Half way point....

12 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

*IF* (and it's a big *IF*) we got to Wembley, how many do you think we would take? 20k?

Think it would be about that. Similar numbers to what Tranmere took when they were in the NL playoffs and what Stockport / Carlisle took last season.

Won't be the 35k+ "last one out of town turn the lights off" style that we had in 90.

• 2 months later...
On 12/18/2023 at 4:44 PM, GKing521 said:

This team, at present, just do not have the mental resolve to stage a successful play-off campaign. They crumbled at BP to *Ebbsfleet United*  after the home faithful started to get agitated.

We would no doubt lose the game at BP before ever making it to Wembley.

Mellon looks to be the right man to finally achieve something at this football club in the 21st century.

Finish strongly and aim for the title next year methinks. 

😮‍💨

On 12/18/2023 at 4:32 PM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Quite right and, I think we're showing a small germination of signs in how to handle ourselves in this division. We're suffering a lot of Jekyll and Hyde performances and we're in a bit of flux regarding having the right personalities and attitudes to become a leading team in this division. It's no surprise to me that the current top seven (aside from Gateshead at three seasons) are all teams that have had between 6 and 10 years at this level. They're shrewd, battle-hardened outfits and know precisely what's required. We've still some way to go to match that mental toughness and, if I'm honest, don't expect us to achieve promotion this season unless we pull off some remarkable signings that bed-in almost instantly.

Can't really argue with how I saw it in December. We're not battle hardened enough and mentally weak.

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Can't really argue with how I saw it in December. We're not battle hardened enough and mentally weak.

Yes you were right, the January transfer market should have made a difference, alas not.

Maybe if Josh Stones had remained fit another we might have gained another 9 points or so?

One player can make a difference and I hope next season more dynamic young players like him can be signed instead of too many old, weary or injured players.