Other OAFC supporter groups. News to share

Dear all

Unsure if these have been posted on here or not.

There are some new OAFC supporter groups to add to our growing family.

All are new in their infancy but I thought I would help spread the word

OADID- is for disabled/less abled supporters

OAFC veterans- is for serving/ex serving personnel and families

Her game too- representation

links can be found on facebook and twitter in the main

OASF & Athletico's are still going as well

cheers

Edited by underdog
missed Athletico's & multiple links
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Matt featured and pinned this topic

morning all.

Thanks to @Matt for pinning this post.

Just an update with OAFC Veterans. Garry completed his sponsored 10k last night. Thanks to all who have supported him. photos

I know they have a table/area in the JR fans bar pre match so go over and say hello.

OADID- for less abled/disabled fans. My personal thanks to Aaron Diskin who volunteers for this group. I asked him to ask the club for some dedicated blue badge spaces on JR carpark, and he has sorted it. Thanks to club for listening too.

Hergametoo- not much to report here. But I know the 4 ladies will be working hard pre-season, whilst keeping an eye on the women's world cup

OASF- held their AGM last night online. 

Atheleticos are working on a range if goods/attire with club to go in revamped clubshop

thanks all

Edited by underdog
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is the trust still active ? What is the contingency fund at? Bit worried we’re dormant like before? What would happen if Frank the plug? Obvs that not tomorrow, but Barry was accused of not planning for the future. Feels a little like we are riding a wave that could crash without any plan.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Is the trust still active ? What is the contingency fund at? Bit worried we’re dormant like before? What would happen if Frank the plug? Obvs that not tomorrow, but Barry was accused of not planning for the future. Feels a little like we are riding a wave that could crash without any plan.

The contingency fund never has or would be enough to do anything other than pay about 1 week of James Norwood's wage 

On 9/8/2023 at 9:31 PM, latics22 said:

I believe the 1895 stuff is still going.

I see the weekly lottery draw on Sundays

But I don't think the totaliser has moved since last October. Its been stuck at £78k since then.

I have asked several times for the meeting notes too. As nothing been published since last August I think

Edited by underdog
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, underdog said:

I believe the 1895 stuff is still going.

I see the weekly lottery draw on Sundays

But I don't think the totaliser has moved since last October. Its been stuck at £78k since then.

I have asked several times for the meeting notes too. As nothing been published since last August I think

Maybe you need to get back involved? 

On 9/12/2023 at 9:17 PM, latics22 said:

Maybe you need to get back involved? 

never say never. haha

But I am busy at the moment with volunteering with OAFC Veterans and StadiumParc32

Veterans have recently become un-incorporated group and gained FSA associate membership.

great to see a good mix of supporter groups out there. Something for everyone

Edited by underdog
  • Like 1

• underdog changed the title to OAFC supporter groups out there
  • 4 weeks later...

OAFC veterans are reaching out to any veterans, currently serving MOD and blue light staff who might be interested in:

1) attending a match a BP

2) Want to be involved in the 11th November pre-match remberance match

Please help spread the word and Contact the team via twitter or Facebook

thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • underdog changed the title to Other OAFC supporter groups. News to share

OAFC veterans launch Easyfundraising online shopping app.

Over 3,000 retailers online. From food, insurance, holidays, hotels etc. Even florists, so if you have kicked the proverbial dog after the latest latics result and need to send some flowers...well.

You just use the app, select OAFC veterans group as your nominated cause and then when you use the app to shop online, the retailer pays a contribution for you.

Funds raised will help go towards funding initiatives for ALL ages in our communities.

For more info, click here.

Thank you

Edited by underdog

• 2 weeks later...