Half way point....

10 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Me neither but I will because they are my team 👍

Same here but beneath the tripe he posts there is a point and that is that others will feel the same, we know we have about 3000 or 4000 diehards and we don't want to go back to that again, more than ever the club needs our money, if only to clear up the mess created by Darren and David. 

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Same here but beneath the tripe he posts there is a point and that is that others will feel the same, we know we have about 3000 or 4000 diehards and we don't want to go back to that again, more than ever the club needs our money, if only to clear up the mess created by Darren and David. 

Agreed. There were 6,500 there on Saturday and the team played very poorly. 

How long before some start to drift away? 

19 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Agreed. There were 6,500 there on Saturday and the team played very poorly. 

How long before some start to drift away? 

Not saying it’ll never happen, but people have been asking that question for over a year and it hasn’t happened yet.

5 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Not saying it’ll never happen, but people have been asking that question for over a year and it hasn’t happened yet.

If the team keeps winning away from home the hope and possibility of a home win is reinforced. Start losing away and home, then it may happen.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 5:11 PM, kowenicki said:

Only thing I can think is…

If only we hadn’t given away 10 or 12 points by “showing patience” with our most inept manager ever. 

why? it isnt going to keep us out of the play offs and this isnt a win the league squad.

they showed loyalty and a bit of patience and eventually were ruthless enough to pull the trigger.

l hope he is ok. seemed an emotional chap to me, hope the club looked after him and stayed in touch.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

So. . . 

Is 3rd realistic? 👀

I think 2nd is realistic if we can maintain this. Obviously points on the board are the main thing but we have 2 games in hand on Bromley and play them at home. Lots of if’s and but’s but if we do win those 3 it takes us 4 points from them. We have a lot of winnable games coming up which could potentially put us right up there, and then we have some crucial games nearer the end of the season which will be massive. I fancy we’ll have 2 10k home crowds in the coming months too which would be great to see! 

Not getting too carried away yet though…. This is latics remember.

3 minutes ago, daniel said:

I think 2nd is realistic if we can maintain this. Obviously points on the board are the main thing but we have 2 games in hand on Bromley and play them at home. Lots of if’s and but’s but if we do win those 3 it takes us 4 points from them. We have a lot of winnable games coming up which could potentially put us right up there, and then we have some crucial games nearer the end of the season which will be massive. I fancy we’ll have 2 10k home crowds in the coming months too which would be great to see! 

Yeah, berry possible if this form is maintained or close to it. I only said third because there’s no material difference between that and second. Both are one game then Wemberly. 

1 minute ago, Handsy said:

With the games we have  compared to Barnet and Bromley in February I can see the gap being around 3pts  by the  end of the month 

Do Barnet & Bromley still have to play each other?

54 minutes ago, daniel said:

And you know what we do with winnable games 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, parigby said:

And you know what we do with winnable games 

Exactly why I said this is Latics we are talking about, and not getting carried away. Something does feel different this time in that it feels we have a proper manager who knows what he’s doing, so heres hoping we’ve turned that corner. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, daniel said:

Exactly why I said this is Latics we are talking about, and not getting carried away. Something does feel different this time in that it feels we have a proper manager who knows what he’s doing, so heres hoping we’ve turned that corner. 

Said to my mate at the game last night that it feels like MM could be here for a few years. First manager for as long as I can remember that I have genuinely felt that. He’s a great fit for the club. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l didnt quite catch the crowd but it sounded like it was pretty close to my wildly optimistic predictions. gona have to start upping them now. buzzin.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l didnt quite catch the crowd but it sounded like it was pretty close to my wildly optimistic predictions. gona have to start upping them now. buzzin.

5880 with 64 from Barnet.

I really hope we can break 7000 on Saturday, after once again dipping their hands in their pockets the Rothwells deserve any support that they can get and I hope the Oldham public and floating fans respond.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

5880 with 64 from Barnet.

I really hope we can break 7000 on Saturday, after once again dipping their hands in their pockets the Rothwells deserve any support that they can get and I hope the Oldham public and floating fans respond.

nearly hitting six for a tues where we won means we are wins away from pushing through eight. as Matt pointed out ont pod the hospitality is sold out all season now.