Youth v QPR

Kids more than holding their own , just like the first team , pass it well create chances and then miss them !!

Harry Vaughan on bench he could definitely be the difference if hes brought  on . 0-0 at halftime

agree about  Modi and Simms took his goal  well , also agree about this playing about at the back , just puts the team under pressure

Amazing how many times Latics teams hit the woodwork !!! and how many dont ricochet in !!!

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Latics keeper  and defenders playing the ball out from the back giving the ball away time and time again.

It's what all accadamy coaches teach nowadays. If you can't do it you get released. My son plays accadamy football and the long clearance is pretty much banned.

More goals come from errors whilst trying to do this than are created at this level!

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

It's what all accadamy coaches teach nowadays. If you can't do it you get released. My son plays accadamy football and the long clearance is pretty much banned.

More goals come from errors whilst trying to do this than are created at this level!

The better players can do this under pressure, the less skilled can't.

14 hours ago, Londonboy said:

I don't think it's a bad thing to get youngsters playing from the back. That said, I watched some of the United game last night and Henderson wasn't afraid to launch a few long goal kicks.

At our level, playing from the back is not going to work because the players aren't good enough.

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I don't think it's a bad thing to get youngsters playing from the back. That said, I watched some of the United game last night and Henderson wasn't afraid to launch a few long goal kicks.

At our level, playing from the back is not going to work because the players aren't good enough.

When I asked one manager why his keeper lifted the ball high and as close centrally to the opposition penalty area as he could his reply was..."Because there's a 50/50 chance we will win the ball in the air or a 50/50 chance they will head it to one of ours."  🙂

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

When I asked one manager why his keeper lifted the ball high and as close centrally to the opposition penalty area as he could his reply was..."Because there's a 50/50 chance we will win the ball in the air or a 50/50 chance they well head it to one of ours."  🙂

Dave Bassett? 

Archived