Venue : Brunton Park

Match result: L

Optional Post Template:

1. Referee Consistency :

2. Match Control :

3. Decision Making :

4. Positioning/ Fitness :

5. Any Other Comments :

Poor ref but to be fair to him he could of sent Gregan off so we'll give him that one! Shouldn't of given there penalty and possibly should of given Davies's penalty shout in my opinion. Some shocking decisions for either side and slowed the game down way to much.

1. Referee Consistency :

Very poor. Carlisle players were allowed to foul while any slight infringement by Latics was punished. Should have stamped down on Westwood's time wasting and to only add on 3 minutes at the end was ridiculous.

2. Match Control :

Wasn't a difficult match to referee as there were no particularly bad challenges and it was hardly a high tempo affair. Even so, he did his best to ruin the match (even further) by booking 3 players early on. Could certainly have booked more but didn't - and this wasn't because he had kept the players under control.

3. Decision Making :

Excellent. Did everything the Carlisle fans asked him to do. Seriously, he was appalling. A complete homer who played to the crowd and gave some mystifying decisions - usually after the United fans had shouted for a free kick. The penalty for Carlisle was a joke with Thompson clearly winning the ball. Watched it several times now and it wouldn't have warranted a free kick outside the area let alone a penalty.

Seemed ok but how he failed to see the trip on Davies is beyond me. He was in a great position but bottled it by looking to his Lino (and fourth official) for advice when he was only 5 metres away.

5. Any Other Comments :

Looked very much like Dermot Gallacher. Doubt this guy will ever see higher League football though. The worrying thing is, there are far worse than him out there and so he's got a begrudging "2" out of 5 from me.

Won't put into words my contempt of that pathetic excuse for a referee else I will get banned from the site - he completely ruined that game and should be sacked instantly. What he let Carlisle get away with beggared belief, inconsistency, incompetence - I could go on for the rest of the week. Off to look at the FA site to see if I can report him. It's a long way to Carlisle and back from Leicester - and for Oldham to have to play against 12 men was more than I could stand. Trying to find somewhere to eat where those glorified cheats weren't last night was difficult as such. What an appalling waste of a weekend.

Won't put into words my contempt of that pathetic excuse for a referee else I will get banned from the site - he completely ruined that game and should be sacked instantly. What he let Carlisle get away with beggared belief, inconsistency, incompetence - I could go on for the rest of the week. Off to look at the FA site to see if I can report him. It's a long way to Carlisle and back from Leicester - and for Oldham to have to play against 12 men was more than I could stand. Trying to find somewhere to eat where those glorified cheats weren't last night was difficult as such. What an appalling waste of a weekend.

Good rant but get off the fence why don't you!

Anyway, I've changed the rating system and added a 0/5 option just for you!

1. Referee Consistency :

I don't think I'm alone in saying that this biased :censored: can :censored: as long as his :censored: live the cheating :censored:.

2. Match Control :

Managed somehow to allow Carlisle's cheating :censored: to fall over and give no :censored: the useless :censored:!

3. Decision Making :

One sided :censored: got half his decisions right as they were in favour of his beloved, the :censored: son of a :censored:.

Only covered two thirds of the pitch as he wouldn't come over to the Oldham fans such was his biased performance the :censored: .

5. Any Other Comments :

Didn't have the best of games. The :censored: :censored: .

0/5 is far too higher a mark.

:lol: You restrained yourself pretty well there OldhamSheridan.

He's very eloquent and has an excellent vocabulary does our OS. He uses lots of very long swear words and on the way back from Port Vale, even me and Maddog learned a few new expletives! :o:)

Mind you, our performances at Vale Park do tend to bring out the worst in people. :(

He's very eloquent and has an excellent vocabulary does our OS. He uses lots of very long swear words and on the way back from Port Vale, even me and Maddog learned a few new expletives! :o:)

Mind you, our performances at Vale Park do tend to bring out the worst in people. :(

After half time I went on a thirty five minute swearing tirade and surprised myself a few times.

By the time the penalty (not given) came I'd run out and could only manage a "Bloody Nora".

Needless to say if I see the chap in town anytime I'll probably be set off again.