Last one to post wins

singe

Guest sheridans_world
Ohhhhhh SW that contact lens picture gives me the creeps, hate stuff to do with eyes. Can watch stuff on the telly about operations no problem but when they start messing with eyes no way. My Dad had cataracts, hes had both eyes done and can see miles better now, no way will I let him explain what they did though :)

How did you cope with this???

finger_through_eye.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gillianfn
Ohhhhhh SW that contact lens picture gives me the creeps, hate stuff to do with eyes. Can watch stuff on the telly about operations no problem but when they start messing with eyes no way. My Dad had cataracts, hes had both eyes done and can see miles better now, no way will I let him explain what they did though :)

My mother had hers done too - started to tell me about the needle going towards her head - I started heaving and ran away! Now IM, do you see why we call her Norma?

And yes Andrew, you are right - change the name of this thread or stop dicking about and use it how God intended! For folk like me, you, IM, LL, yes even Jim T when he can bother his ars, oh hello James, yes remember me? <_< In fact, frig it, Stipey, get us a new thread of our own, just call it "Ranting and soul searching" and we can remove ourselves from the pantomimeesque, "It's me - he's behind you" cobblers.

I've got a facebook thingy - just so I can look at my big girl's France photographs.

And yes Andrew, you are right - change the name of this thread or stop dicking about and use it how God intended! For folk like me, you, IM, LL, yes even Jim T when he can bother his ars, oh hello James, yes remember me? <_< In fact, frig it, Stipey, get us a new thread of our own, just call it "Ranting and soul searching" and we can remove ourselves from the pantomimeesque, "It's me - he's behind you" cobblers.

Cue for somebody to either

a/ put "I win"..... yawn.... again

or

b/ tell you to lighten up.... double yawn

or

c/ something totally out of left field just to be a smart aris... can't be arsed yawning :wink:

Either that or Jimi T will post :)

Edited by StipeTripe

Guest sheridans_world

Well considering its a 'last one to post wins' thread......

.......Lighten Up?!

boundary_park_203.jpg

^^^ Left of field

P.s. Do i win?

Edited by sheridans_world

My mother had hers done too - started to tell me about the needle going towards her head - I started heaving and ran away! Now IM, do you see why we call her Norma?

I now have the perfect mental image Gill :lol:

I know we had the why i hate Man Yoo elsewhere,and i try,i really do try to be big and grown up and not let it get the better of me,honest.

However........

During the game Tuesday a red fan mate text to see if i was watching their masterclass,told him i wasn't and i got the reply "huh call yourself a football fan".

CALL MYSELF A FECKIN FOOTBALL FAN,WELL YES I DO ACTUALLY AS I'M NOT A BANDWAGON JUMPING :censored: :censored: :censored: WHO ONLY FOLLOWS SUCCESS YOU :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: NOW :censored: :censored: :trollarse:

Same lad e mailed me a wallpaper of the scoreboard at full time.

And they wonder why people get the hump at 'em :angry::angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by inspectormorose

I agree 100% with Manure fans thinking the footballing world revolves around them, but you really did miss one of the greatest games ever!

Go on, someone can rant about me not hating manure if they want to... seems to be a lot of hostility in this thread, I don't mind taking some of it - give me something to do!

There has a been a request for some moderation on this thread.

I would like to re-iterate the point that YOU ARE NOT MEANT TO TALK ABOUT FRIGGIN FOOTBALL here.

It is a place of calm and repose from the hustle and bustle of the everyday world, like the rest of the Taproom.

Freaks of the world are welcome on the New Big Thread, but are advised that if they want a prompt and sensible reply to something that is really on their minds, rather than a brilliant and insightful reply to a different query, three months too late, then just starting a new thread in the Taproom might be a better bet. Asking here makes about as much sense as asking Barry Owen how much a return bus fare costs.

Attempts to win the competition are obviously OK within the starting aim of the thread, good luck folks! It might take a while yet :moderator: So there. Ramble at will.

I would like to re-iterate the point that YOU ARE NOT MEANT TO TALK ABOUT FRIGGIN FOOTBALL here.

Point taken and apologies m'lud.

My fingers just got carried away and i felt a strange release as they did their work,ooh er missus :grin:

Ok newbies,what's your favourite flavour of jam?

How's that for an insightful and illuminating topic.

You can tell a lot about a person from their favourite flavour of jam. :unsure:

That better Mr Moderator? :wink:

Point taken and apologies m'lud.

My fingers just got carried away and i felt a strange release as they did their work,ooh er missus :grin:

Ok newbies,what's your favourite flavour of jam?

How's that for an insightful and illuminating topic.

You can tell a lot about a person from their favourite flavour of jam. :unsure:

That better Mr Moderator? :wink:

Raspberry, of course. But it's got to have a really high fruit content, and be sweetened with fruity sugars rather than sacks of castor sugar.

Raspberry, of course. But it's got to have a really high fruit content, and be sweetened with fruity sugars rather than sacks of castor sugar.

Gotta be Blackcurrant,but none of them seed bits in,smoothed on hot buttered toast or layered liberally on uber fresh thick white warbys mmmmmmmmmmm.

Can i just say god damn you to hell Murdoch and Branson for your bloody feud,sky sports one seems to have feckin disappeared and i'm tyrin' to watch Celtic v Saints.

It's not football LL it's a little rant about those two barstewards feckin up my world. :angry::angry:

:angry:

Oh and you'll be ok, LL hates Branson.

This is true.

Marmalade is made with citrus fruit innit?

Jam is best served on a cake, with cream. Or cooked in a suet pudding. Mmmmmm. I don't get putting it on toast, toast needs to be eaten really hot.

This is true.

Marmalade is made with citrus fruit innit?

Jam is best served on a cake, with cream. Or cooked in a suet pudding. Mmmmmm. I don't get putting it on toast, toast needs to be eaten really hot.

No you put a few slices of toast on top of each other so they go a bit soggy.Separate 'em out,then butter,then jam.

How fecking cathertic is this after that pile of steaming rubbish today.

What we need is Mads perspective on this,she's the Delia Smith o phile.

Marmalade is a tool of the devil,dis feckin gusting stuff,looks like it's been made from the bile of demons (or is that lemon curd?),whatever it's crap.

There i feel better now,did we have a game today?

Lemon curd on toast is the best. Marmalade - not convinced it's even edible to be honest.

Jam you buy from supermarkets is a bit horrid, so I'd have to say I'm not really a jam-o-phile. Now the damson jam my mum used to make by the vat-load every year - now that was jam! Very very tasty.

Very unhappy about today. I won't say what about, as LL may shout at me for using the F-word. Grrrr.

Very unhappy about today. I won't say what about, as LL may shout at me for using the F-word. Grrrr.

Foccacia? Tasty, but surely more of a sandwich bread than one for spreading. Surely not something to get wound up about?

Can't say I've ever eaten marmalade and thought it had added anything at all to my sum of life experiences. This might not be helped by the fact that if you are a normal person, and therefore don't keep it in your house, the only time you ever come across the stuff is out of a little vacuum sealed tub in hotels over breakfast, and let's face it, they aren't serving the good stuff.

Oh, IM, putting toast together to get it soggy, wrong wrong wrong. Wrong. At risk of sounding ever so slightly anal about how toast should be made, it should be toasted until really only just done, then left in the toaster for about half a minute, turning it upside down to allow the top half to remain hot inside the toaster and the bottom half the chance to release steam. This gives you the chance to have the butter ready, having spooned it up with your warmed knife. Using both sides of the knife to ready it. Then, spread quickly, put onto hot plate and eat immediately.

Wearing black socks and an Alpine hat set at a jaunty angle.

Just if that's how you like it, I wouldn't like to appear picky. Where was that OCD thread?

Oh, IM, putting toast together to get it soggy, wrong wrong wrong. Wrong. At risk of sounding ever so slightly anal about how toast should be made, it should be toasted until really only just done, then left in the toaster for about half a minute, turning it upside down to allow the top half to remain hot inside the toaster and the bottom half the chance to release steam. This gives you the chance to have the butter ready, having spooned it up with your warmed knife. Using both sides of the knife to ready it. Then, spread quickly, put onto hot plate and eat immediately.

Well if we've moved on to toast now,it's gotta be well done,even slightly burned as well.Can't beat that charcoaly carbon taste.The butter has to be cold,cold,cold preferably recently out of the fridge,what's with the warmed knife it'll slide off,to get maximum thickness spreadability on said bread product.

Crisp butties,bread or muffin and what flavour?

Do you think it's too early for a lap of Dovestones?

Guest sheridans_world
Well if we've moved on to toast now,it's gotta be well done,even slightly burned as well.Can't beat that charcoaly carbon taste.The butter has to be cold,cold,cold preferably recently out of the fridge,what's with the warmed knife it'll slide off,to get maximum thickness spreadability on said bread product.

Crisp butties,bread or muffin and what flavour?

Do you think it's too early for a lap of Dovestones?

Never too early for a lap of dovestones...

Crisp butties, on bread I think, and one slice at a time. Fill half with crisps and fold over, with Walkers S&G mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Jam, strawberry every time.

Toast, not as extreme as you IM, or as interestingly as you LL, toasted just short of the carbon moment, then just wap the butter on and eat, or even better cut up into soldiers and have with a couple of boiled eggs, yokes runny mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Marmalade isn't the best, although I had some grapefruit marmalade once that was quite nice.

Oh and IM we were discussing parking and all that at Crewe, if you haven't seen it this is always a useful site

Ground Guide

If you go into Hudds there is a link to Leeds Road which also gives you a link to other ground and stands long gone.

Guest sheridans_world
Crisp butties, on bread I think, and one slice at a time. Fill half with crisps and fold over, with Walkers S&G mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Jam, strawberry every time.

Toast, not as extreme as you IM, or as interestingly as you LL, toasted just short of the carbon moment, then just wap the butter on and eat, or even better cut up into soldiers and have with a couple of boiled eggs, yokes runny mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Marmalade isn't the best, although I had some grapefruit marmalade once that was quite nice.

Oh and IM we were discussing parking and all that at Crewe, if you haven't seen it this is always a useful site

Ground Guide

If you go into Hudds there is a link to Leeds Road which also gives you a link to other ground and stands long gone.

Burnden Park too, few oldies on there.

There are some more fantastic pictures of old ground/stands and the like at this site. Stuart Clarkes work is brilliant, I've linked it many times but a visit to the place in Ambleside is well worth it.

One of my favourite pictures is the one on this link. Picture on the left in this link ... Port Vale ... its in one of his books with a bit more detail about the circumstances behind it, and brought a lump to my throat. I think the family of the man, who knew nothing about it saw it one day and wrote to Stuart Clarke to tell him the subsequent background and were proud that his passion for Vale had been immortalised.

Lots of smashing photo's

Edited by StipeTripe