Last one to post wins

singe

Why the Flip do butty shops employ shop assistants with an IQ smaller than an amoeba?

Been in the same one near where i've been workin' twice this week.

Cheese salad muffin,no cucumber.It's not hard,repeat after me.Cheese salad muffin no cucumber.

Tuesday i wandered off opened me butty an hour later it's ham,ok everyone makes a mistake.

Went in today shops empty as it was Tuesday (hmmmmm maybe that was a clue) and noticed before she chucked the cheese on she'd piled it with cucumber so being nice i pointed it out.

"Sorry i thought you said no onion"

IN WHICH FlipING LANGUAGE DOES NO CUCUMBER SOUND FlipING REMOTELY LIKE NO ONION YOU HALFFlipINGWIT,IF YOU WEREN'T DISCUSSING LAST NIGHTS EASTENDERS WITH FlipING CHARDONNAY(ta G)YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT THE ORDER WAS YOU CLOTH EARED STUPID BITCH.

Still it was only a butty,good job i don't let things wind me up ;)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IM sorry but if yer ranting you forgot the ....... :rant.sml:

Oh and IM, read a good one before Crimbo, "Lights" - Story of CH Lightoller, the most senior officer to survive :titanic:

Me Bro in law, ahem, has released it somehow from the library service (they forgot about it), tbh it was in a shabby state and its out of print now, there is another edition floating around but at great expense, in the states.

Lights

or the updated edition which is much dearer

Odessy

I think the only reason the Library service have lost track of the book was cos of its state ready for selling off at 20p I reckon, and it took them ages to find it. I know hes passed it on, but if it comes back I'll get it if I can, judging by some of the other stuff you've posted about on the other LT you'd enjoy it. Anyway if you see a copy on yer travels, is a bloomin good read, the bloke had an amazing life, "Boys Own" stuff.

I think the only reason the Library service have lost track of the book was cos of its state ready for selling off at 20p I reckon, and it took them ages to find it. I know hes passed it on, but if it comes back I'll get it if I can, judging by some of the other stuff you've posted about on the other LT you'd enjoy it. Anyway if you see a copy on yer travels, is a bloomin good read, the bloke had an amazing life, "Boys Own" stuff.

Don't know if i posted it on the other long thread Stipey but last year when i was up at my ma's went walking in Stonehaven up to the war memorial which stands alone out of town on a hill overlooking the sea.On the inside of it there is an inscription running around the top "One by one death challenged them one by one they smiled in his grim visage and refused to be dismayed" kinda stuck in my head so when i got back home i googled it.

Turned out to be a quotation from a book called "A Student in Arms" by a guy called Donald Sankey written during the first world war,he was a Second Lieutenant in the 1st Royal Warwickshire Regiment and was killed in action at the Somme on October 12th 1916.

More internet searching managed to get me a 1917 hardback copy for £3,got a picture of the author inside which somehow makes the story more real because putting a face to the name gives you a mental image of him when you are reading it.

Been delving into the Torex saga as well via the financial times website,seems the company are about £203 million quid in debt give or take a few pence.

Seems our Christopher is not the messiah he's a very naughty boy.

Guest gillianfn

How fine was that? Despite Richie's sending off? Oh, Ronnie Mooron, you definitely got it!

IM, don't you feel sad when you read/see stuff from war time? My mother in law's father was killed in the First WW, and I went on the War Graves Commission website a few years ago to look him up. It gave details of where he fell and, if I remember rightly, the whereabouts of his remains - Austria I think. Sad.

How fine was that? Despite Richie's sending off? Oh, Ronnie Mooron, you definitely got it!

IM, don't you feel sad when you read/see stuff from war time? My mother in law's father was killed in the First WW, and I went on the War Graves Commission website a few years ago to look him up. It gave details of where he fell and, if I remember rightly, the whereabouts of his remains - Austria I think. Sad.

Was indeed fine,you not think the atmosphere went up a notch late on from all around the ground.

Mighty,mighty fine.

Ah who am i kidding it was FlipING SUPERB,not the best of games but an injury time winner against a team managed by himself.

GET IN :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Can't even begin to imagine what soldiers went through in the first and second world wars because unless you have been there i don't think you can but i do find reading about it affects me a lot Gill it must have been desperate.Brother in laws grandad was at the Somme and was injured in the first couple of days giving him a permanent disability but apparently he never complained as he knew he was lucky to still be alive.One of my most treasured possessions is my grandads first world war medals,never knew him he died whilst my ma was pregnant with me but somehow it gives me a link to him when i see his picture and he looked a grand chap.

Guest gillianfn
Ah never knew him he died whilst my ma was pregnant with me but somehow it gives me a link to him when i see his picture and he looked a grand chap.

Bless - all grand chaps mmm? I remember when my brother was doing his history degree, starting to read a book by AJP Taylor, being unable to go on with it, too heart breaking. We really, don't know how lucky we are.

Bless - all grand chaps mmm? I remember when my brother was doing his history degree, starting to read a book by AJP Taylor, being unable to go on with it, too heart breaking. We really, don't know how lucky we are.

Was mentioned on the other thread but that documentary last year about the last Tommys was heartbreaking stuff. Can't possibily imagine what it's like.

AJP Taylor - staple reading for any History student.

With IM mentioning going to see James, I've got a few gigs coming up. Went to see Clap Your Hands Say Yeah on Friday night, pretty good despite only knowing one song. Going to the Arcade Fire in March and Manchester V Cancer gig at the MEN in March too. With Cheltenham and St Pats night, plus our Championship push, I'm really looking forward to that month :)

Those who are merciless to fallacy in logic, are.. hang on...

Idiot stalkers with common sense? Isn't that a non-sequitur? :)

I do the philosophy on here. Back off.

News - My old man has given up beer every Lent for years now. I've been telling him for ages that he a bit of a fraud, as it doesn't really bother him leaving off the drink, it's food, and especially dead pig that is his vice. He is a big boy, to the extent that it does his health no good, and I've been trying to get him to go meat-free instead of the beer drought. This was agreed today, with the quid pro quo that I am going on the waggon on his behalf while he does it.

The longest I have been entirely dry in memory was the week before I played in a tournament at Elland Road in 98. I'm actually looking forward to it in a strange sort of way. Expect to see me at BP doing a gymnastic display whilst singing Gillbert and Sullivan songs.

Family veterans - I think I mentioned before - it's a really strange thing for me that whilst a great-grandad was fighting in France in WW1, and winning the Military Medal, a great uncle left Dublin University shortly after winning an award as the best Classics scholar of his year to join the IRA and fight the British. He survived the War of Independance and internment only to die in the Civil War that followed. Both doing what they thought was right for their country, and they could have ended up shooting at each other, crazy.

Just had the longest spell of sobriety since i was in training for the Latics 10k (impressive eh,you'd have thunk i was in training for the olympics at the time,if i never drink appletize again it will still be too Fliping soon).

Told Jimi T yesterday it still took me 54 Fliping minutes but i blame that on Rochdale Rd in Shaw,wheelchairs were overtaking me going uphill on there,sly twats set you off along Broadway and Oldham Rd then you turn a corner and they spring that on you.

I was winning 'til then. ;)

Kinda fell of the wagon yesterday and today,sat here with a can of stella trying to stay awake for the Superbowl,but i'm back off it tomorrow.I will be 3 stone lighter by christmas.

Honest. :unsure:

Flip it.

I was going to ask if smugness is allowed on the big 'un and if Auntie Gill would bollock us for talking footy if she hadn't already done so, but through some dim and distant memory I remembered who I am. So smug it is.

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

I nearly fell out of the Lookers celebrating the goal, I thought it was a good idea to stand on the wall and jump around in a reckless manner.

More fool me.

I was very poorly this morning, then looked through my phone and discovered I had phoned John Breckin last night to gloat. I haven't a clue what I said though. Then I phoned Beckett to laugh at him, at least he saw the funny side and was congratulatory. Nice fella LB.

We are still top though, and have that Ronnie you toilet brush!

KtF,

Derek.

In terms of reading stuff about WWI that Max Arthur book is very good, Forgotten Voices, and has many pictures of the people giving up their memories which like IM notes always makes it more poignant. Two chaps from Middleton recently put together a books about the experiences of the town, its people and some of the young men who went off to fight, not started it yet but am told its very good.

Have two relatives listed on the CWG site, one got a "blighty" but didn't make it and is resting at Phillips Park, the other is listed on the Thiepval memorial.

Anyways to change the mood, I do hope somebody has got footage of DW nearly cascading out of the Lookers. I did notice Latics Nik doing the hoof gestures tho, :lol:

Great win, great atmosphere, great feeling, just gotta keep it going.

Oh and I too had decided that no alcohol was my mantra for February, slight mishap on Saturday, but a minor blip, the Glenkinchie will now remain firmly nailed in the cupboard, buying 6 cans of Stella for a £5 in BargainBooze will not be repeated, promise (besides its cheaper to buy the case from Costco :) ) which I will decline to do until this month is out.

Glad to see you are all giving up the booze!!!!

Think we should run bets on how long you're all going to last (I notice Derek hasn't said he'll do it though!) :sign0003:

Nice to meet some of you on Saturday, Lucy was most impressed with the stripper!!!!!