Last one to post wins

singe

Here is a very quick "topic" before I go shopping with my mum:-

Anyone had someone in their life who they either lost contact with, had a ruck with etc

Erm no......

Racked my brains and can't think of one,think i'm one of lifes drifters.People come and go through the shallow waters that are my life although a mate i used to work with who emigrated to Australia sent me a card at christmas saying he'd lost me e-mail address as i had his when i changed internet providers and didn't back up my address book.

Thought living down there he'd gone native and turned into a pommie hating ignorant toilet brush which was why i'd not heard from him :D

First single and album,was never really interested in music until punk came along then me and 3 mates used to buy stuff and pool it in a record collection that did the rounds between us.

When we got older and it got split back up i think we all got stuff others had bought cos no one could remember what was whos.

Just had a quick nosey and earliest album i have that i defo bought was the Skids - Scared to Dance and first single was the Clash - Tommy Gun

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st album on cassette ever was Wow by Bananarama. 1st on CD was that one by Babylon Zoo. Ahem. All original Big-Threaders know I have notoriously rubbish taste in music :D .

Never ever bought anything on vinyl, as I've never had anything to play it on. I remember being too scared to use my dad's one to play his stuff on because I was scared of the needle and the arm and scratchage :blush: .

Don't know if any of you long threaders are fans of "James" as in the band.

Tickets for the Arena went on sale today for 28/04 as good as a sell out ticketmaster have no tickets left.

If you missed it and were interested you can still just about pick em up at cost price via gigsandtours.com for £31 rather than brave the free for all that is e bay.

That's all,you can carry on now.

Got my tickets!

Would only let me have 2 though. :(

Guest gillianfn

I'm being a lovey tonight, going to watch my pal in a musically extraganza type thingy - I love musically stuff but I always feel very wistful when I go and watch, because I want to up there with them! I've hardly sang since I had my tonsils out a couple of years back and I miss it. :(

Guest gillianfn

Can't explain it IM - just can't sing as well as I did before. Maybe it is psychological, but after I had them removed, my voice kind of changed and my throat isn't quite the same for singing. So ner.

Jimi T, re your post on the other big thread, charidees, got one we as a family have done and do a lot of stuff for, if you haven't sorted anything out yet can I suggest Anthony Nolan

Anyway first single, was I thinks Monster Mash - Bobby Pickett and the Crypt-Kicker 5.

First Album was probably Abba - Waterloo :o

Edited by StipeTripe

Guest gillianfn

Right.

Rant:-

1. Dirty people at football. I.E. The two vile creatures two rows in front of me. Looked like they had not seen soap nor water in a good long while, smoking roll up cigarettes much to the dismay of many around them. All grounds should introduce a kind of "sheep dip/hose pipe" outside the turnstiles. Anyone looking or smelling anything other than clean, should be hosed down and dipped.

2. Wankers who insist on giving a running Fliping commentary from 3 until the final whistle. Shut your Fliping gobs! If that was a woman talking rubbish during the duration of a game, most men would have a thing or two to say to her. At one point I actually counted the seconds in between his stupid Fliping remarks, the most I got to was 20. And Mr, if you are reading this, number 11 is Paul Edwards, not Chris Hall, you complete toilet brush.

As you were.

Are you some sort of mincer Stipey?

My first album was, "Make It Big," by Wham.

Hardly ever bought a single in any format. Might be Get Wild by the NPG.

I am also terrified of buggering up records with clumsy needleage. Vinyl sounds great, but pushing an electronic button has a lot going for it as well.

Are you some sort of mincer Stipey?

My first album was, "Make It Big," by Wham.

Hardly ever bought a single in any format. Might be Get Wild by the NPG.

I am also terrified of buggering up records with clumsy needleage. Vinyl sounds great, but pushing an electronic button has a lot going for it as well.

Wham!!!!!!!!! And you as me about mincing. In my defence I was only 10.

As I grew up with vinyl it doesn't bother me, its obviously more fiddly, and at 2am on a saturday morning when feeling rather refreshed it takes me a good 5 minutes to change discs but hey ho. I have an old Sharp linear tracking turntable hooked up, which is good for replaying certain tracks. You just press "cut" and the arm raises, you can then FF/RW the arm and pretty accurately drop it into the groove between tracks, it only takes me, oooohhhhhhhhh 10 minutes to do that.

And Gillian there is a smiley for you now :rant.sml:

All grounds should introduce a kind of "sheep dip/hose pipe" outside the turnstiles. Anyone looking or smelling anything other than clean, should be hosed down and dipped.

:laught30:

Btw G did you ask for pictures of Martin Nuttall in Latics action a while back??

Guest gillianfn
Btw G did you ask for pictures of Martin Nuttall in Latics action a while back??

I may have mentioned Martin a while ago? Why? What have you got?

:rant.sml: That rant thing is fabulous. I shall be using this regularly!

I may have mentioned Martin a while ago? Why? What have you got?

Noticed a couple of "action" shots yesterday whilst rumaging through Latics related stuff. They are in a pre season thingy mabob from the early eighties, I will try and scan them, see if they come out, I'll get back to you on it.

Guest gillianfn
There are two answers to that one.

One will get my legs slapped and the other is when you have made enough posts.

Not good enough. WHEN? How many posts?