BPAS PODCAST: 31st Oct '22, S3:E13: Start Giving Us Extra

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I believe it was settled out of court in order to facilitate the sale but who knows the real truth

Yeah, mad isn’t it.  Between the court case being settled and Frank paying millions, who knows what to believe. 

Maybe Frank is a front for offshore wind company? Stranger things have happened. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, mad isn’t it.  Between the court case being settled and Frank paying millions, who knows what to believe. 

Maybe Frank is a front for offshore wind company? Stranger things have happened. 

The club wouldn't have been sold had the court case still been going on so it wasn't in the interest of either Blitz or AL. Who knows what deal they came to but i wouldn't be surprised if AL had negotiated part of the sale of the ground for himself.

7 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

If the only system that the players feel comfortable playing is 4-4-2 (and their isn't really any evidence to suggest their is) then they shouldn't be at the club or any other club for that matter. It's really not that difficult to play a different system.

The other issue here is that to play 4-4-2 effectively you need to wide players. We can play tolitt from the left who will come in wide right? Stobbs? He's probably the only player who could play that position remotely effectively is he the solution to our problems?

It's seems rather nostalgic that if we start playing 4-4-2 it will suddenly click but I'm not sure it will. Teams up and down the land at every level play different formations certainly alot more so than 20-30 years ago where everyone played 4-4-2. players should be able to adapt its not that difficult. The players need to adapt to the manager if they can't they need to go.

Big JR didn't play 442

5 hours ago, JoeP said:

It's not an obsession, but 4-4-2 is straight-forward, balanced and can be entertaining to watch.

None of the most successful or entertaining teams around play 442. 

Archived