MATCH: vs Stevenage (A) 02/04/22

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

is that scunthorpe gone ?

13 points from safety so not mathematically but in reality they are gone.

They've been down for months losing to us was pivotal for them I hope it will be similarly pivotal for Stevenage today.

Excellent result, back four and Rogers were fantastic throughout. 

Adams and Hope never stopped running and Luamba caused them problems after he came on.

We rode our luck for a long time, lumping it long and seeing the ball come straight back at us. Stevenage will pick up points before the end of the season playing like that, so we need to keep the energy up in our remaining matches.

4 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Excellent result, back four and Rogers were fantastic throughout. 

Adams and Hope never stopped running and Luamba caused them problems after he came on.

We rode our luck for a long time, lumping it long and seeing the ball come straight back at us. Stevenage will pick up points before the end of the season playing like that, so we need to keep the energy up in our remaining matches.

I agree with that last sentence and I'd go as far as saying that Vale's late winner at Barrow is just as important to our survival hopes!

16 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

That will do.

2 more wins from 6 I reckon and I think we will be safe.

What a difference a week makes eh?

7 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I agree with that last sentence and I'd go as far as saying that Vale's late winner at Barrow is just as important to our survival hopes!

6 very tough games on paper, but there are no outstanding teams in this league. We have to scrap for everything and as bosh says, Barrow losing may be hugely significant. 

I’m not being complacent but they were playing us today one of the worse teams in the division. Fantastic result and we probably need a few more points but it is now a three way battle so I think we are now more likely than not to stay up. 
How they found the energy to do it again!  What a hero is Shez!

Huge huge huge win. We can’t go on another long losing rub but we are in the driving seat now. The Northampton and Crawley home games are as huge as today.

but shout out to the effort from the lads today. All worked hard and closed down and as a defensive performance it was good. Lumaba getting minutes is huge as well. We look better with his pace up top 

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Also Pidge won us that today, with the help of Sutton. Very very good today Pidge. 

A captains performance that, outstanding! Sutton looks a real prospect since he has come in, seems like a real old school centre half and learning from pidge will help him a lot.

3 minutes ago, daniel said:

A captains performance that, outstanding! Sutton looks a real prospect since he has come in, seems like a real old school centre half and learning from pidge will help him a lot.

yeah not his biggest fan but he was colossal at the back today. 

That game was a terrible advert for EFL 2, however, the result was obviously much more important than the performance and I’m chuffed to bits we got the points!

I really hope we can stay up, start next season under new ownership, attract better players and build a better squad of players because I do not want to watch the absolute shite such as today along with everything else we’ve had to contend with over the last 3/4 years ever again!!

As captured by the oft used cliche “sometimes you have to win ugly’, there are times when the result is far more important than the performance. There are games when you simply need to grind out a result. It sounds like today was one of those games.

I didn’t go today (staying safe ahead of a ‘Fit to Travel’ PCR Test on Monday) and following on Twitter was no fun. I didn’t want to listen to the audio as that might have finished me off…

Interesting that Stevenage had 15 attempts but only 1 on target - it seems that we must have worked hard, putting bodies on the line, to close them down and protect our lead.

In the end, we took our chance, they didn’t. Vale beating Barrow was a definite bonus in the context of the run-in.

We are by no means safe but what a precious 3 points today. 

Proud 🥲 

Pidge MOM but the back four and Rogers all stepped up despite riding their luck, Missilou another good game and Hope to be fair put a proper shift in there defending from the front, not arsed how we win, a couple more of them and we should be okay. On to Port Vale where I'd take a point but no reason why we cant give them a game.

37 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

That game was a terrible advert for EFL 2, however, the result was obviously much more important than the performance and I’m chuffed to bits we got the points!

I really hope we can stay up, start next season under new ownership, attract better players and build a better squad of players because I do not want to watch the absolute shite such as today along with everything else we’ve had to contend with over the last 3/4 years ever again!!

Let us not lose sight of why we are where we are! We are having to go through these tight relegation matches because of the sheer incompetence of Abdallah, Mo and the weaseling of fat Barry. Those that have already bought season tickets are the ones slowly killing the club. Prolonging the suffering and giving Mo and Barry the licence to do the fuck they like with our club.

Just seen the (admittedly brief) highlights on SSN, how on earth Stevenage didn't score from 2 or 3 chances I'll never know. I wonder if our luck is finally beginning to turn, if so long overdue.

We've got to build on these two fantastic results. By summer I want FL status secured and new owners. Not too much to ask, surely?!

3 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

Let us not lose sight of why we are where we are! We are having to go through these tight relegation matches because of the sheer incompetence of Abdallah, Mo and the weaseling of fat Barry. Those that have already bought season tickets are the ones slowly killing the club. Prolonging the suffering and giving Mo and Barry the licence to do the fuck they like with our club.

Your first sentence is spot on, but the second is not on. I will never condemn any fans who want to turn up, whatever the regime. If we don't stand together we will only lessen our chances of getting rid of the clowns.

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Your first sentence is spot on, but the second is not on. I will never condemn any fans who want to turn up, whatever the regime. If we don't stand together we will only lessen our chances of getting rid of the clowns.

If fans are serious about change, then they need to stop giving them money. It's that simple. The money will be going towards Mo doing what the fuck he wants with recruitment. Also enjoying the nightlife of Manchester. It will also be going towards Barry Owen stuffing his face with pies at the board table.

1 minute ago, Canada_latic said:

If fans are serious about change, then they need to stop giving them money. It's that simple. The money will be going towards Mo doing what the fuck he wants with recruitment. Also enjoying the nightlife of Manchester. It will also be going towards Barry Owen stuffing his face with pies at the board table.

If you seriously think the :clown::clown::clown: are going to be swayed by a few discounted season tickets (well, maybe Inspector Knacker) then you need to give your head a wobble. Whether or not our league status is secured, demos against them will ramp up at the end of the season, regardless of how many tickets they flog. To accuse fans of being the ones killing the club is disgraceful.

Archived