Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I tell you what….Curle and Sheridan had a rough ride but signing this lot between them is unforgivable!!!

Collectively, at any one time, that has to be just about the worst set of players I’ve every seen at this football club!!

Which players do you think they actually wanted, or was it down to what the numpty dumpty's who owned the club at the time wanted to sign?

25 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

He's been to talk to, and had an offer from both clubs. Decision with the player now I think.

Hmmm, let me see...Chesterfield, third in league, maybe going up...or Oldham, bottom four and fighting relegation? 

No brainer, really. 

Clifford maybe has a valid point. 

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Hmmm, let me see...Chesterfield, third in league, maybe going up...or Oldham, bottom four and fighting relegation? 

No brainer, really. 

Clifford maybe has a valid point. 

You might be right, but it's not always as simple as that at this level.

400 quid a week extra is much more tempting for a conference player.

Lads, we've paused if not pulled our offer. He wanted to come, deal done. We've got a new way of thinking and halted the move. If he goes to Chesterfield or wherever it's because we've said no. 

Onto the next binman prospect we go.....

24 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

You might be right, but it's not always as simple as that at this level.

400 quid a week extra is much more tempting for a conference player.

A fair few in our squad aren't on £400 a week.

9 hours ago, Clifford said:

At least it's for the right reasons, if only Corney did the same with evans 

as l firmly said at the time, aswell as now; if only Corney had a set of bollocks and went through with what he had started. was bang out of order on so many fronts, but primarily on the lad.

Footballers are knobeads, Frank. if you want a good team then some of them will have been in illegal and/or highly unsavoury situations, they just didnt get caught.

its an admiral stance, but it's naiive and it's cost us for the however manieth time 🙄

Archived