MATCH: vs Stevenage (A) 02/04/22

25 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Is it really though? It doesn't take much to be successful in this god-awful division...

We need a better squad and a lengthy period of relative stability off field to be successful next season. Those feel like pipe dreams to me!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of me says that although they have shown some togetherness and endeavour on occasion they regularly get beat by lower 4th tier sides. That isn't much of a platform.

When I'm more optimistic I think there are a few worth keeping and with some intelligent recruitment and a capable manager we could be competitive ( in this god awful league....)

BUT in all likelihood a new manager late in the close season, some of those I'd want to keep leaving in search of more than £800 and with Flat Cap recruiting........

17 hours ago, nzlatic said:

We need a better squad and a lengthy period of relative stability off field to be successful next season. Those feel like pipe dreams to me!

There's a team in this division going for promotion with Ben Garrity in central midfield. Anything is possible...

27 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

There's a team in this division going for promotion with Ben Garrity in central midfield. Anything is possible...

It wouldn't be hard to come up with a really good team of players who were crap for us over the last few years

12 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It wouldn't be hard to come up with a really good team of players who were crap for us over the last few years

I wonder how easy it would be to come up with a team of players who were good for us and crap when they moved on. I'll start with 2 from last year. McAleny and Rowe. And I'll add Ripley. 

On 4/5/2022 at 9:07 AM, No Pyro No Party said:

They are solid on their day but our defence is far too inconsistent. We're currently tied 3rd for the most goals against this season. It's a definite improvement on last season but then that's comparing to when we were 1st in goals conceded. As you've said, the midfield and attack (especially) leave a lot to be desired but if we want to challenge in this league, we're going to need a lot better players at the back.

I don't disagree, but I think part of that is down to the midfield and attack being so lightweight that the defence is constantly under pressure. Any defence is going to struggle if the opposition are able to just stroll through the midfield. Missilou has definitely helped us improve in this regard tbf.

They're not world beaters, but i think it's a more than good enough platform to build on in this division

Or the one below 💀

• Bender unfeatured this topic

Archived