Oldham Rugby

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

I'm not saying I can dribble like Leo Messi past Harry Maguire, nor Slip round Jonah Lomu (can't name any others) like greased lightening. Still more skill in football...

Not more, different.  If you don't like the sport (assuming you've watched enough of it recently to have a valid view) then fine, we all have likes and dislikes.  But to denigrate it because it isn't very skilful is just ignorant bollocks I'm afraid.  I don't like RU or F1 (for example) at all but that's not to say I can't recognise that players and drivers in those sports are enormously skilful.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not more, different.  If you don't like the sport (assuming you've watched enough of it recently to have a valid view) then fine, we all have likes and dislikes.  But to denigrate it because it isn't very skilful is just ignorant bollocks I'm afraid.  I don't like RU or F1 (for example) at all but that's not to say I can't recognise that players and drivers in those sports are enormously skilful.

That Iwan Pyrs Jones try in the sevens, ridiculous footwork. Breathtaking stuff.

37 minutes ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

They've got a chip on their shoulder because, way back in the 1950's, I believe ORLFC were quite good for a short period. After that they felt they were the bigger club and looked down on Latics, so when we had our equally short period but of even greater success they were beside themselves because of it. 

Always wondered mate, thanks  

Archived