MATCH: FC Halifax Town (H) 04/02/23

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a horrible afternoon that was.

The referee was the worst I have ever seen. It felt like it was bordering on cheating at times. 

But that’s not why we lost. Unsworth’s time should have been up a while ago. There can be no excuses now. It’s a shambles given the squad we’ve got and I think we’re in genuine trouble with Gateshead seemingly finding form.

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Unsworth told a fan who pointed out we didn’t have a single shot on target to “fuck off” apparently 

id have been arrested if it had been me, the guy is David Dunne on speed 

Just replied on the Unsworth thread chaddy, doesn’t surprise me in the least.

In his mind, he’s doing us favour. . . . which is exactly how David Dunn came across as well. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Just replied on the Unsworth thread chaddy, doesn’t surprise me in the least.

In his mind, he’s doing us favour. . . . which is exactly how David Dunn came across as well. 

and Dunn had no where near the resource or backing this clown has 

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Unsworth told a fan who pointed out we didn’t have a single shot on target to “fuck off” apparently 

id have been arrested if it had been me, the guy is David Dunne on speed 

The person who was sworn at should submit an official complaint (providing they were not using foul language themselves). Copy to the league.  
the club would have to respond and it may give them an excuse to sack him. Maybe a genuine excuse is what they are looking for. Something they can explain to big Joe, “We had no option, he had to go”

Can blame the ref all we want but we lose that game with Pierluigi Collina officiating. Back to players looking like they've barely even met each other, never mind been coached. Not a single shot on target, and I hate to think what the pass completion rate was

That should've been a routine win to set up 4 winnable home games on the bounce. Not with this clown in charge.

The players deserve stick too. An absolute shambles. Norman the only one to come out with any credit. I don't even want to single anyone out, they were all horrific 

Just now, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Can blame the ref all we want but we lose that game with Pierluigi Collina officiating. Back to players looking like they've barely even met each other, never mind been coached. Not a single shot on target, and I hate to think what the pass completion rate was

That should've been a routine win to set up 4 winnable home games on the bounce. Not with this clown in charge.

The players deserve stick too. An absolute shambles. Norman the only one to come out with any credit. I don't even want to single anyone out, they were all horrific 

Yes we agree with you! but the ref was terrible, or are you arguing he was good.?

6 minutes ago, Pidge said:

The person who was sworn at should submit an official complaint (providing they were not using foul language themselves). Copy to the league.  
the club would have to respond and it may give them an excuse to sack him. Maybe a genuine excuse is what they are looking for. Something they can explain to big Joe, “We had no option, he had to go”

Spot on Pidge. 

If it’s not personal abuse, then it’s completely unacceptable from Unsworth. 

38 minutes ago, south east latic said:

What a horrible afternoon that was.

The referee was the worst I have ever seen. It felt like it was bordering on cheating at times. 

But that’s not why we lost. Unsworth’s time should have been up a while ago. There can be no excuses now. It’s a shambles given the squad we’ve got and I think we’re in genuine trouble with Gateshead seemingly finding form.

I said Unsworth  would have gone ages ago especially  after travelling to the likes of Southend Bromley and Woking.

Even the games we have won have not been convincing bar Dorking.Just wish we had someone with their managers passion for his club and fans.Instead we have someone  with arrogance, inability  to improve players  and with all the funding Frank has kindly given him is totally inept.

Many managers would love a ground like ours,the support we have home and awsy  and the funding given. 

Terrible performance.

I didn't witness the alleged foul language from the manager, which may distract from looking at what went wrong today.

My view was David Unsworth had to show progress in January, which on balance he did.

The stick or twist question is answered by the board, they are backing him.

Honestly I wouldn't have picked a wildly different starting 11.

We started very poorly, which is out of character.

Midfield is a desperate problem, the criticism of Joe Nuttall is not fair in my opinion, he works hard, feeding on scraps.

Pressure is now on the board to sanction more signings, they are backing DU, ok fine, they need to fund more players then, as he seemingly can't do enough with this squad.

The referee was appalling today.

I’m well into the Unsworth out brigade now, I just cannot support the guy any longer.

Halifax have been on a terrible run yet we didn’t manage a single shot on target in 90 minutes at home in front of 7000+

Absolutely inexcusable!!!

7 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Terrible performance.

I didn't witness the alleged foul language from the manager, which may distract from looking at what went wrong today.

My view was David Unsworth had to show progress in January, which on balance he did.

The stick or twist question is answered by the board, they are backing him.

Honestly I wouldn't have picked a wildly different starting 11.

We started very poorly, which is out of character.

Midfield is a desperate problem, the criticism of Joe Nuttall is not fair in my opinion, he works hard, feeding on scraps.

Pressure is now on the board to sanction more signings, they are backing DU, ok fine, they need to fund more players then, as he seemingly can't do enough with this squad.

The referee was appalling today.

So keep buying players until it clicks? With each passing game, we're struggling to pull away from a relegation battle. We're not even showing signs that we're a better side than results suggest. He has been backed, he has been given more than enough time and it isn't getting better. 

I think we could have Wrexham’s squad and we would struggle. A lot of seasoned footballers in the squad who don’t seem comfortable with the ball. I don’t know what the coaching methods are but they certainly don’t encourage confidence in holding the ball and moving it around. Gathering in the final third when the opposition get the ball rather than going and getting it speaks of a siege mentality which is low in confidence 

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Bar one or two it is a squad of complete frauds, need to rip it up and start again.

I don't buy this, there's enough in that squad to be getting results out of. Plenty of experience and promotions at this level. There's no way all but a couple of them are shite. It's the coaching.

Just now, True Tic said:

I think we could have Wrexham’s squad and we would struggle. A lot of seasoned footballers in the squad who don’t seem comfortable with the ball. I don’t know what the coaching methods are but they certainly don’t encourage confidence in holding the ball and moving it around. Gathering in the final third when the opposition get the ball rather than going and getting it speaks of a siege mentality which is low in confidence 

Exactly this. When we do get it in midfield, we just seem to try a pass that isn't on and then give the ball away. Our midfield is non existent on the offensive and on the defensive. It has been the same for most home matches this season (I don't go to away games). The opposition seem to stroll into our half and we continue to back off until they reach our box. 

We can't keep the ball. We can't knock it around comfortably. It's just horrific. 

Archived