walsall away following

daznathe

Away Support At Walsall  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How many will we take to The Bescot?

• Less than 600
    • 600-700
    • 701-800
    • 801-900
    • 901-1000
    • 1001-1100
    • Over 1100

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers carpet

You're welcome.

For next time, when you are in your post, click on the "Manage this Topic's poll" link.

It will then ask you for a title. Then click on the "Add Poll Question" link. Then click on "Add Poll Choice" to add your options.

When you have done, just submit the post. Don't click on "Close Poll Form" as that will remove the poll!

Any problems, send me (or one of the team) a PM and we'll try to help you out!

There will be at least two more than usual there. It's the closest "away" match for my parents and they will be going. They don't get to as many away matches as they used to so, as it's a special occasion, you can expect a Latics win!!

A corner will be turned!!!

Walsall 0 Oldham 3

There will be at least two more than usual there. It's the closest "away" match for my parents and they will be going. They don't get to as many away matches as they used to so, as it's a special occasion, you can expect a Latics win!!

Walsall 0 Oldham 3

Tell you what - i'd gladly take the 2-0 we got last time we were there.... rubbish game, but 1 bit of class and 1 bit of luck was all we needed.... will take any type of result tomorrow, no matter how we get it - then up the table we go!

Tell you what - i'd gladly take the 2-0 we got last time we were there.... rubbish game, but 1 bit of class and 1 bit of luck was all we needed.... will take any type of result tomorrow, no matter how we get it - then up the table we go!

Pablo Mills was terrible for them that day! He was shocking. To top it, he got man of the match from the sponsors (a harsh trick from them as he was so bad) and then got even more grief from the Latics fans. He kept edging further and further away as the clock ran down :lol:

One thing I've noticed through recent seasons is that poor form doesn't seem to have the impact on our away following that it does at home. I'd like to think we'll take close to a thousand. Would be 1001, but I can't make it. :wacko:

I can't make it due to a wedding, and if I skip the wedding it will be to go to the cricket, so my double absence takes us down to 998.

We only took 543 last time we played there, which was a saturday game when we was around 11th-14th in the league. Its only 1hr 20ish in the car so id expect a fair few, but after only taking that time and taking into fact we are bottom i wouldnt expect many. Id guess around 550.

We were higher up than that - was one of the last signs of life before the end of season Ronnie fall-apart happened!

can we sustain our large away crowd crown in this poor run..?

still think we will take over a 1000 despite some of the ususal following not being there for one reason or another

i.e leeslover, garcon, maddog, harrydowdsgreenshirt, lieutenant pigeon are just some that arent

but still will top 1000 - IMO

Edited by neiladamsheadband

We only took 543 last time we played there, which was a saturday game when we was around 11th-14th in the league. Its only 1hr 20ish in the car so id expect a fair few, but after only taking that time and taking into fact we are bottom i wouldnt expect many. Id guess around 550.

England played at Old Trafford that day (v Northern Ireland if I remember correctly). A fair few Latics fans would have gone to that.

Walsall 0 Oldham 3

But will that be good enough for your Dad? :wink:

On Saturday at Bescot Stadium there is to be a Bostin' Black Country Fun Day, with entertainments and special food available. There's also a special advance ticket offer of an adult and up to two kids for £10. However, you probably won't be surprised to learn that the special food menu and cheap advance tickets are only available for home fans.

http://www.saddlers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/F...1097958,00.html

http://www.saddlers.premiumtv.co.uk/static...28~97906,00.pdf

http://www.saddlers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/N...1116024,00.html

WBA are away on Saturday, so I think our numbers will be swollen by some Baggies' fans lending their support for Lee Hughes. It will also be an opportunity for the Walsall fans to vent their dislike of the Albion and Hughes.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Guest oa_exile
Interesting comments from his agent at that time.

"Michael is very grateful to Southend, but he really should be playing at the top level. He will be back in about three weeks, and no disrespect to Southend but it's going to be at a considerably higher level than that.

His agent didnt get that one right.