MATCH: vs Crawley Town (A) 01/03/22

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed with only a point after watching them. Newport best I’ve seen recently by a mile. Got in front again and two poor goals against put us up against it but good recovery and point. Good to also note we have them for Last game at home and with nowt to play for I think they would be very beatable 

Decent point, and decent results apart from Carlisle. Fucking Rochdale ffs!

Saturday isn’t must win, but we need to maintain our decent recent record, and hopefully go back above Carlisle on GD. Stevenage have a tough run after Saturday so if we can be above them come 5pm Sat i’ll be feeling confident. 

1 minute ago, IceStationLatic said:

Stevenage are also in the mix. Two games in hand on them also. The run of home games we have is going to be massive. 

yep home wins are going to be key to us staying up. Good that we are constantly picking up points. We look ok although have no depth. Be good for baha to be back sat 

6 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Beat Carlisle on Saturday and I will be much more confident.
Baha will be back but probably on the bench.

We could do with a calming influence in midfield, the ball is a hot potato.

Just worried that our goals tonight were two belters because we didn’t really create much else and our old failing of not being able to hold the ball up has returned again.

I think it’s absolutely vital we get Fondop fit and Bambi firing again asap because without those two goals out of nothing tonight we never looked like scoring!

We still have a mountain to climb, 13 points from 21 and unbeaten in 7 is promotion form yet we are still in a relegation place. 
Carlisle next week is massive!! 

12 minutes ago, IceStationLatic said:

Stevenage are also in the mix. Two games in hand on them also. The run of home games we have is going to be massive. 

Everybody up to Walsall is still in the mix!

Clarke is the MOST most improved player since Shez's return.  Been outstanding.

In fact all our back four were superb again - protected Rogers reasonably well.  I suppose the conditions dictated Crawley played it in the air a lot - seems strange as we ate most of that up, but struggled with their pace when they played it on the ground.

Missile and Adams also put a hell of a shift in..

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Just worried that our goals tonight were two belters because we didn’t really create much else and our old failing of not being able to hold the ball up has returned again.

I think it’s absolutely vital we get Fondop fit and Bambi firing again asap because without those two goals out of nothing tonight we never looked like scoring!

We still have a mountain to climb, 13 points from 21 and unbeaten in 7 is promotion form yet we are still in a relegation place. 
Carlisle next week is massive!! 

Somebody rumouring on Twatter that Fondop is out for the season. 

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Everybody up to Walsall is still in the mix!

A proper mini-league, ain't it! If I supported one of the other teams in it, given our recent form, I'd be worried about the others as opposed to ourselves. They must be thinking we're gonna be alright. 

Obviously, Abdallah and co have given up. At least they've made a decision that may ensure we remain a League club. We'd have been gone now... To say we're still in it given the massive upturn in form... Scary to think how it'd have been without Shez.

7 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

A proper mini-league, ain't it! If I supported one of the other teams in it, given our recent form, I'd be worried about the others as opposed to ourselves. They must be thinking we're gonna be alright. 

Obviously, Abdallah and co have given up. At least they've made a decision that may ensure we remain a League club. We'd have been gone now... To say we're still in it given the massive upturn in form... Scary to think how it'd have been without Shez.

Yeah, at this stage I’d rather chase. (As long as we’re in touching distance)  Rather than be looking over our shoulder. 

Archived