MATCH: FC Halifax Town (H) 04/02/23

As someone who has not read any previous comments on this game or been to any games this season due to work commitments or lack of interest.......that was f*cking abysmal.

The lack of interest from the 2 clowns up front to run a line to give the full backs an option was mind blowing....to the lack of footballing ability from the 2 central midfielders.....I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I've watched half a dozen games on the TV this season and I have been mightily disappointed but that today was tragic to watch in the flesh.

He has to go..... there is absolutely nothing in that side that gives me hope going forwards....get an old school b*stard in till the end of the season the re-evaluate.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I don't buy this, there's enough in that squad to be getting results out of. Plenty of experience and promotions at this level. There's no way all but a couple of them are shite. It's the coaching.

They are shite as they are showing week after week. No bravery, bottle, whatever you want to call it. They might improve marginally from better coaching.

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I don't buy this, there's enough in that squad to be getting results out of. Plenty of experience and promotions at this level. There's no way all but a couple of them are shite. It's the coaching.

They are shite as they are showing week after week. No bravery, bottle, whatever you want to call it. They might improve marginally from better coaching.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Weird coincidence that every single player we sign is shite isn't it? Even when they've been great at other clubs? Real mystery

13 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

So keep buying players until it clicks? With each passing game, we're struggling to pull away from a relegation battle. We're not even showing signs that we're a better side than results suggest. He has been backed, he has been given more than enough time and it isn't getting better. 

I agree @AnthonyOAFC.

The formula with DU requires the club to assemble a squad he can work with.

It troubles me that we aren't seeing DU substantialy improve the current squad.

It appears that the board has set a target of avoiding relegation, which I believe DU can achieve, but it maybe only just ...

In my opinion this would not be the correct preparation for next season, which should be a credible attempt at promotion.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Despite that they could have scored 5 only for Norman, while we never looked liked scoring.

Nuttall was as lack lustre as I've ever seen in a striker.

That's just not acceptable big fee or not.

The fells is a fraud, I can't get my head around us paying treble figures for a lump who had no desire in signing for us

3 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

The fells is a fraud, I can't get my head around us paying treble figures for a lump who had no desire in signing for us

Personal highlight was when he sliced the ball into the ball into the RRE from out wide under no pressure...

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

The person who was sworn at should submit an official complaint (providing they were not using foul language themselves). Copy to the league.  
the club would have to respond and it may give them an excuse to sack him. Maybe a genuine excuse is what they are looking for. Something they can explain to big Joe, “We had no option, he had to go”

Don't be soft, the clown is out of his depth but trying to get him sacked for that is pathetic

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Which ones have been great at other clubs?

Rooney has been player of the season for the entire division twice. Hogan was a promotion winning captain. Hartlepool fans were raving about Shelton and he helped them get promoted. Reid scored 20 odd goals when Stockport were promoted. Etc etc 

Wonder what the difference at those clubs was.

Another Saturday home game shambles. Another defeat, another woeful performance. And We are actually getting worse.

Norman probably saved us from losing by 4 or 5 goals with some great saves, meanwhile their keeper spent the whole game leaning on a post smoking a tab.

We keep signing new players, but there is no sign of even a slight improvement.

The crowd today had nothing whatsoever to get excited about, and almost all of us going home feeling like we had our guts ripped out.

Something has to change, BIG decisions have to be made, we cannot go on like this.

Most of the feel good factor after FCFs arrival, has now long gone. None of the new signings have made any real difference,  with todays performance like many that have gone before it abysmally bad. Action is needed quickly.

8 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Rooney has been player of the season for the entire division twice. Hogan was a promotion winning captain. Hartlepool fans were raving about Shelton and he helped them get promoted. Reid scored 20 odd goals when Stockport were promoted. Etc etc 

Wonder what the difference at those clubs was.

You'd imagine a combination of better players and better management.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

OK, but that's the best calibre signing of player we can hope to sign at the moment. Saying we need an entire new squad is mad, any competent manager would get results out of this lot. 

That's not to say I think it's a particularly good squad. But its a mid table squad, easily.

1 hour ago, Mayfield said:

Terrible performance.

I didn't witness the alleged foul language from the manager, which may distract from looking at what went wrong today.

My view was David Unsworth had to show progress in January, which on balance he did.

The stick or twist question is answered by the board, they are backing him.

Honestly I wouldn't have picked a wildly different starting 11.

We started very poorly, which is out of character.

Midfield is a desperate problem, the criticism of Joe Nuttall is not fair in my opinion, he works hard, feeding on scraps.

Pressure is now on the board to sanction more signings, they are backing DU, ok fine, they need to fund more players then, as he seemingly can't do enough with this squad.

The referee was appalling today.

Nutall works hard, we are all entitled to our own opinions but wow

"Nuttall works hard"?? Yep, we're all entitled to our own opinion, but mine doesn't agree with that. For me he's been a massive disappointment since he joined us and it would be nice if he broke sweat occasionally. Scunny fans said he was lazy and his stats looked good cos most of his goals were penalties. I thought it was sour grapes at he time but it's starting to look like they were right. Time will tell I suppose, but time will eventually start to run out. We had games in hand last season & look what happened to them.

46 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We were 14th when Unsy was appointed,with a crap squad.We’ve had investment and the manager/recruitment chap have selected the players we’ve brought in,they’re equally responsible.Have we a top 3 squad no,but we’ve not got a squad that should be anywhere near relegation candidates either which means we’ve a shite manager either way!

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Thought it was Shez fault, now it's the players, make your mind up.

4 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

That’s ok, I just didn’t see anything which got me out of my seat in protest. Let’s get one thing straight, Fondop made it harder for the team by getting himself sent off. You can’t hit anyone off the ball, the linesman gave it and he was absolutely right.  Its all opinions, I thought the ref was ok, we have the players who under a competent management team would see off teams like this. The other thing I’d say is that on Normans penalty save, you could put your mortgage on the fact that they’d snaffle the rebound, they wanted it a million more times than we we did. 

Blame the ref all you want, that’s just papering over the cracks, which are now as deep as the Grand Canyon.

Two things:

1. The referee was atrocious (*). Failed to give two penalties and was conned by them every time they feigned injury. He even let a Halifax player remain on the pitch after he had received treatment.

2. When saving the penalty, Norman pushed the ball back to Dieseruvwe who  was 6 yards nearer the goal than everyone else so favourite to score. Nothing to do with them wanting it more.

That apart, that was, beyond any shadow of a doubt, the most abject performance at home this season.

Kitching, Clarke, Shelton, Tollit, Chapman, Fondop and Nuttall were so off the pace today that it beggared belief.

Unsworth really does not seem to have a clue and should do the decent thing and tender his resignation now.

(*) According to Unsworth in his shambles of a post-match interview, that was the referee’s first ever National League game too 😮

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

The person who was sworn at should submit an official complaint (providing they were not using foul language themselves). Copy to the league.  
the club would have to respond and it may give them an excuse to sack him. Maybe a genuine excuse is what they are looking for. Something they can explain to big Joe, “We had no option, he had to go”

Really?

It's obvious to a blind man with a stick that DU is a very poor manager. They certainly don't need an "excuse" to sack him; we are utter shite!

In my eyes, the board are starting to lose credibility. You don't continually back a loser.

They made their own luck as they wanted it more in every department.

I didn’t see anything which was a stoner. We are abysmal and fans are clutching at straws if they think the ref was terrible. I think he got most decisions correct but that’s just my vYes

Yes your view not mine or many on here.We played shocking like the refs performance 

40 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

We were 14th when Unsy was appointed,with a crap squad.We’ve had investment and the manager/recruitment chap have selected the players we’ve brought in,they’re equally responsible.Have we a top 3 squad no,but we’ve not got a squad that should be anywhere near relegation candidates either which means we’ve a shite manager either way!

Tables aren't properly formed in September so with the greatest respect it is pointless for anyone to keep harking back to it.

On 2/3/2023 at 8:28 AM, Lee Sinnott said:

I keep an eye on Halifax and have seen them at close quarters on a few occasions this season. They are utterly, utterly shite and have 4 or 5 key players missing. If we don't win against these, Unsworth should be locked in the toilets of the Players Lounge and never allowed out...

😂😂😂

Archived