Rochdale

We have spent decades on a life support machine with us supporters sat by the bed hoping for a small miracle to bring us back to life 

1. Blitz Corney Gazal bought the club to move us and make a £fortune by building a retail park and hotel on the land 

2. Abdallah Lemsagam bought the club with good intention but has proved to be grossly incompetent at being the guardian of our football club 

Some very well run football clubs in the North West and done so without wealthy owners and having to have big attendances 

Just hope we get another chance 

8 minutes ago, tGWB said:

We have spent decades on a life support machine with us supporters sat by the bed hoping for a small miracle to bring us back to life 

1. Blitz Corney Gazal bought the club to move us and make a £fortune by building a retail park and hotel on the land 

2. Abdallah Lemsagam bought the club with good intention but has proved to be grossly incompetent at being the guardian of our football club 

Some very well run football clubs in the North West and done so without wealthy owners and having to have big attendances 

Problem is I don’t see our fans ever being happy. If we stabilised under an owner who did the right thing, was shrewd in the market and generally ran the club well but we lived within our means would fans accept that? I am not convinced 

3 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Problem is I don’t see our fans ever being happy. If we stabilised under an owner who did the right thing, was shrewd in the market and generally ran the club well but we lived within our means would fans accept that? I am not convinced 

It’s vital that oasf lead a conversation about what sort of club we want if it has aspirations to secure a greater ownership in it 

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

For me, most football fans whilst never being ‘happy’ they really just want three things 

to feel part of their club

to see them compete in whatever league they play in 

to see progress on the pitch 

6 minutes ago, tGWB said:

For me, most football fans whilst never being ‘happy’ they really just want three things 

to feel part of their club

to see them compete in whatever league they play in 

to see progress on the pitch 

100 per cent. But you can’t always have the latter. Our history weighs heavy 

3 hours ago, Andy b said:

I think the majority would. Most fans are realistic enough to know the realities of supporting a club like ours we do lose our best players we very rarely fill the stadium and trips to Wembley happen once in a generation/lifetime. You will always get those screaming out for more ambition to sack a manager etc and we live in the world of social media which gives people like that a platform. But if people see a club that tries to have the best team it can have, that tries to give its match going public a decent day out on a Saturday afternoon and tries to build bridges with the fanbase rather than burn them then the majority will be on board with that.

Alot of people wonder now why Corney didn't get more flack while he was here but the sentiment was that he was atleast trying to take the club forwards albeit unsuccessfully.

3 hours ago, Andy b said:

Thats all I want.. 

On 12/5/2021 at 6:04 PM, tGWB said:

It could be said that the club is being run by the income it generates now.

We need millions to buy the land and club and run it. I can't see that being possible without a group of reasonably wealthy people. There is also a lot of rebuilding to do.

43 minutes ago, al_bro said:

We need millions to buy the land and club and run it. I can't see that being possible without a group of reasonably wealthy people. There is also a lot of rebuilding to do.

Maybe so. However, the income is far short of what it could be if the club were effectively run - we have no sponsors to speak of for one.

Granted the fiasco with the ground partly explains our low income. 

On 12/6/2021 at 6:46 PM, al_bro said:

No chance al_bro that the club is self financing. It needs attendances of at least 6,000 to wash its face

Unless you are an existing supporter of the Club, there is very little in the way of decent prospects for investing your money in our club and the town.

Limited opportunity to grow the fan base because of its demographics and being sat in the shadow of two of the richest football clubs in the World

8 minutes ago, tGWB said:

No chance al_bro that the club is self financing. It needs attendances of at least 6,000 to wash its face

Unless you are an existing supporter of the Club, there is very little in the way of decent prospects for investing your money in our club and the town.

Limited opportunity to grow the fan base because of its demographics and being sat in the shadow of two of the richest football clubs in the World

What you say seems right, however the limited opportunity to grow the fan base needs a club admin who is prepared to work with that.  There are football fans who regularly will not have a ticket for United or City.  If Oldham was a pleasant nice place to spend Saturday afternoon, they may turn up there.  Look at the way so many non league clubs treat those who turn up. They value the customer.

14 minutes ago, Pidge said:

What you say seems right, however the limited opportunity to grow the fan base needs a club admin who is prepared to work with that.  There are football fans who regularly will not have a ticket for United or City.  If Oldham was a pleasant nice place to spend Saturday afternoon, they may turn up there.  Look at the way so many non league clubs treat those who turn up. They value the customer.

That's a fair shout Pidge

Am not sure though if the community club concept that non league clubs provide could survive in the football league

Only this weekend, Accrington Stanley toilets were smashed up and stewards spat at and abused by the fans of Fleetwood Town.

Fleetwood Town for goodness sake !

Our lot were allegedly chucking bricks at Tranmere Rover fans and damaged a coach only last night 

Archived