Are you here thanks to a Latics' victory celebration?

Diego_Sideburns

Baby Boom  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do to celebrate a Latics win?

• A meal out.
    • Drinks with friends.
    • A pub crawl.
    • A quiet night in with a feeling of mission accomplished.
    • In the bedroom.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad LL.

A couple of days after a resounding 2-0 away win against the Bindippers and a few days before another equally resounding away win (3-1) at Spotland.

Check Your Own

So 5 goals between the two! :bblue2: No wonder we got thrown out of Rochdale 13 months later, those Daleys must have been smarting from the crushing humiliation.

:shock: I was conceived around the time of a 7-1 defeat at Sunderland in the league cup in 1962, the only comfort I can take is that this defeat was sandwiched in between home league victories over Barrow and Oxford.

Maybe we played a weakened team at Sunderland as we weren't taking the league cup seriously. :grin:

Looking at the fixtures - I was concieved between two very good Victories, both 2-1 against watford and Preston respectively...

However, i doubt I had anything to do with that, as my Dad was at Parkhead every weekend, so probably has more to do with celtics title winning season... and a resounding 4-0 win over Hibs on the 29th march 1980.... but probably more like thier victory in the old firm game on the 1st April!

Looking at the fixtures - I was concieved between two very good Victories, both 2-1 against watford and Preston respectively...

However, i doubt I had anything to do with that, as my Dad was at Parkhead every weekend, so probably has more to do with celtics title winning season... and a resounding 4-0 win over Hibs on the 29th march 1980.... but probably more like thier victory in the old firm game on the 1st April!

Conceived on April 1! :grin:

:laught16::laught16::laught16:

I can't believe how few people go on a pub crawl after a Latics win. In my experience, it's the ONLY way to celebrate a victory.

It's also a good way to help come to terms with a loss too.

I find that a pub crawl helps put a draw in perspective.

And when matches are postponed, it is a great way to pass the evening...

Anyone know why Nelson FC and nowhere else (?) has that information?

No idea but it is just about the best League football database on the internet. I've been using it for years and I think it was Stipey who first pointed it out.

Soccerbase is ok for more Player data and modern stuff (although it is not very user-friendly) but if you are after results and tables, then it is Nelson FC's Site all the way!

Football 365 is excellent for Stats and for World football, then Futbol24 takes some beating.

No idea but it is just about the best League football database on the internet. I've been using it for years and I think it was Stipey who first pointed it out.

Defiantely a good site, particualrly the tables at that point.

Looking at it you would think it's taken from somewhere else.

I was conceived in 1967, but somehat enigmally (new word!) I am not sure when becasue I was born prematurely. Incidentally Patrick Steptoe was my mums Gynaecologist, as many at that point, pioneering drugs apparently-which explains things a bit.

I think it was 1 or 2 months premature, so I am going to take my pick of results, even though I don;t think my Dad followed football just took em a fewe years later.

Sat 20 Aug Orient H League W 3-1 View Table

Wed 24 Aug Barrow A League Cup L 1-2

Sat 27 Aug Bournemouth & Boscombe Ath. A League L 1-2 View Table

Mon 29 Aug Swansea Town A League L 0-3 View Table

Sat 03 Sep Swansea Town H League W 4-1 View Table

Mon 05 Sep Mansfield Town A League W 4-2 View Table

Sat 10 Sep Middlesbrough A League W 2-0 View Table

Sat 17 Sep Shrewsbury Town H League W 4-1 View Table

Sat 24 Sep Colchester United A League L 2-3 View Table

Tue 27 Sep Mansfield Town H League D 0-0 View Table

Sat 01 Oct Bristol Rovers H League W 3-0 View Table

Sat 08 Oct Grimsby Town A League L 0-1 View Table

Sat 15 Oct Walsall H League W 6-2 View Table

So I will take mon 5th Double celebration 8-3 for Sat 3rd and Mon 5th !!

OAFC_OK will now be curled up beneath his desk trying desparately not to imagine the moment of his conception, with Diego screaming, "YESSSSSS!" as he remembered some long-forgotten Latics striker scuffing a last minute winner earlier that day.

Thanks a bunch Leeslover, as a result of a discussion about this thread Mrs Sideburns decided to go into far too much detail about the night in question. :sign0068::nnnng:

Me and my sister are now both scarred for life. Please be careful what you post!