Problems at southend

Feel for them however their fans haven't done enough to stand up against the owners which ultimately has left them unchallenged. 

Their fans were demonstrating outside Roots Hall the day they went down but have not rallied the support base and are still in trouble as a club. 

I may be wrong but I think that Latics have really dodged a bullet with the Lemsagams finally gone, it will take a lot of rebuilding for the club but at least the days of sponsors pulling out appear to be behind us. 

Good luck Southend, hope their fans still have a club and somehow manage to get rid of the rogue owners 

7 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Feel for them however their fans haven't done enough to stand up against the owners which ultimately has left them unchallenged. 

Their fans were demonstrating outside Roots Hall the day they went down but have not rallied the support base and are still in trouble as a club. 

I may be wrong but I think that Latics have really dodged a bullet with the Lemsagams finally gone, it will take a lot of rebuilding for the club but at least the days of sponsors pulling out appear to be behind us. 

Good luck Southend, hope their fans still have a club and somehow manage to get rid of the rogue owners 

They stormed the pitch last season...

It is clear this league is a challenge for clubs dropping out of the EFL- they don't tend to be well run clubs with competent owners when they exit the efl.

There seems to be three outcomes

- continue to fail eventually disappearing

-spend a long time in non league oblivion with the possibility of/ or until

-bounce back as a better organised  club with new ownership

Results so far could point at the first, recent announcements suggest the third option is a possibility

I think there is a long way to go for us yet but I do think we are seeing signs of progress.

I hope there is a good outcome at Southend

Fan Led Review and reform needs to gather some momentum.

Clubs are the heart of their  communities.

Supporter groups need direct line of sight to tap into resources either via FSA or other supporter groups that have gone through or going through this crap. Being a volunteer is hard enough it's even harder when your club's in a mess. It's David v goliath every time.

Post covid, FSA were at one point, monitoring clubs on a traffic light system.

Last time I was involved was our relegation year. There was 12 EFL clubs that potentially could cease to exist under the clubs in crisis banner. We were one of them

I feel for any club's supporters  regardless of the sport, going through this crap.

The work is not done for our supporter groups either. We are 3 months into the Rothwell reign. It would be nice to have an update from them

On 10/2/2022 at 8:40 AM, underdog said:

Fan Led Review and reform needs to gather some momentum.

Clubs are the heart of their  communities.

Supporter groups need direct line of sight to tap into resources either via FSA or other supporter groups that have gone through or going through this crap. Being a volunteer is hard enough it's even harder when your club's in a mess. It's David v goliath every time.

Post covid, FSA were at one point, monitoring clubs on a traffic light system.

Last time I was involved was our relegation year. There was 12 EFL clubs that potentially could cease to exist under the clubs in crisis banner. We were one of them

I feel for any club's supporters  regardless of the sport, going through this crap.

The work is not done for our supporter groups either. We are 3 months into the Rothwell reign. It would be nice to have an update from them

We recently wrote to our MPs about the need for FL, pointing out that even now there were a number of clubs with issues of one kind or another. You could include Everton, Burnley, Birmingham, WBA, Rochdale,  Morecambe, Scunthorpe and Southend just for starters. That's without including the growing number of clubs who are getting into bed with dodgy outfits trying to get us all to invest in blockchain technology of various types. Vigilant stewardship of the game is conspicuous by its absence.

2 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

We recently wrote to our MPs about the need for FL, pointing out that even now there were a number of clubs with issues of one kind or another. You could include Everton, Burnley, Birmingham, WBA, Rochdale,  Morecambe, Scunthorpe and Southend just for starters. That's without including the growing number of clubs who are getting into bed with dodgy outfits trying to get us all to invest in blockchain technology of various types. Vigilant stewardship of the game is conspicuous by its absence.

Great stuff and good to know. Keeping pressure on is paramount

Especially, in a post covid world, the FSA in their opinion believed the are potentially 12 clubs that could cease to exist. That's 12 communities that would be affected 

Archived