Last one to post wins

singe

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But all this still doesn't explain why G got away with a :censored: in here first message, and its still there!!!

Anyroad here is a linky to a clip of Stephen Fry and the most singularly sensible comments of swearing I've heard in a long time.

The clip contains swearing, don't say I didn't warn any of you genteel types :)

Guest oa_exile

Andrew , we have and still are updating the swear filter as we go along.

Some members have decided to add there own little ways of Circumventing the banned word filter , well in a nutshell we are on the case and as they add their * @ etc we will add them into the swear filter.

I havent seen the word that "G" posted so cant comment on that.

Persistant use of Circumventing the banned word filter carries a warning :grin: , just in case you have any smart ideas :wink:

:exile: Cheers Exile :exile:

OWTB Admin

Some members have decided to add there own little ways of Circumventing the banned word filter ,

I havent seen the word that "G" posted so cant comment on that.

:exile: Cheers Exile :exile:

OWTB Admin

Bugger me if G has discovered how to circumvent the swear filter, i.e. suddlenly gained a modicum of technical insight then I'll eat double what big Gordon orders from the chippy on Hollin in Midd, in fact sod it I'll eat treble! It took her 2 years to figure it out on Rivals, and then if she didn't post for more than 48 hours forgot how to do it. :)

Its in post 1595 btw Mr Exile!

Guest oa_exile
Bugger me if G has discovered how to circumvent the swear filter, i.e. suddlenly gained a modicum of technical insight then I'll eat double what big Gordon orders from the chippy on Hollin in Midd, in fact sod it I'll eat treble! It took her 2 years to figure it out on Rivals, and then if she didn't post for more than 48 hours forgot how to do it. :)

Stipey your like a Dog with a bone :grin: , now drop it please (the bone as well :wink: )

29571048.JPG

Here you go Stipey it's official.It is big and clever and also cathartic. B)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/7047536.stm

Stipey your like a Dog with a bone :grin: , now drop it please (the bone as well :wink: )

29571048.JPG

No cos its still there, how did it escape the filter? One law for one eh???? :)

IM as you know I have been a tad busy of late, doing lots of work with a guy in Suffolk who I have to say would take a dim view of Norfolk being the worlds trendsetting capital :lol: . Anyway that said I think the boffins in Norfolk have it spot on, as Mr Fry might say "lets talk durty".

Guest oa_exile

Because ...................

You tried to use the offending word three days later after the Swear Filter had been adjusted accordingly.

I have changed the offending word to :censored:

straight_jacket.jpg

:wacko: Exile :wacko:

IM as you know I have been a tad busy of late, doing lots of work with a guy in Suffolk who I have to say would take a dim view of Norfolk being the worlds trendsetting capital :lol: . Anyway that said I think the boffins in Norfolk have it spot on, as Mr Fry might say "lets talk durty".

Actually,on reflection,you would think the good burghers of Norfolk would change its name to Norfu :censored::getmecoat:

Edited by inspectormorose

Guest gillianfn

:censored: what a performance. I only said "arse"a few times.... :lol: Swearing, big and clever and that is my final word on the subject.

Stipe - you can't ask me that question about my son, because he'd never behave like that...... I don't know what I would do, is the honest answer. I'll give it some proper thought when I feel better - in the last week I have had 2 traumatic trips to the dentist and right now, I'm in so much pain I can't think straight. :disappointed: Oh and as far as my circumvention skills are concerned, you're a cheeky little article!!!! I taught you lot all you know!!!!

Edited by oa_exile
Circumventing the banned word filter

:censored: what a performance. I only said "arse"a few times.... :lol: Swearing, big and clever and that is my final word on the subject.

Stipe - you can't ask me that question about my son, because he'd never behave like that...... I don't know what I would do, is the honest answer. I'll give it some proper thought when I feel better - in the last week I have had 2 traumatic trips to the dentist and right now, I'm in so much pain I can't think straight. :disappointed: Oh and as far as my circumvention skills are concerned, you're a cheeky little article!!!! I taught you lot all you know!!!!

Circumventing the swear filter, LOL I bet she was doing what you do on Rivals.

And G yes I can ask that question, you can't just say he'd never do that. None of us know what is around the next corner. I'm not slighting the lad in anyway, but I'm sure if you asked Mrs Hughes she'd have said the same thing, its what mothers do.

IM is Norf the same as Suff then :) And yes what Beeg said :lol:

Edited by StipeTripe

You mean a bit like Scunthorpe? :wink:

Indeed i do and yes Stipe "Suff" as well.

Did you know that when Zimbabwe was still Rhodesia Hwange National Park was called Wankie National Park?

Take it that it wasn't very good then. :wink:

http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-90416...e-National-Park

Edited by inspectormorose

Indeed i do and yes Stipe "Suff" as well.

Did you know that when Zimbabwe was still Rhodesia Hwange National Park was called Wankie National Park?

Take it that it wasn't very good then. :wink:

http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-90416...e-National-Park

After a quick search for rude place namesI found this Don't look if offended by words! there are some quality ones, would you like to live in a town called Minge? :)

This then lead me to Would you eat a choc bar called this

And I saw yer massage on ISZ, and yes we are so yes we will look for hattage, for some reason the date and thread drop downs stopped working over there so I couldn't reply.

Guest oa_exile
........for some reason the date and thread drop downs stopped working over there so I couldn't reply.

That could be something to do with the coup d'état by Maccakeepthefaith :grin:

Didin't spot th'attage IM, did you go?

Yes we did but she decided to fool people and not wear one,to say she was singularly unimpressed with what she saw would be understating it,no doubt she will share her opinion when she gets around to signing on here!

Really should work today but not at all in the mood,that's beer on a Sunday evening for you.Have a few jobs that need a visit later so will do a couple of hours at tea time.Love my job me :wink:

Guest gillianfn
Yes we did but she decided to fool people and not wear one,to say she was singularly unimpressed with what she saw would be understating it,no doubt she will share her opinion when she gets around to signing on here!

Really should work today but not at all in the mood,that's beer on a Sunday evening for you.Have a few jobs that need a visit later so will do a couple of hours at tea time.Love my job me :wink:

How could I wear a :censored: hat when it was 38%? Stupid boys. IM is correct however - I was very unimpressed indeed. But you know what? I think I have grown up, because I actually didn't really care that much whether we won or not or whether we played well. That's shocking isn't it? Ater all those years of getting proper wound up about it, I now realise that it just doesn't matter. Maybe that's because my views on certain things have changed over the last year or so, but it felt quite strange to be sitting there, quite subdued (although that was due to the pain from my face!) and really genuinely not being arsied about the result.

It is official, I am now a grown up.

I think I have grown up, because I actually didn't really care that much whether we won or not or whether we played well. That's shocking isn't it? Ater all those years of getting proper wound up about it, I now realise that it just doesn't matter.

It is official, I am now a grown up.

Welcome to the world of grown-ups Gillian. Actually there's not a world of difference between youngsters who have an

'am I bovvered?' attitude to life and grown-ups following Latics with a philosophical outlook. If I'm interpreting your feelings correctly, you care about the result deep down, but it's not worth letting your feelings boil over, as you used to do.

When a victory appears to have been achieved even when not playing well, grown-ups are still bitterly disappointed when it turns out to be a draw or a defeat, but not to the extent of not applauding and even turning on players whom we had been prepared to hail as heroes if they had not conceded.

The players are the representatives of OUR Club on the pitch, but we didn't sign them or name them on the team sheet. We can only encourage them to show the skill we've been led to believe they possess. In some cases we've seen glimpses of that skill already and we can't understand why we don't see it more regularly. But at the end of each match we've got another one to look forward, with probably more of the same. It's what happens between matches which keeps us interested and gives us a feeling of hopeful anticipation.

We know the squad isn't good enough to finish in the top two. If we finish 3rd to 6th we'll have some excitement and nerve-jangling to look forward to. If we finish 20th we'll probably hail the players as heroes for not being relegated. If we finish 7th to 19th we'll write off this season and hope for a great start in August.

Whatever happens, as you say, we know that it's not worth getting proper wound up about.

Yes you're both right G & DS (we had this conversation on t'other LT, Gillian) stuff happens to you and you do get that "can't be aris'd" feeling. Some people never stop getting wound up however old they get, but it just in the main washes over me, we got a point, end of.

You didn't have a hat co it was 38%, 38 percent of what???? :) I scanned the crowd a couple of times but when I didn't see mad hattage I gave up. Mainly cos I felt rougher than a Nuns chuff, spent all last week coughing, and still am, one of them horrible coughs that start with a tickle at the back of ones throat, usually as one picks the phone up to answer a call and ends up in a two minute coughing fit. Oh and the next person who tells me to go to the Doctors.................