MATCH: FC Halifax Town (H) 04/02/23

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

Conspiracy or true, it makes no difference as other factors such as Latics' abysmal showing had a bigger influence on the result.

Their only goal was the dubious penalty he gave them. Clearer penalties for us not given. He definitely cost us a draw and we should have been a converted penalty away from a win. 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Their only goal was the dubious penalty he gave them. Clearer penalties for us not given. He definitely cost us a draw and we should have been a converted penalty away from a win. 

I agree with the dodgy refereeing but he wasn't the only contributing factor and let's not forget, Nuttall had his first penalty saved in the Dags game, plus, Latics got their own very soft penalty to take the lead. Maybe that helps to even it out.

5 hours ago, Wardie said:

I agree with the dodgy refereeing but he wasn't the only contributing factor and let's not forget, Nuttall had his first penalty saved in the Dags game, plus, Latics got their own very soft penalty to take the lead. Maybe that helps to even it out.

I'm not denying we played badly. I don't think we deserved anything from the game. However, the best team doesn't always win and they weren't good enough to put the ball in our net (unaided). 

The way the players perform is a variable that is always there. The referee making mistakes is another. The referee being biased towards one team is totally unacceptable. 

12 hours ago, Wardie said:

If you look at Nuttals saved penalty the keeper took a stride forward before the ball was kicked enabling the save .for the second penalty he didnt get to do that and we scored .

1 hour ago, peanuts2 said:

If you look at Nuttals saved penalty the keeper took a stride forward before the ball was kicked enabling the save .for the second penalty he didnt get to do that and we scored .

Nuttall took a longer run up for the second penalty and struck the ball much harder too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2023 at 1:37 PM, Magic Mikey said:

I'm not denying we played badly. I don't think we deserved anything from the game. However, the best team doesn't always win and they weren't good enough to put the ball in our net (unaided). 

The way the players perform is a variable that is always there. The referee making mistakes is another. The referee being biased towards one team is totally unacceptable. 

Interesting that this referee has only officiated at one match to date since his joke performance that being a premier league 2 match yesterday.😠 

Archived