MATCH: FC Halifax Town (H) 04/02/23

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It would help if players with passion were chosen, some of these don't put the effort in yet are fixtures in the team. That favouritsm is one is the reasons performances are so poor. For example not to to start Abraham who does put a shift in is unbelievable.

Rooney also tries to make things happen and would make a difference if played in his correct position.

I expect to see the usual suspects start again against Dagenham which is really depressing.

Not that depressing as I'm probably going to give it a swerve given how we are playing.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

To be fair he has zero cover down that side  left with no option other than lumping it at times. He was poor yesterday could tell from his face after a pass he misplaced he knew he wasn't great. The way we set up doesn't help him either. Tollit and Kitching play well together down the left so leave them there. At the minute I'd rather have Stobbs on the right than Chapman

I'm referring to his ability to play as a wingback as he's even worse playing wingback than he is playing fullback. 

Did I just hear that right….Unsworth doesn’t think the condition of our pitch helps us?

Fuck me…I’ve heard some shite in my time but what absolute bollocks!!!

Does he mean like it doesn’t allow us to play our normal fluent passing game!😂😂😂

They passed us to death like every other team in this league have done and we were out thought, out fought, and outplayed!

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Did I just hear that right….Unsworth doesn’t think the condition our pitch doesn’t help us?

Fuck me…I’ve heard some shite in my time but what absolute bollocks!!!

Does he mean like it doesn’t allow us to play our normal fluent passing game!😂😂😂

You heard right, fucking clown isn't he.

Let's be honest there is nothing else to blame his incompetence on.

21 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Just listened to his interview. I must have the bit where we ‘threw caution to the wind!’

TBF the last 5 minutes we had a back 3 of Yarney, Shelton and Sheron with Nuttall, Abraham, Reid and Hogan all up front. Bearing in mind we only had 10 men, that is almost the football definition of throwing caution to the wind.

25 minutes ago, daniel said:

Not the reason we lost, but we’ve complained to the FA about the choice of ref for the Halifax game. Can’t say i’m too surprised. Nothing will come of it i’m pretty certain. 

We should be like Fergie and tell them who we do and don't want !  

There's no smoke without fire and if this clown of a ref was actually touting a Latics loss before he refereed the game...deleted tweets arouse suspicion...then it brings the situation into question. Of course, any 'professional' would not allow personal bias to interfere or influence decisions but let's face it, this guy was no professional.

Nothing will come of this, obviously.

It was blatant cheating from the ref.  The booking for Timmy baffled me as their lad fouled him and it was also a 2 footed challenge from their guy.  I just hope we don't end up with him doing any more of our games as its hard enough without crap refs. 

• Matt unfeatured this topic
12 hours ago, Andyt84 said:

It was blatant cheating from the ref.  The booking for Timmy baffled me as their lad fouled him and it was also a 2 footed challenge from their guy.  I just hope we don't end up with him doing any more of our games as its hard enough without crap refs. 

If there was an assessor in the stand he should be back to the Rochdale Sunday School League this weekend, running the line!!

10 hours ago, Steve_R said:

The ref was just shit. Nobody hates us that much to make sure we lose against Halifax.

the players and management did that for him anyway.

I don't recall any of his shit decisions benefiting Latics but plenty going against us. 

5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

An even bigger conspiracy if you take in to account a soccer school he attends...

Would have thought he would be being watched if that was his first game at this level.Certainly he wants disciplinary  action if proven.

Even so Halifax should have been 3 up by half time 

22 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Some of the stories going around about him telling pupils at his school that Oldham were going to lose were hilarious, people will believe any old shite. He just wasn't cut out for the occasion 

Conspiracy or true, it makes no difference as other factors such as Latics' abysmal showing had a bigger influence on the result.

4 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Conspiracy or true, it makes no difference as other factors such as Latics' abysmal showing had a bigger influence on the result.

Don't think anyone's blaming the result on his abysmal display but he really shouldn't be officiating anywhere near even this lowly level.

I think the fact he missed Fondop's foul on the full back probably made him more nervous and accentuated his poor officiating. 

Archived