More Myth Busting - Administration

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

I find it hard to visualise Blitz going ahead with building on Boundary Park, or the council sanctioning it. Maybe a naive view, but as has been said it would be a PR nightmare for Blitz.

One thing that comes out strongly from Mike Keegan's excellent book is how good for the town the glory days under Joe Royle were, not least the impact on the local economy. I'm not suggesting we'll ever see that kind of success again, but on a smaller scale a well-run, reasonably successful club with good relations with its fanbase would still be a great asset for the town.

Absolutely…..going off Saturdays crowd of over 8000 just think of the extra revenue that must have brought to the local pubs and shops and maybe even the town centre too. 
It would make a huge difference to everyone if that was the norm throughout the season especially if we had some long overdue success on the pitch

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I find it hard to visualise Blitz going ahead with building on Boundary Park, or the council sanctioning it. Maybe a naive view, but as has been said it would be a PR nightmare for Blitz.

One thing that comes out strongly from Mike Keegan's excellent book is how good for the town the glory days under Joe Royle were, not least the impact on the local economy. I'm not suggesting we'll ever see that kind of success again, but on a smaller scale a well-run, reasonably successful club with good relations with its fanbase would still be a great asset for the town.

Why would Blitz care about PR? Not like he'd have an ongoing local presence. 

23 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Why would Blitz care about PR? Not like he'd have an ongoing local presence. 

I don't have any time for Blitz, but it would be odd if, having rescued the club all those years ago, he was to play such an active role in its demise don't you think? Some wealthy people do care about their legacy and for all we know he may be one of them.

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I don't have any time for Blitz, but it would be odd if, having rescued the club all those years ago, he was to play such an active role in its demise don't you think? Some wealthy people do care about their legacy and for all we know he may be one of them.

I tend to associate PR (or random lying as I prefer to think of it) as business related. Just not sure whether Blitz would care about what people in a town he'll probably never set foot in again think of him.. 

38 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I tend to associate PR (or random lying as I prefer to think of it) as business related. Just not sure whether Blitz would care about what people in a town he'll probably never set foot in again think of him.. 

Yes I'm pretty sure he wouldn't give two hoots what the man or woman in the Oldham street might think of him. You might hope though that, as attempts to improve football governance generally are stepped up, adverse media publicity (which to a small extent we've already seen with Talksport and AL) would make life uncomfortable for Blitz and his cronies. Doesn't guarantee anything of course, but wealthy businessmen are often nervous about bad publicity when it's non-business related. Blitz is on record as saying he would only seek reimbursement of his £6m (if that's the figure?) if we got to the PL; that doesn't sound like a guy who would jump at the chance to kill us off, whatever his faults. 

If Blitz wanted to build houses on Boundary Park he would have done it years ago he would have called in his directors loans and finished us off. That's not his end goal his end goal is to sell the land and effectively get his money back.

Its not in Abdallahs best interests for us to go into administration or Blitz's. That's why I don't think that's where we will end up, but it's still a possibility and it won't be pretty if we go there. I'd like a swift and efficient conclusion to both Blitz and The Lemsagams involvement in the football club, However I really wouldn't be surprised to see this being a long drawn out affair which will be costly to all involved. 

On 2/3/2022 at 6:33 PM, GlossopLatic said:

If Blitz wanted to build houses on Boundary Park he would have done it years ago he would have called in his directors loans and finished us off. That's not his end goal his end goal is to sell the land and effectively get his money back.

isnt this contradictory? 

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived