MATCH: vs Stevenage (A) 02/04/22

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

Let us not lose sight of why we are where we are! We are having to go through these tight relegation matches because of the sheer incompetence of Abdallah, Mo and the weaseling of fat Barry. Those that have already bought season tickets are the ones slowly killing the club. Prolonging the suffering and giving Mo and Barry the licence to do the fuck they like with our club.

“Those who have bought season tickets are ..killing the club”

I’ve read some tripe on here but….

Many of those have been helping keep the live in years gone by . 

26 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Pidge MOM but the back four and Rogers all stepped up despite riding their luck, Missilou another good game and Hope to be fair put a proper shift in there defending from the front, not arsed how we win, a couple more of them and we should be okay. On to Port Vale where I'd take a point but no reason why we cant give them a game.

Agree. Pidge was MOM by a country mile. Absolutely outstanding and hardly put a foot wrong. He was screeming at players to get back and play it simple. It's no surprise that him coming back from suspension coincides with 2 clean sheets.

He's as solid as they come at our shite L2 level.

Onto Vale next Sat 👍

24 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

Let us not lose sight of why we are where we are! We are having to go through these tight relegation matches because of the sheer incompetence of Abdallah, Mo and the weaseling of fat Barry. Those that have already bought season tickets are the ones slowly killing the club. Prolonging the suffering and giving Mo and Barry the licence to do the fuck they like with our club.

Won 2 matches haven't we since Barry was seen back? 😉

5 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

If you seriously think the :clown::clown::clown: are going to be swayed by a few discounted season tickets (well, maybe Inspector Knacker) then you need to give your head a wobble. Whether or not our league status is secured, demos against them will ramp up at the end of the season, regardless of how many tickets they flog. To accuse fans of being the ones killing the club is disgraceful.

While I agree with you WO, those buying season tickets now need to give their heads a wobble too.

Money given by fans now will not help us this season. That money will be put  in ALs pocket as he travels back to Dubai.  Any new owner will not benefit from that donation.  Wait till we get the new owner in place, buying the season tickets then may well make a difference to the fighting chest for next season.

6 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Keep Jordan Clarke fit by the way we have one hell of a player 

That cross was sublime 

It was but he fucks up to often trying to overplay out of defence. 

A couple of times today he should have put the ball out for a throw in, lost it and put us under pressure.

If he learns to just play it safe he could be a decent right back.

5 minutes ago, Pidge said:

While I agree with you WO, those buying season tickets now need to give their heads a wobble too.

Money given by fans now will not help us this season. That money will be put  in ALs pocket as he travels back to Dubai.  Any new owner will not benefit from that donation.  Wait till we get the new owner in place, buying the season tickets then may well make a difference to the fighting chest for next season.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

6 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Problem is there is no guarantee of a new owner any time soon. Dammed if you do. Dammed if you don't. 

Just now, bluehobbit said:

Problem is there is no guarantee of a new owner any time soon. Dammed if you do. Dammed if you don't. 

True, but we aren’t going to run out our season tickets to buy are we.  Buy them later everyone, when we can see what is happening.

8 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

It was but he fucks up to often trying to overplay out of defence. 

A couple of times today he should have put the ball out for a throw in, lost it and put us under pressure.

If he learns to just play it safe he could be a decent right back.

I've watched him all season and liked him 

Your comments are valid but when looked at our squad as a whole he's one of our best players in my opinion 

15 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

“Those who have bought season tickets are ..killing the club”

I’ve read some tripe on here but….

Many of those have been helping keep the live in years gone by . 

If you are serious about getting rid of Barry and the owners? Then stop giving them money through season tickets. Those that have bought season tickets already. Have basically sent a message that it's okay for Mo to carry on in his job and that it's okay for Barry Owen to suck the life out of the club. You basically saying it's okay Abdallah you run the club how you like, hence slowly slowly killing the club. Put your money in the fans contingency fund instead! The ones that are trying to save the club in the long term are the ones who words and actions have been openly against the current ownership. 

We’ve played far better under Shez and lost so about time we had a little luck.Only bit of quality play in the game was enough to win it,they could still be playing now and not have scored.Credit Pidge,missed nothing all game,hope Luamba stays fit now as I think he’s got a lot about him.Well done boys,massive win.

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I've watched him all season and liked him 

Your comments are valid but when looked at our squad as a whole he's one of our best players in my opinion 

Yep don't disagree with that. Defo one for the future if he can learn

My last post on the Stevenage game.

I know everyone gave 100% today and ran their bollocks off, and we deserved a bit of luck which we got at times....but Whelan really is a liability. 

I genuinely don't know how he has made it as a pro footballer.

I know we are short of options but Hunt for me should start before him every time.

I really fear for us over the next few games of he starts as I just can't see him competing against the likes of Vale and Northamptons midfield.

Running around like a headless chicken and giving the ball away time after time just doesn't cut it.

Whatever the out come of this season he can't stay with us next year.

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

That is a far more measured and coherent post, Pidge, than Canada Latic's. At least you haven't accused loyal S/T holders of killing the club they love. When I see posts like Canada Latic's I despair.

Of course if AL is genuine about selling up - and who knows? - the more season tickets he sells now, the more he can talk up the potential fanbase to a new owner. Now that may well be small beer, but on the other hand if he doesn't sell any, then is that likely to attract potential buyers? The answer either way is we just don't know, which makes Canada Latic's condemnation of those renewing all the more fatuous. 

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

That is a far more measured and coherent post, Pidge, than Canada Latic's. At least you haven't accused loyal S/T holders of killing the club they love. When I see posts like Canada Latic's I despair.

Of course if AL is genuine about selling up - and who knows? - the more season tickets he sells now, the more he can talk up the potential fanbase to a new owner. Now that may well be small beer, but on the other hand if he doesn't sell any, then is that likely to attract potential buyers? The answer either way is we just don't know, which makes Canada Latic's condemnation of those renewing all the more fatuous. 

Give over WO. I was just putting out a few home truths and it has hurt a few. Some of our fanbase have had their head in the sand since season 96-97 regarding the clubs overal decline. Those that have bought season tickets so far are just basically the minority of the fans that continue to bury their heads in the sand. They are the ones who need their heads a wobble not me. Okay so I will retract about killing the club. With the money Mo is going to get promotion quality players, Al will get us out of the embargo and Barry will be a useful member of the board eating salads instead of pies. I just heard on the news that hell has frozen over. You should be despairing at people who continue to buy season tickets under this regime, instead of putting to the contingency fund.

Shez post match - tells it like it is:

“But I really do wish we would just take care of the ball and believe in ourselves a bit more because we make so many little basic errors to allow the opposition to get attempts at goal or create opportunities.

"I've said it before we are so naive in the way we go about games sometimes, but we've dug in and rode our luck and got three points."

9 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

Give over WO. I was just putting out a few home truths and it has hurt a few. Some of our fanbase have had their head in the sand since season 96-97 regarding the clubs overal decline. Those that have bought season tickets so far are just basically the minority of the fans that continue to bury their heads in the sand. They are the ones who need their heads a wobble not me. Okay so I will retract about killing the club. With the money Mo is going to get promotion quality players, Al will get us out of the embargo and Barry will be a useful member of the board eating salads instead of pies. I just heard on the news that hell has frozen over. You should be despairing at people who continue to buy season tickets under this regime, instead of putting to the contingency fund.

You call it "home truths" , I call it personal opinion. You may say that I am burying my head in the sand but the majority of supporters are happy to let others  decide to do what they are happy with.  

Archived