Doing Our Bit - A Peaceful Rally On Saturday

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world

1PM The Front Of the Civic Center (17/11/07 - Before Port Vale Game)

(Opposite The Oldham College)

Please bring Banners! Support Your Club!

If everyone brings three people, this could be massive!!!!

YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!!

40 PEOPLE CONFIRMED ALREADY, POLICE HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH A LARGE NUMBER, PLEASE TURN UP FOR 12.45 SO WE CAN SET OFF AT 1PM, WE WILL BE MARCHING DOWN THE ROAD TO BOUNDARY PARK. PLEASE DO NOT HAVE ANY BANNERS THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED DEFORMATION OF CHARACTER, DITTO WITH RACIST BANNERS.

BE POSITIVE, BE SUPPORTIVE, LETS SAVE OUR CLUB. (AGAIN)

Edited by sheridans_world

Well done mate.

If it's on, then I'll drag my 3 lads along too - as long as Chaddy The Owl promises to turn up! :grin:

You can chuffinwell count me in buddy. :grin:

I will be there with my marching boots on and my singing head on......Oh wait, hang on......I dont speak. :huh: I will have a song in my heart ^_^

Your three lads and me at the front showing them what were made of. And if it all gets ugly i will defend you all with my giant head :wink:

Si....since you're organising this (or anybody else), can you cobble together an email we can cut and paste off here to send to people at work, mates, anybody and everybody to advertise it?

Edit: A bit like the rally-ing one sent round to some of us by text on Tuesday night.

Edited by maddog

Guest sheridans_world

Maddog

YOUR TOWN NEEDS YOU.

As many of you are aware, the plans for the development of Boundary Park were rejected at the planning meeting on 14/11/07.

This may mean many millions being lost in investment by the town.

To combat this we are holding a peaceful march from Oldham Civic center to the match on Saturday at 1pm.

PLEASE ATTEND, Please try and get three people to come with you, this could be the end of professional football in Oldham, we have got out of the mire once, lets not have to do it again.

THE MARCH WILL SET OFF AT 1PM FROM THE CIVIC CENTER AND PROCEED TO BOUNDARY PARK IN TIME FOR THE GAME.

LATICS COLOURS, SCARVES, FLAGS, BANNERS.

Anything and everything to help.

Please forward this to all Oldhamers, latics fans, friends and family.

SEE YOU ALL ON SATURDAY

Guest sheridans_world

kitchener1.gif

YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!!

40 PEOPLE CONFIRMED ALREADY, POLICE HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH A LARGE NUMBER, PLEASE TURN UP FOR 12.45 SO WE CAN SET OFF AT 1PM, WE WILL BE MARCHING DOWN THE ROAD TO BOUNDARY PARK. PLEASE DO NOT HAVE ANY BANNERS THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER, DITTO WITH RACIST BANNERS.

Just to bring it onto page 3...:P

Edited by Inspiral_Carpet
Deformation of Character! Love it S_W!!!

Maddog

Good work that - ta - just easier for people to forward it on sometimes than write something coherent quickly!

Have forwarded it to a few people, and myself at home, so I can forward it to others from my home email address.

Everyone else please do the same!

:lol:

Maybe best to kepp that one for inside the ground...

I think it's a cracking idea and just hope we can get a good turnout with such a short time to organise. I struggle to make Saturday matches but am going to try to come up for the march.

I think some thought needs to be given to exactly what will be sung / chanted.

In my opinion all swearwords should be avoided (to avoid giving any ammunition against us / the club) as should anything that could be construed as threatening.

Possibly stick to songs such as

We love you Oldham

Come on Oldham

Sheridan's Blue and White Army

Oh when the Blues etc.

Plus we need a snappy chant which states what our purpose is. Along the lines of

What do we want? Planning Permission

When do we want it? NOW.

I'm not suggesting that we chant that exactly, but something along those lines to show it's a demonsration rather than just a load of people walking to the match. Suggestions?

Also, how manageable is the Keep the Faith banner to be carried upright (as opposed to how it's normally carried horizontally across the top of the crowd.)? It would be good to have that there, possibly across the front of the march.

kitchener1.gif

YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!!

40 PEOPLE CONFIRMED ALREADY, POLICE HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH A LARGE NUMBER, PLEASE TURN UP FOR 12.45 SO WE CAN SET OFF AT 1PM, WE WILL BE MARCHING DOWN THE ROAD TO BOUNDARY PARK. PLEASE DO NOT HAVE ANY BANNERS THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER, DITTO WITH RACIST BANNERS.

Just to bring it onto page 3...:P

Brilliant work Simon.

Should appear on the Official Site later. Also, Sky are visiting OAFC tomorrow (following my emails today :)) and hopefully they will also be there on Saturday.

We now need to contact The Chron; Advertiser; MEN; Local Radio Stations; 5 Live etc.

We really can make the difference.

Guest sheridans_world
Brilliant work Simon.

Should appear on the Official Site later. Also, Sky are visiting OAFC tomorrow (following my emails today :)) and hopefully they will also be there on Saturday.

We now need to contact The Chron; Advertiser; MEN; Local Radio Stations; 5 Live etc.

Chron, Rochdale Observer, Radio Manchester, BBC TV manchester, Granada reports, Manchester evening news and sky sports all contacted by me.

PLEA FOR HELP - I HAVE DONE NO WORK TODAY, ANY OFFERS TO HELP :P !!!!!

Edited by sheridans_world

I reckon I can come, will be bringing 2 people with me if I can. Problem is, father will think I'm joking so if anybody uses the messageboard on the official site and fancies convincing him, I'd be much obliged :D his username is mikejh45 or summat along those lines

Edited by carrabanana

Brilliant work Simon.

brilliant - it's Jimmy Wagg at GMR - I'll email him re Saturday and try to get a spot on the soccer show.