• Saddleworth North
    • Saddleworth South *
    • Saddleworth West & Lees
    • St James
    • St Marys
    • Shaw
    • Waterhead
    • Werneth

There are two reasons why I have put up this poll. One for an immediate acton plan that might include visiting councillors surgeries, and secondly to guage voter locations of the board should the need for fighting an election occur.

Just to note that 3 councillors are elected per ward.

Poll only allows 20 answers, and there are 20 wards, please indicate in the thread if you live outside. Oldham.

I live outside Oldham!

There are two reasons why I have put up this poll. One for an immediate acton plan that might include visiting councillors surgeries, and secondly to guage voter locations of the board should the need for fighting an election occur.

Just to note that 3 councillors are elected per ward.

Poll only allows 20 answers, and there are 20 wards, please indicate in the thread if you live outside. Oldham.

I live outside Oldham!

Outside of Oldham - Ashton

4 Votes in the Saddleworth & Lees but only 1 on poll obviously. So more of a house count.

I live in Werneth Ward. My local councillor sat on the committee... he barely said a word. I have writen to him asking why he voted against.. guess what... no reply as yet. But that is my experience of writting to Asian Councillors on other matters. They never reply.

Don't live in Oldham.

This could be interesting, what percentage of 'Tics supporters actually do live in the town?

The vast majority of Latics supporters live in the town. Messageboards will always have a higher proportion of non-Oldham residents than the fanbase as a whole. The messageboards provide a fantastic service for exiles. Where else will the likes of Bob in Israel or Dale in Thailand guage the opinions of fellow fans, to give two extreme examples?

Contacted my ward councillors days ago, all of whom are Asian and none of whom have replied.

One of them, who's postion means he acts as a "community champion" and receives a special allowance making him the most senior councillor in the ward, is probably too busy trying to tell anybody who will listen that the benefit fraud conviction he has just recieved was all a big mistake.

It's been anounced he's keeping his job though. Yes that's right, I am being represented in local government by a freshly convicted criminal.

He only lives a couple of streets from me. Maybe I'll knock on his door and get an answer that way.

I live in S Wales, but my mother lives in the Medlock Vale ward and she was going to ring her councillor Gerald Ball and ask his views. I believe he is a Latics fan though! Just seen that Jean Jones who voted in favour is a Medlock Vale councillor so looks like this ward is on our side

I live in S Wales, but my mother lives in the Medlock Vale ward and she was going to ring her councillor Gerald Ball and ask his views. I believe he is a Latics fan though! Just seen that Jean Jones who voted in favour is a Medlock Vale councillor so looks like this ward is on our side

Also worth noting that Jean Jones works for Phil Woolas. She handles his correspondence.

There is one you could write to...

True.

Councillor David Shaw (Lib Dem) also represents the Ward and may have alternative views. Perhaps he is in favour of the Application but unfortunatley in not on The Planning Committee?

Remember to keep it civil and don't abuse him or his family. :)

Just to remind those in Royton South - there are three councillors in a ward.

We know all too well the roles of two of them (Bashforth and Harrison).

A positive (I stress positive) email to the other councillor (David Shaw) outlining our case and asking for his support will not go amiss.

Edit - er, as Inspiral said! :grin:

Edited by garcon