MATCH: FC Halifax Town (H) 04/02/23

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep an eye on Halifax and have seen them at close quarters on a few occasions this season. They are utterly, utterly shite and have 4 or 5 key players missing. If we don't win against these, Unsworth should be locked in the toilets of the Players Lounge and never allowed out...

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I keep an eye on Halifax and have seen them at close quarters on a few occasions this season. They are utterly, utterly shite and have 4 or 5 key players missing. If we don't win against these, Unsworth should be locked in the toilets of the Players Lounge and never allowed out...

Notts C just about scraped past them at home last week.  Certainly won’t be easy. Would snap your hand off for a one nil win now. 

16 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Notts C just about scraped past them at home last week.  Certainly won’t be easy. Would snap your hand off for a one nil win now. 

They certainly didn't just about scrape past them. It finished 1-0 but Halifax didn't have a shot on goal and barely made it into the Notts half...

20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

First of 4 very winnable home games we won't win all 4 football doesn't work like that. I'd take 8 points from those 4 if someone offered it me now anything above that would be a bonus.

They're more than winnable. They're a piece of piss...

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Of course we won’t win all four…but if we did 🍻

Oh it would be great if we did

But if it were to happen then I expect the people who will get overly hysterical if we lose one of them to get overly hysterical and start talking about the play offs.

18 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

But if it were to happen then I expect the people who will get overly hysterical if we lose one of them to get overly hysterical and start talking about the play offs.

If we won all four then it would be automatic promotion no less 👍

20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

That said, it wouldn't be hysterical would it.

38 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

That said, it wouldn't be hysterical would it.

Well I'm reminded of last year when it was hinted at when Sheridan came in and gave us that shot in the arm to lift us out of the relegation zone and it was mention at we all know how that turned out. Plus I've seen it happen on numerous occasions when we've been in and around the bottom had abit of a purple patch the play offs is talked about only for the form to fall off a cliff. 

If ofcourse we win 10 on the bounce then buy me a ticket and I will get on board that bandwagon.

From recollection the last league home meeting of the two sides was early in 1974. It was part of the run of 10 wins, I think, that took us to the Third division title. We made hard work of a 3-2 victory and the crowd was swelled by the distribution of tokens to purchase tickets for the FA cup tie vs Burnley, then a leading first Division team, the week after.

That game was all over after 5 minutes. Leighton James skinned Ian Wood twice and provided perfect crosses. We lost 4-1.

Prior to the game the Chaddy End invited the massed Burnley fans in the Rochdale Road End to ' Come and Have a Go if You Think You're Hard Enough.'

In short, they did and came straight across the pitch in their hundreds. The Chaddy End was vacated very quickly.

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Norman

Varney

P Clarke 

Hogan

Kitching

Abraham

Sheron

Shelton

Tollit 

Big Mikey. 

Nuttall. 

But he won’t start Abraham. 😩

42 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Reckon Rooney will play in place of Tollitt...

Rooney and Chapman instead of Tollitt & Abraham

35 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Last few times I've seen Tollit he looks like he's been carrying a knock might be a good time for him to take abit of a timeout and Rooney has looked alright when I've seen him recently.

Yes his work ethic has been very good and looked a threat behind the front 2.

It's fitting in Abraham which is a problem as I like him.

28 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Rooney and Chapman instead of Tollitt & Abraham

If you’re playing chapman in centre mid then you can make a case, but he’s played wide right/wing recently, and I’d prefer Abraham there for his pace and ability to go past a man. 

Same with Rooney- if he comes in, is he playing wide left where Tolitt does? If so not for me. He has to play centre mid. But then Sheron or Shelton don’t play. 

Archived