Huge game this, regardless of Tuesday’ result.

I hope we take decent numbers but for some reason the club isn’t creating the buzz around away games (I suppose there is no direct revenue) 

So come on, last push for the playoffs, get yourself down to Aldershot, it’s actually one of the best away ends and atmospheres in the NL, proper covered terrace and home support. Ground is right in the town centre, minutes walk from the station and pubs

• Like 1

I’m going with three others - one or two of the pubs near the ground have closed down but the ground is fairly close to the town centre so there are many more 😮

The away section of the ‘barrel roofed stand’ allows for a decent atmosphere too.

Even bigger game now as we could slip out of the playoffs. Honestly with the lack of interest and lack of buzz from the club you’d think it was a mid table match. I don’t get it tbh. We should be looking at 1,000 for this but guess it will be the usual 450 or so. I think Mellon ball is starting to affect the enthusiasm for what is currently our first proper playoff chase for many, many years

9 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Even bigger game now as we could slip out of the playoffs. Honestly with the lack of interest and lack of buzz from the club you’d think it was a mid table match. I don’t get it tbh. We should be looking at 1,000 for this but guess it will be the usual 450 or so. I think Mellon ball is starting to affect the enthusiasm for what is currently our first proper playoff chase for many, many years

It would be weird for the club to make a fuss of the game before we played the midweek game...

11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It would be weird for the club to make a fuss of the game before we played the midweek game...

Not really, takes a bit of planning so should have been plugging it for the last week or so

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Always a 'must not let the opposition get three points'. Have to set uo for a win though.

This for me. We need to finish above 2 of the teams from 2nd to 9th in the table to get into the playoffs. Not losing our remaining games in that mini-league, all away, gives us a better chance of doing that. I think we'd be better off getting 3 draws than 1 win and 2 loses in the 3 games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daniel said:

Only 245 sold so far. Still reckon we’ll pull 400+ but thought we’d take a few more tbh. 

absolutely terrible that, we took 472 to Maidenhead and this is a far better atmosphere/ground against a proper football club and a key playoff match.

We should have been taking 700-800 

Not looking forward to this nearly as much as I was tbh. It does not feel like a promotion push whatsoever

Halifax Tuesday night may put a few off, it's one of the better grounds we will visit but they are coming thick and fast now so some may be picking and choosing, I notice they are still advertising spaces on the Official as well.

50 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

absolutely terrible that, we took 472 to Maidenhead and this is a far better atmosphere/ground against a proper football club and a key playoff match.

Not looking forward to this nearly as much as I was tbh. It does not feel like a promotion push whatsoever

Think you've answered your own question there as to why some won't bother...

Plus Halifax on Tuesday and a few aways down South relatively recently.

Us taking a lot away is a relatively new phenomena.  We'd be lucky to make 3 figures at some games in the the South in the '90s.  245's alright...

23 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Us taking a lot away is a relatively new phenomena.  We'd be lucky to make 3 figures at some games in the the South in the '90s.  245's alright...

Correct, I remember going to Chelsea early 90's first game of the season  in the PL and we took about 900 (crowd was about 20,000), some away followings in the PL towards the end were quite measly as well particularly Ipswich away when we took about 100.

58 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

is there any benefit from purchasing in advance? if not then we are on target for 5-600 which aint bad really for proper trek sandwiched between two homes and then halifax away. l can see how some may drop this and do southend, bromley, halifax, alty, dale, chesterfield plus whoever lve forgotten 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Correct, I remember going to Chelsea early 90's first game of the season  in the PL and we took about 900 (crowd was about 20,000), some away followings in the PL towards the end were quite measly as well particularly Ipswich away when we took about 100.

I was there.  Nick Henry's goal from the half-way line.  Took ages to go in.  One of favourite ever Latics goals...

Post Premier League, fans abandoned ship home and away.  I remember Palace away under Sharp when there was barely 100.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoeP said:

You know what? You’re all actually right! I have probably got a bit carried away with the last few years but on the other hand I’m fascinated by the business and human side of football and think the club could do a lot more to push away games…which are the only games I go to for the most part!