MATCH: FC Halifax Town (H) 04/02/23

8 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

Did you see the pens for us  ....Every decision seemed to go there way 

They made their own luck as they wanted it more in every department.

I didn’t see anything which was a stoner. We are abysmal and fans are clutching at straws if they think the ref was terrible. I think he got most decisions correct but that’s just my view.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Andyt84 said:

2 definite pens for us.  The one on Timmy was a joke.  He was through so why would he go down if the guy hasn't touched him.  The other the guy almost took Nuttalls shirt off and the ref gave a free kick to them.  We played terrible but everytime we got anywhere near the box he gave a free kick to them.  

Despite that they could have scored 5 only for Norman, while we never looked liked scoring.

Nuttall was as lack lustre as I've ever seen in a striker.

That's just not acceptable big fee or not.

Just now, Lukers1 said:

I didn’t see anything which was a stoner. We are abysmal and fans are clutching at straws if they think the ref was terrible. I think he got most decisions correct but that’s just my view.

Were you there? That refereeing performance wasn't only abject it was very much bad in one direction. Two handed push on Abraham, do you think he got that one right? 

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

Two words. Referee, cunt. 

People on Twitter stating the ref is a Rochdale fan, surely that can’t be allowed if true? Even if your trying not to be biased there is a chance that subconsciously it would happen. 

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Despite they could have scored 5 only for Norman, while we never looked liked scoring.

That's just not acceptable.

Spot on about Nuttall. How the hell did he not get subbed. Zero contribution today. 

2 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Spot on about Nuttall. How the hell did he not get subbed. Zero contribution today. 

I said at half time Nuttall is terrible.  He can't head a ball which is a major issue for a big forward.  He did look a bit better when Timmy came on and I would be inclined to play him with Timmy or Reid but they need proper balls in from out wide. 

13 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Then you’re blind. He was shockingly bad. The free kick for the non-pen and the free kick the other way when Timmy danced past the defender are bewildering decisions.

People aren’t making excuses… yes, we were as bad we’ve ever been, but that ref was incredibly poor. Both can be true you know. 

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Despite they could have scored 5 only for Norman, while we never looked liked scoring.

He's losing heart, our front two are so isolated it's not true, gap between midfield is unbelievable, Shreon and Shelton sitting in and then that leaves you with the two wet wipes to try and create something, 9/10 we just hoof the ball back to them, Jordan Clarke continues to get managers the sack he's fucking awful and I'd be playing a traffic cone in front of him.

We just don't have any fluidity, no runners from midfield to support the front two, it's difficult to know where to start and it looks like the players don't even want to play for the manager.

Just now, kowenicki said:

Then you’re blind. He was shockingly bad. The free kick for the non-pen and the free kick the other way when Timmy danced past the defender are bewildering decisions.

Yes the Timmy one to give them a free kick was very strange as he hadn't impeded anyone, he couldn't wait to give that penalty whether it was one or not.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Yes the Timmy one to give them a free kick was very strange as he hadn't impeded anyone, he couldn't wait to give that penalty whether it was one or not.

I said that when he gave their penalty and I wouldn't have been surprised if Norman had held it if he would have ordered a retake. 

The ref was absolutely atrocious. However, did we keep the ball long enough to invite any fouls? It felt like all game we just lumped it forward. We have no midfield when we're in possession and no midfield when we're not. They can just walk right through. It happens every week. I can't take much more of this shit that clearly comes from Unsworth. We're in a relegation scrap, yet again! 

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He's losing heart, our front two are so isolated it's not true, gap between midfield is unbelievable, Shreon and Shelton sitting in and then that leaves you with the two wet wipes to try and create something, 9/10 we just hoof the ball back to them, Jordan Clarke continues to get managers the sack he's fucking awful and I'd be playing a traffic cone in front of him.

We just don't have any fluidity, no runners from midfield to support the front two, it's difficult to know where to start and it looks like the players don't even want to play for the manager.

Spot on, I was all for giving him time but today was as bad as I've ever seen. The worse thing is that you can clearly see what the problems and possible solutions are but our management team can't.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

That’s ok, I just didn’t see anything which got me out of my seat in protest. Let’s get one thing straight, Fondop made it harder for the team by getting himself sent off. You can’t hit anyone off the ball, the linesman gave it and he was absolutely right.  Its all opinions, I thought the ref was ok, we have the players who under a competent management team would see off teams like this. The other thing I’d say is that on Normans penalty save, you could put your mortgage on the fact that they’d snaffle the rebound, they wanted it a million more times than we we did. 

Blame the ref all you want, that’s just papering over the cracks, which are now as deep as the Grand Canyon.

1 minute ago, Lukers1 said:

That’s ok, I just didn’t see anything which got me out of my seat in protest. Let’s get one thing straight, Fondop made it harder for the team by getting himself sent off. You can’t hit anyone off the ball, the linesman gave it and he was absolutely right.  Its all opinions, I thought the ref was ok, we have the players who under a competent management team would see off teams like this. The other thing I’d say is that on Normans penalty save, you could put your mortgage on the fact that they’d snaffle the rebound, they wanted it a million more times than we we did. 

Blame the ref all you want, that’s just papering over the cracks, which are now as deep as the Grand Canyon.

To be fair nobody is blaming the ref but there's no denying that was one of the worst refereeing performances I've witnessed at BP, he was blatantly cheating at times.

2 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

You’re not listening. I’m not blaming the ref. We were terrible. The two major decisions I am referring to happened very close to where I sit. Every single person was up in arms. The ref was dogshit, as were Latics. 

7 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

We have no midfield when we're in possession and no midfield when we're not. They can just walk right through. It happens every week.

I absolutely hate how we retreat to the edge of the box when the opposition have the ball.

Just now, BP1960 said:

The body language of some of the players was terrible. Nuttall and Chapman in particular didn't look as though they wanted to be there.

Wouldn't be having that in any side.

Chapman should be sent back he's done fuck all to warrant a regular start. Thought Nuttall did more than Fondop.

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

I couldn’t go or watch on TV today- sounds like I dodged a bullet. 

Just for reference- was it a Notts county away performance or worse? 

I didn't go against Notts, but we didn't have one clear cut opportunity. No shots on target. Absolutely disgraceful. This bloke is worse than Penney. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

I couldn’t go or watch on TV today- sounds like I dodged a bullet. 

Just for reference- was it a Notts county away performance or worse? 

I was in the same boat, 25 degrees in the sun. Was it a Gateshead performance? Unfortunately I am back for Tuesdays game. 

Archived