting around with our most exciting player...

Don't think big Dylan will be losing any sleep over what Curle does

He'll be playing under a different gaffer nailed on

Archived