Half way point....

2 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

Yep, looks generous given only 10 or so NL teams left in the comp, although most drew lower level oppo in the next round,

It's about right in odds considering we've to win five more matches to lift the trophy. Pick any five national League teams on your coupon to win this weekend and you'd get odds between 12/1 and 15/1.

You'd probably get slightly better odds betting on each match and then rolling the winnings to the next one TBF.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It's about right in odds considering we've to win five more matches to lift the trophy. Pick any five national League teams on your coupon to win this weekend and you'd get odds between 12/1 and 15/1.

You'd probably get slightly better odds betting on each match and then rolling the winnings to the next one TBF.

I was thinking in terms of golf and tennis tournaments but realise I'm comparing apples and pears. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Giant cash bonanza. 

Has anyone on here ever won?

Does anybody know anyone who has ever won?

Do the winners even exist?

Why haven't I won yet?

Is Frank using my weekly sub. to fund his row?

Answers on a postcard please.Oh and merry Christmas to you all.

I've won a tenner twice.

4 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Giant cash bonanza. 

Has anyone on here ever won?

Does anybody know anyone who has ever won?

Do the winners even exist?

Why haven't I won yet?

Is Frank using my weekly sub. to fund his row?

Answers on a postcard please.Oh and merry Christmas to you all.

hi Barry/Pete/Mike 

On 12/18/2023 at 4:59 PM, whittles left foot said:

Usual display of pessimism-you really cannot help it can you?

Just cold hard facts. We’re getting schooled by the mighty footballing institution that is Gateshead at home.

They don’t have it in them. I don’t see much point in attending many more fixtures for this season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Just cold hard facts. We’re getting schooled by the mighty footballing institution that is Gateshead at home.

They don’t have it in them. I don’t see much point in attending many more fixtures for this season.

Have to agree after watching that. Why the fuck did Sheron sit in rather than press. Shite. 
Sutton needs dropping as a RWB. We need a CM. 

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Have to agree after watching that. Why the fuck did Sheron sit in rather than press. Shite. 
Sutton needs dropping as a RWB. We need a CM. 

I just think mentally and psychologically we’re fucked as a club.

Fans groan at not being full throttle against bin men up and down the land, fine.. but these are just average division 5 lads. They panic, shit themselves and fuck up. 

Bring in another player from other amateur institutions such as Altrincham or Gateshead, they too will crumble.

They’re not mentally fit to do it at Boundary Park. They can’t do it at Boundary Park. 

2 hours ago, GKing521 said:

I just think mentally and psychologically we’re fucked as a club.

Fans groan at not being full throttle against bin men up and down the land, fine.. but these are just average division 5 lads. They panic, shit themselves and fuck up. 

Bring in another player from other amateur institutions such as Altrincham or Gateshead, they too will crumble.

They’re not mentally fit to do it at Boundary Park. They can’t do it at Boundary Park. 

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

EDIT -

Not worth arguing with room temperature IQ individuals.

Poster I am dealing with would applaud North Korea for streamlining politics.

Edited by GKing521

On 12/23/2023 at 4:44 PM, GKing521 said:

Oh, I don't know. I'm sure we'd all miss your insightful and balanced analysis after the game...