2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

You know what? You’re all actually right! I have probably got a bit carried away with the last few years but on the other hand I’m fascinated by the business and human side of football and think the club could do a lot more to push away games…which are the only games I go to for the most part!

Why, we don't make any money from it? Although I think if the coach is full we might a small profit there. 

We've sold the tickets for 4 away games this season and I think the max will be only be at most 7 depending on making the playoffs and who we get.

We didn't do a good job with one of those games. Heck for some of the away games we didn't sell tickets for the opposition sold a lot of tickets before we had announced them being available.

14 hours ago, JoeP said:

Think you've answered your own question there as to why some won't bother...

Plus Halifax on Tuesday and a few aways down South relatively recently.

Us taking a lot away is a relatively new phenomena.  We'd be lucky to make 3 figures at some games in the the South in the '90s.  245's alright...

Few will be saving up for the inevitable long distance away trips in the playoffs too...

You can pay on the day, for an extra £2.

I've no doubt there will be 500+ there....I'm taking my son and a couple of his mates.

Since getting battered at Bromley on September 16th we have lost once away in the league in nearly 6 months, and that was the nightmare at Fylde!

We have Won 9 Drawn 3 and lost 1 since then, which is as good I guess as anyone. Yes we have muddled our way through a few but have usually found a way.

I'm confident we will find a way on Saturday. 

2-1 win for me.

• Like 1

I was looking at the pubs near Aldershot’s ground - The Royal Staff, The La Fontaine and The Beehive have all closed down 😮

The Crimea is probably the nearest to the away end (up the hill and through the park) 👍

15 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

You know what? You’re all actually right! I have probably got a bit carried away with the last few years but on the other hand I’m fascinated by the business and human side of football and think the club could do a lot more to push away games…which are the only games I go to for the most part!

Well, the human side of football is that we've all got to fork out for what is a bloody expensive hobby. Subsidised travel and ticket price restrictions would go a long way to beefing up attendances, especially given the absurd sums of money swilling around the game, but the working class has long ceased to be considered in football governance.

The hard reality is that a lot of us cannot afford it or at the very least have to pick and choose the games, although I appreciate the general point that this is a game against a Play-off rival and they usually have a buzz around them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I was looking at the pubs near Aldershot’s ground - The Royal Staff, The La Fontaine and The Beehive have all closed down 😮

The Crimea is probably the nearest to the away end (up the hill and through the park) 👍

With pub names like that you can tell Aldershot is a military town