MATCH: vs Crawley Town (A) 01/03/22

5 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I think Hart merits inclusion too - Couto coming in at LB. 

Would like to know if there was any injury explanation for his performance at Colchester when he was absolutely roasted 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Would like to know if there was any injury explanation for his performance at Colchester when he was absolutely roasted 

Tiredness I understand after the long trip. same with Whelan. Crawley was a night match so we could travel later in the day.

Have to admire Pidge though as he's a fitness colossus.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Tiredness I understand after the long trip. same with Whelan. Crawley was a night match so we could travel later in the day.

Have to admire Pidge though as he's a fitness colossus.

To say that doesn't bode well for a busy period would be understating things a bit!  Our wafer thin squad does not fill me with confidence bearing in mind we are probably weaker now than we were at the start of the transfer window

19 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

To say that doesn't bode well for a busy period would be understating things a bit!  Our wafer thin squad does not fill me with confidence bearing in mind we are probably weaker now than we were at the start of the transfer window

Don't forget we have Jamieson to come back. 🤔

Squad depth was always going to be an issues Fondop getting injured and probably being out for most of the rest of the season is typical of our luck. 

I almost think we could we playing a real week side and give the likes of Missle, Pidge etc a week off. Ease of training a bit and try and regroup and rest the main players. March is a major month for us lots of games and another long trip down south. IF we get lots more injuries we will be coming into the tale end of the season with a real thin squad. I'd almost want to play a fringe side at Swindon and then regroup the week after back at BP. A risky strategy but we are  a long way from the end of the season and we have to manage the work load somehow. 

But that's me. I'm sure Lord John will have an idea of what he wants to do. 

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Don't forget we have Jamieson to come back. 🤔

I actually think that he’s a reasonable technical footballer…

what let’s him down is his mental approach to the game - he has no spatial awareness of what is going on around him, his positional play is poor and he constantly seems to switch off at vital moments.

Given that we have heard nothing at all about him for months, I can only assume that he is no longer in and around the club 🤔

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

in Wayne Brown’s post match interview, he says that Colchester targeted our left side and getting balls down the side of the full back and catching him out of position. I wonder if Shez recognises this weakness and it’s why Adams played left mid on Tues to help give Hart more protection. I think it is a vulnerable area, as Pidge plays left sided centre back, so has a lack of pace covering any through balls between him & Hart.

11 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

You never had a bad day at work?

Happens to everyone he’s been consistently one of our better players all season 

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived