D-Day 14th November at 6.00pm - Your Club Needs You!

Diego_Sideburns

Planning Committee Meeting - TTA need 300 supporters wearing colours.  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending this historic meeting?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Still unsure but hope to be there.
  2. 2. If attending, how many non-voters will be in your group?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five
    • More than five
    • Not applicable

I have been in email correspondence with Alan Hardy about the need for fans to attend the next Planning Committee meeting on 14th November at 6.00pm in the Council Chamber at the Civic Centre.

OAFC would like fans to indicate their support for TTA and their BP redevelopment proposals by attending the meeting. TTA hope we can get as many as 300 fans to make the effort to attend as a gesture of support. On the previous occasion the approx 20 of us who attended were encouraged to keep a low profile, which resulted in us being mistaken for residents. :stupid: This time the TTA want us to attend wearing Club colours, which they believe will give the Councillors an indication of how much the grant of planning permission means to the fans. :bluearmy:

There will be no opportunity for fans or objectors in general to speak during the Committee meeting, apart from one representative each of the Club and the objectors. If anything is said by the objectors’ representative or the Councillors, which might normally produce a comment from the fans, we must remain silent. Otherwise our presence may be counter-productive, with the Councillors turning against us and the Club. :redcard:

The Planning Officer’s Report is clearly in favour of the proposed development and recommends the Committee to grant permission for both planning applications. The Highways Agency’s report on its findings has yet to be submitted to the Council, but it is expected to be received in time for the Planning Committee meeting. :deal2:

If, as we hope, planning permission is granted, it will be a momentous occasion in the history of Latics, and one which I’m sure people will tell their grandchildren about in years to come. Who knows, we could even have ‘I Was There’ T-shirts. A spontaneous vocal celebration in the Council Chamber would be in order - again to show the Councillors how much it will mean to us to have secured the future of OUR Club. :comeon:

There will be two of us attending from Burton-on-Trent, so all we need to do is get 298 fans to attend. :chubb:

Any ideas how to do that? :mmm:

Your Club Needs You !

kitchener1.gif

November 14th 2007

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world

Make it 297, i know i'll be there :)

Please note that cheering, once it has been agreed and passed and everything is finalised is allowed :grin:

Will some T-shirts be produced for those who attend and if we are successfull along the lines of "I was there when planning permission was granted..."

I'll probably drive over if the club feels it will help.

Will some T-shirts be produced for those who attend and if we are successfull along the lines of "I was there when planning permission was granted..."

I'll probably drive over if the club feels it will help.

Not like the Chris Taylor/Carlisle T-shirts, where any Tom, Richard (nickname censored) or absentee could buy one. Be there or be T-shirt less!

The Club does feel that it will help. If your "probably" becomes a definite, we still need at least 294 more to satisfy TTA. At this rate any T-shirts will cost about £400 each! :(

Not like the Chris Taylor/Carlisle T-shirts, where any Tom, Richard (nickname censored) or absentee could buy one. Be there or be T-shirt less!

The Club does feel that it will help. If your "probably" becomes a definite, we still need at least 294 more to satisfy TTA. At this rate any T-shirts will cost about £400 each! :(

"Probably" ... because it depends on wether I can get Coronation St recorded or not. :grin:

Yes add me to the numbers.

How can people say that a better BP would not be better for the entire Oldham community when things like this VISIT are taking place!?!

It would have been so much better for the town if these people had visited a modern stadium facility, stayed on site at the hotel and used the function rooms for their banquets and meetings!!

All the NIMBY's take note of what this development can offer your town!!!

With Chaddy The Owl coming along, I reckon we still need 287 more - if Leeslover's pre-requisites are all met, that's 286.

At this rate, by Sunday we'll still need 280 - that's only the 20 we had at the first meeting - pathetic!!

Please put the word round at the game tomorrow, and get as many as possible to promise to come to the meeting to support TTA. Then report back how many definites we've got.

I've asked the Club to get Franny to announce the meeting at tomorrow's game.

At this rate, by Sunday we'll still need 280 - that's only the 20 we had at the first meeting - pathetic!!

Please put the word round at the game tomorrow, and get as many as possible to promise to come to the meeting to support TTA. Then report back how many definites we've got.

Appreciate the sentiment, DS, but think you're a tad out of order trying to make people feel guilty for not going. People have other commitments - family, work, prior arrangements, etc etc.

Edited by maddog

Appreciate the sentiment, DS, but think you're a tad out of order trying to make people feel guilty for not going. People have other commitments - family, work, prior arrangements, etc etc.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty for not going. Obviously many people can't make it - 6.00pm is an awkward time as distinct from 7.45pm for a match.

The planning applications were the first items on the agenda last time and I'm sure they will be again, because of the representative of the applicant and the objectors indicating their wish to speak to the Committee. I would think we'll be out of the Council Chamber before 7.00pm, so it won't mean people taking a big slice out of their evening, unless they want to.

TTA want a show of support for what they are trying to achieve. They also want to show any Councillors, who may be wavering about granting planning permission, that there are plenty of people prepared to go to the trouble of attending the meeting.

I have been asked to get 300 people to attend, so I'm trying to appeal to those who are able to give up say an hour and a half of their time to attend in support of TTA, and to show the Councillors what OAFC means to the town. They need not be Latics' fans, but people who believe that the proposed development is what Oldham needs.

I believe that it will be pathetic if only a few people attend like at the previous meeting. If that happens, then so be it, but it won't be for the want of trying.

I've asked the Club to get Franny to announce the meeting at tomorrow's game.

I didn't hear an announcement about the Planning Committee meeting at the Northampton game - did anyone else?

Guest sheridans_world
I didn't hear an announcement about the Planning Committee meeting at the Northampton game - did anyone else?

Yes it was mentioned, cant remeber whether it was before or at half time, but i definatley heard it.