Change of playoff final date

I know most now believe this to be of no relevance due to our dwindling form, but I thought I’d share it in case it’s passed anyone by. As I know plenty had booked refundable hotel rooms on the basis the final was on Saturday. Basically it’s now been moved to Sunday 5th May at 3pm due to a train strike on the Saturday.

Although weirdly looking at this further the avanti Manc to London trains are running on the Saturday but not the Sunday…. Maybe to do with London tube strikes on the Sunday  (who knows… it’ll be a good thing to worry about IF we get there anyway).

I have a big problem IF we do get there, which is a big if. We were originally going on holiday on the Saturday, but I realised in time and managed to change it to the Sunday. I cannot change now, and it’s all paid for. I wouldn’t even be able to watch it as I’d be in the air for the entire game. 
After recent weeks I doubt i’ll need to worry, but what would others do in that situation? 

3 hours ago, daniel said:

I have a big problem IF we do get there, which is a big if. We were originally going on holiday on the Saturday, but I realised in time and managed to change it to the Sunday. I cannot change now, and it’s all paid for. I wouldn’t even be able to watch it as I’d be in the air for the entire game. 
After recent weeks I doubt i’ll need to worry, but what would others do in that situation? 

Go on holiday. The result won't change.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daniel said:

Look for a direct flight out of London 

5 hours ago, daniel said:

For our Liverpool FA Cup tie I let my family go and I met them after the game. 

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

What would be seen as the biggest surprise in our history? Promotion at Wembley this season or saying we'll stay up in 1993 a fortnight before the season ended? Surely the odds were longer on that?

Promotion at Wembley this season.

There were signs of life before the last week of the Great Escape in '93.  Beating United, Spurs and fighting to the end against Everton away and QPR.

This lot have none of that fire in their bellies...and they've got to win more games.

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

What would be seen as the biggest surprise in our history? Promotion at Wembley this season or saying we'll stay up in 1993 a fortnight before the season ended? Surely the odds were longer on that?

Currently getting promotion at Wembley. As although we ended up having to win the last 3 games in 93 that was only because Sheffield United won the first 2 of their last 3 including an away win at Everton IIRC.