It wouldn't matter who we put in what position upfront, cos they still wont bloody shoot!!! I've never seen a team so reluctant to have a pop at goal. I dont particularly agree with the comments about ricketts or davies or even lidds, watching him knock it past one of Leeds and run the other way round him was bliss..... What i do think is if we actually shot at goal, speculativley or not, we would score more goals. You cant score if you dont shoot. Nobody can put in a rebound if the shot wasn't taken in the first place. We cant get a lucky deflection if you dont shoot in the first place. No defender will panic and handle a ball on the line if its not there to handle..... Pattern?

Oh yeah, and bringing on a sub when we're in full flow and pushing for a winner with a minute to go? Dont get it at all. Give the lad at least 10 mins to have a fair crack at the game or just leave him out. Late subs are designed to break up the opositions flow when you are up against it, not when you are going for the winner.....

KTF

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grin::grin: Only can you BB turn this 'supposed' slagging off of Ricketts, into your own historic "slagging off" of Lids.

As you continue to state about how much his legs have gone this year as they had last year.....and after very few games, you relate to stats.....so let's show you how his underperforming, "legs have gone" pins did last year in a full season (and of course please look at the hero known as Paul Warne who everybody said set loooaaaddss of goals up 9he doesn't quite seem close to "no legs" Lids does he Ross?

http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk...0610337,00.html

Doesn't look 2 bad a season that to me!!! :wink:

Oh and by the way.....he also scored 1 more league goal than Warne last year!!!!

I hope all of the players' legs go again this year, with those stats!!! :rolleyes:

Liddell had 17 assists up to January the 2nd last year Jeff (I know that, because Lidslovers were ramming it down our throats when we started to wonder what was up with him weeks later and this stat kept being trotted out).....only added another 2 for the rest of the season! So that's a total of 2 in 2007 so far, fantastic! You happy with that? I ain't, so will bloody well say it :grin: Also....I've said where he should be being played....behind the front two, Lids would be far better for the team. He should've been played there when KK was injured (just like Shez had tried him in preseason.)

As for "turn this 'supposed' slagging off of Ricketts, into your own historic "slagging off" of Lids"....poor line matey! Must do better!....It's part of a package called SERVICE....ya know, that thing the wingers are meant to give to our strikers? You got it, Lids (no service) and Taylor (little service).

Edited by boundaryblue80

Then tell me why he continually pulls out wide, invariably falling over Taylor who is also playing out of position in my opinion (humble as it is). He has spent more time closer to where I sit than the goals up to yet this season.

WTF??? I just did tell you....in the post, you just replied to!!!

"Add to this, the only reason Davies is finding himself out there IMO, is coz of the completely regimented carbon-copy attacks we produce every single time down the wings. It goes....

Ball down the wing....to Taylor, he can't go past on his left foot so cuts in towards his marker, is tackled, falls over, ball needs recovering, Davies goes out to do so.

Or ball down to Lids....he can't beat his man, so he gets to edge of attacking 3rd....waits for back up....nearest man....yes, you guessed it, Davies!"

As for "turn this 'supposed' slagging off of Ricketts, into your own historic "slagging off" of Lids"....poor line matey! Must do better!....It's part of a package called SERVICE....ya know, that thing the wingers are meant to give to our strikers? You got it, Lids (no service) and Taylor (little service).

So by saying Lids (no service) and Taylor (little service), are you saying that you think Taylors been better that Lids so far this season?? :blink:

Oh and i'm glad Lids has added to his "unsatisfactory 2007 stats " today mate!! :grin::wink:

Someone said Lidds has lost his legs and Shez knows its.....pillock....why does he keep playing him then ??

People had a pop at him last year and look at his stats!!!

Hes playing fine this year!

Yet again....we attack our players....idiots....

Edited by oafc0000

Guest amoweb
So by saying Lids (no service) and Taylor (little service), are you saying that you think Taylors been better that Lids so far this season?? :blink:

Oh and i'm glad Lids has added to his "unsatisfactory 2007 stats " today mate!! :grin::wink:

I personally think Taylor has been poor for a long time now, but i am confident that he will come good again.

KTF

I personally think Taylor has been poor for a long time now, but i am confident that he will come good again.

KTF

I agree with the "Taylor would be better on the right" brigade, but not at Lids' expense at the moment. I was annoyed by the anti Lids herberts last year and now we've got Ricketts, it looks like some of these characters have changed their choice for a while.

And I'm quite sure it was BB80 who, certainly for the most of last season, was one who often suggested Lids had 'lost his legs'?!

Edited by futchers briefs

I agree with the "Taylor would be better on the right" brigade, but not at Lids' expense at the moment. I was annoyed by the anti Lids herberts last year and now we've got Ricketts, it looks like some of these characters have changed their choice for a while.

And I'm quite sure it was BB80 who, certainly for the most of last season, was one who often suggested Lids had 'lost his legs'?!

I actually said Lids' attitude had changed last season. Not that his legs had gone. His effort wasn't there in the 2nd half of last season...which is why he got dropped....suger coat it however you want with 2006 Aug-Dec stats. As for this season, yep, his legs have gone. More willingness to do things, but he CANT BEAT HIS MAN....none of this s.h.i.t about him not having to! Not seen todays goal, but I'm betting he'll have cut inside today....like Taylor does on the left, and taken a shot (problem with Taylor is either tackled immediately or he shoots high and wide) I'd rather Lids did that from the right every time coz Lids has the range, rather than this trademark pathetic pass back into midfield allowing defences to fill in, which has become his norm. If he's going to take it on himself and shoot more, I'd like that. Very very much so....but he ain't a RW anymore, coz HE CANT BEAT HIS MAN. Lids should be behind the front two....then he'll get more chances to shoot from Ricketts' knock downs and score plenty more and set plenty more up!!!

And no, not saying Taylors played better than Lids either. And yet, he's still assisted a few goals. The wings are the problem....it ain't anti-Lids (or else I wouldn't be saying, stick him behind the front two).....it's sort the 1-dimensional, opposition assisting, attacks we make out!

Edited by boundaryblue80

I actually said Lids' attitude had changed last season. Not that his legs had gone. His effort wasn't there in the 2nd half of last season...which is why he got dropped....suger coat it however you want with 2006 Aug-Dec stats. As for this season, yep, his legs have gone. More willingness to do things, but he CANT BEAT HIS MAN....none of this s.h.i.t about him not having to! Not seen todays goal, but I'm betting he'll have cut inside today....like Taylor does on the left, and taken a shot (problem with Taylor is either tackled immediately or he shoots high and wide) I'd rather Lids did that from the right every time coz Lids has the range, rather than this trademark pathetic pass back into midfield allowing defences to fill in, which has become his norm. If he's going to take it on himself and shoot more, I'd like that. Very very much so....but he ain't a RW anymore, coz HE CANT BEAT HIS MAN. Lids should be behind the front two....then he'll get more chances to shoot from Ricketts' knock downs and score plenty more and set plenty more up!!!

And no, not saying Taylors played better than Lids either. And yet, he's still assisted a few goals. The wings are the problem....it ain't anti-Lids (or else I wouldn't be saying, stick him behind the front two).....it's sort the 1-dimensional, opposition assisting, attacks we make out!

hehe...ok!!!! :wink::D

he CANT BEAT HIS MAN....

Did you go to the Leeds game? The best moment of the game was when someone finally gave Lids a decent ball, i think it was either Ricketts or KK (the balls that get played to him are normally very poor) his first touch was perfect to put it behind the defender and into the area, he then ran round his man and his picked the ball up again, unnfortunately the bounce just didnt go his way and he couldnt get a shot away but he did play a good ball in for Taylor. It was pure class

And a nice goal from him today coming in at the back

Did you go to the Leeds game? The best moment of the game was when someone finally gave Lids a decent ball, i think it was either Ricketts or KK (the balls that get played to him are normally very poor) his first touch was perfect to put it behind the defender and into the area, he then ran round his man and his picked the ball up again, unnfortunately the bounce just didnt go his way and he couldnt get a shot away but he did play a good ball in for Taylor. It was pure class

Yeah, I did (the ball bobbled did it?...lol.) Hey and guess what, he also did the full back once 3 days earlier vs Crewe...just the once...if he does it more often, then I'll retract my view that he should be played as a winger. He doesn't usually even try taking them on....I wondered if he'd been given a "run bonus" for trying it :wink: If he does it more often, beats more full backs, then I'll say he should play there (seems to be trying these things now Smalleys been pushing...coincidence?) Lids (and Taylor)....frustrating....maybe we'll see the best of Lids now his contracts running out and he's going to have competition shortly. Hope so!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Guest amoweb

Gemma it was Davies fantastic cross field pass that set Lidds up, it was the only contribution that Davies made in the Leeds game, Shez finally saw sense today and sub Davies instead of Ricketts.

Its a shame now that Ricketts is out for the Huddersfield game as i would "rest" Davies and start with Wolfy.

Gemma it was Davies fantastic cross field pass that set Lidds up, it was the only contribution that Davies made in the Leeds game, Shez finally saw sense today and sub Davies instead of Ricketts.

Its a shame now that Ricketts is out for the Huddersfield game as i would "rest" Davies and start with Wolfy.

And just so we all know. LIDDS' LEGS HAVE GONE. Gone, gone, gone, gone, gone!

I'd drop Lidd's and play Davies on the left, Taylor on the right and Wolfy/Allessandro/Hughes (if fit) up front.

(Obviously Hughes would be ideal).

GONE.

I'd drop Lidd's and play Davies on the left, Taylor on the right and Wolfy/Allessandro/Hughes (if fit) up front.

GONE.

Davies on the left??

Thats why you sit in the stands on a saturday and not in on the bench.........

Guest sheridans_world
Davies on the left??

Thats why you sit in the stands on a saturday and not in on the bench.........

Believe it or not, there are alot of people that think this is feasable, myself included. While i think Davies should be in the middle he isnt. He is constantly going out wide. So play him there.

GONE.

Lids has never had any real pace though, neither had Eyres and i never remember Holden or Adams being lightning quick but all of them put quality balls into the box, thats what wingers are there for.

Lids still has to the legs to last 90mins, he gets back to help eards - more this season than last in my opinion - and he gets forward to support the attack he just doesnt run at his man like Taylor and Davies can but that does not make him a bad player and it doesnt mean that his legs have gone

I find it quite bizzare that two of our most naturally gifted players get the most stick

Guest oa_exile
Lids has never had any real pace though, neither had Eyres and i never remember Holden or Adams being lightning quick but all of them put quality balls into the box, thats what wingers are there for.

Lids still has to the legs to last 90mins, he gets back to help eards - more this season than last in my opinion - and he gets forward to support the attack he just doesnt run at his man like Taylor and Davies can but that does not make him a bad player and it doesnt mean that his legs have gone

I find it quite bizzare that two of our most naturally gifted players get the most stick

Gemma , me and you seem to have the same thoughts on Lidds , you sit in mainstand lower in think ? , i sit in Lower Lookers............must be the pitch level view :grin:

Gemma , me and you seem to have the same thoughts on Lidds , you sit in mainstand lower in think ? , i sit in Lower Lookers............must be the pitch level view :grin:

I do sit there yes, the side the RRE. It must be down to the view that we see just how good he really is :D

Guest sheridans_world
Im guessing these people also sit in the stand ??

Well done, theres a clever boy.

I believe you sit in the stands also?

Football is about opinion and debate, why write someone else's opinon off (OldhamSheridan) when you dont even have the decency to debate the issue?

Lol...sorry Gemma....but with me, you just lost all credibility....Holden???????????????????????? Seriously...Holden????????????????

Start again......Adams........Eyres..........Liddell..........and then Holden..................................

Sorry.........but that's done it for me!!!

PS....Adams RW, Eyres, LW, Lids RW....HoldenRight Back.........

Holden????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Lol....was going to edit my last post....anyway...as it wont let me (admin, it seems if it's X big, ya can't edit it it) anyway........

Just fooking amazed at Gemma post there.....comparing Lids...........

Adams (please, no, seriously...................PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lids.....a very, very poor Adams!!! Not even close!!!)

Eyres...."Lids has never had any real pace though, neither had Eyres"................just cannot, SERIOUSLY....cannot believe this comment. You must be.....????????Well...who knows???? Eyres had no pace.....hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eyres got slated for beating his man...then, beating his man. And then............beating his man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eyres got slated coz he did them and didn't put the ball in......Eyres never had pace..............WASH YA MOUTH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! Eyres or Lids in my team...........ha...........even the blind know!

And the fantastic finale.............Holden....................PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know Lids has some fans but :censored: me.................that's the funniest post I've read on OWTB!!!!!!! Yes, I'm responding in such a condescending way.....but is there any other way to it? I can't believe my eyes.......Eyres....no pace????????? and Holden????????????????????? There is no way to respond to it..............Stick up for Lids but please.................do not even try to compare him to Eyres (God!), Adams (legend) and Holden (a right back)...................Liddell will slump away from the Latics in the summer (relieving over 4k a week in wages!) and be long, long forgotten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80