Ricky v Mayweather

Me and Neil Adams Headband are organising a trip to Las Vegas for Rickys mega fight with Gobby Mayweather on December 8th, after which Ricky should retire as a living legend, cos there is no one else to fight at Light Welterweight or Welterweight.

Anyone going, interested, watching on TV etc.

Me and Neil Adams Headband are organising a trip to Las Vegas for Rickys mega fight with Gobby Mayweather on December 8th, after which Ricky should retire as a living legend, cos there is no one else to fight at Light Welterweight or Welterweight.

Anyone going, interested, watching on TV etc.

think this will be the trip of a life time, cant wait for this one - be good if we can get a few of us to go -

• 3 months later...

The thing Hatton has that not many other top class fighters have......the ability to attack the body better than the head. Sure he may not land too many to the head of Mayweather, but can Mayweather's ribs take the take the pounding they will get?

The thing Hatton has that not many other top class fighters have......the ability to attack the body better than the head. Sure he may not land too many to the head of Mayweather, but can Mayweather's ribs take the take the pounding they will get?

hopefully not, if Hatton can catch this dancing lunatic , he will be able to slow him down with a rib cruncher, Mayweather will not want to go toe to toe with Ricky. Ricky to win in the 10th i think.

hopefully not, if Hatton can catch this dancing lunatic , he will be able to slow him down with a rib cruncher, Mayweather will not want to go toe to toe with Ricky. Ricky to win in the 10th i think.

I fear Hatton might spend 12 rounds walking into leather and missing with hooks to the body. If he can manage to get close to Mayweather he can hurt him, that's for sure.

I fear Hatton might spend 12 rounds walking into leather and missing with hooks to the body. If he can manage to get close to Mayweather he can hurt him, that's for sure.

It'll need a huge effort but I think despite my dislike of Mayweather he'll edge the fight. Cocky little so and so he is, he's confident for a reason. Can't be doing with that at all. Love to see Hatton knock him out but won't be surprised at all with a Mayweather win and some ridiculous celebration afterwards from him.

Come on Ricky knock his block off! B)

Don't think I've ever been as excited about a fight as Hatton - Mayweather since Eubank - Benn.

The only dilema I have is whether to do an all-nighter or take the sensible option and go to bed early but set the alarm for 5am. Does anyone have a rough idea of what time the Hattin fight will start at ? The one earlier this year started at 5.30am if I remember rightly. That was a long drinking session.

I want Mayweather to get beat more than I wanted Naz to get beat of Barrera, and I really wanted Naz to get beat in that fight.

We are going to the Owls house and drinking merrilly til the early hours, well hopefully!

Last fight i watched with them lot i was that drunk i dont remember the fight, allthought the last fight i recorded so i could remember it!

COME ON RICKY!!!

I was glad of the repeats of the last Calzaghe fight, most of the finer points of it seemed to pass me by after starting the beers in Leyton at midday. Better than when the Nigels won the World Cup in 2003 though, me and Mr Tulsehill decided at some point that we were going to drink right through rather than get a few hours kip before the final. Woke up on the settee 60 minutes into the game...

I think the fight time is around 2-2:30am like his last fight should not strat no later than 3am

Hope so pal, when he fought Urango (?) it was nearly 6am before the bell for the first round went. 3am is not too bad.

Remember when Bruno fought Tyson...think it was their last fight...can remember Bruno coming out surrounded by Union Flags...next thing I know he's on the canvas and the fight's over. The drink had taken its toll and I'd fallen asleep..although you'd probably needn't have more than blinked and you'd have missed that fight.

Fight to start just after 4am!

That was according to the Sky bloke!

It's dependant upon the other fights before it, but I would be surprised if it was any earlier.

I've been in training for it this week.

Starting at eight a swift five pints until twelve and then slow down and drink a 'few' cans until late. Wednesday was an early (2am) finish, last night saw me through until 4. Tonight will be a mock run - probably until 5.

Work* has been hard this week.

*Turning up for, not actually doing hard work - I must stress.

The weigh in was superb. Especially SSN having to apologise for Ricky and all the 6,000 Brits Language. Why, I dont know. It was after the watershed time and it's boxing for frig sake.

Dont think Mayweather expected anything like that. Superb atmosphere. It's a shame it had two idiot commentators rabbitting through alot of it when you just wanted to listen to the announcer and soak in the atmosphere.

Come on Ricky.

The Manc takes on the Yank

The 0 must go !!!

Come on Manc, Smack that Yank !!

How many more will be thought of before the fight

Ricky to win in the 8th round after having his eye cut early in the 3rd .. Ricky breaks May's guard and sets too with some decent liver punches while following over with 3 straight left Jabs !!!

"Come on Rickaaaaaay!"