Meet the Manager - The Results!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie was signed, as we all know, with playershare. LJ says he has 3/5 of the attributes needed to make in the game.

However he's new to the country and needs time to settle in. The top Latvian league gers attendances of around 300. So this is a massive shock for him but he's a top bloke and we've got a club/fan "project"

LJ wants to loan him out to get used to the tempo of the game but didn't wanna upset fans who'd donated to PS scheme.

All there were in the agreement it's entirely the managers decision on what to do with Eddie and us as fans would support that.

There were so many things flying about I've lost track of everything. Main points I can rem

• New Stand (Completion Dates and current tenants lined up)
  • Budget limit, we're technically in breach of FFP on turnover however we're attempting to fiddle the books (joke ish)
  • JCH is a worth a punt on top goalscorer, however LJ was hopefully we wouldn't post to much re this he genuinely wants it under wraps re his progress.
  • New ownership, Koukash wasn't a knight in shining Armour we thought. We were a side business to him
  • LJ's phone bill over summer 4k.
  • No AM will be appointed basically muzza is filling that role and mates and family are scouts
  • Isn't quite sure how he pulled the Rooney signing off

He is umming and arring over a new CB as the one he has lined up is on a "fantastic" contract and his club highly rate him, however they want him to come here as they know the club well and like how we work. He doesn't want to upset the team dynamic of bringing a loan player in to the first team to supersede a player who has done 6/7 weeks of hard graft in pre-season.

He says we're not short of options there as Byrne, Eddie, Belzeka, Tarky, Grounds & Mellor can slot in there if needed

he really likes Mellor at CB, LJ, like most of us thought Mellor was at fault for Hudds goals and laid into hime at FT however on reviewing the tapes etc Connor Brown was at fault, he added onto this that he hopes fans are mindful of this when criticizing players as all is not as it seems on first look

It was a great session

Good to hear all the positivity at the club

LJ is a great guy, also SC spoke openly and Barry and Muzza also contributed along with Rick

I'll leave others to detail what was said , though summary points covered:

New stand

Player share

Eddie

Agents

Koukash

Assistan manager

A number of different playing styles.

There's a great dynamic in the group

Will lose money as it stands, cup rnd and other things could alleviate this.

Excellent feel good factor

Will aim to win in all competitions

JCH, his fitness , minders, great promise, good lad

Lots more

I'm even more enthused after this session

Thanks to those who organised, attended and contributed

He is umming and arring over a new CB as the one he has lined up is on a "fantastic" contract and his club highly rate him, however they want him to come here as they know the club well and like how we work. He doesn't want to upset the team dynamic of bringing a loan player in to the first team to supersede a player who has done 6/7 weeks of hard graft in pre-season.

He says we're not short of options there as Byrne, Eddie, Belzeka, Tarky, Grounds & Mellor can slot in there if needed

Could be Lascelles, who is on 4 year contract at Forest and a £5 million bid from Arsenal rejected.

It was a great session

Good to hear all the positivity at the club

LJ is a great guy, also SC spoke openly and Barry and Muzza also contributed along with Rick

I'll leave others to detail what was said , though summary points covered:

New stand

Player share

Eddie

Agents

Koukash

Assistan manager

A number of different playing styles.

There's a great dynamic in the group

Will lose money as it stands, cup rnd and other things could alleviate this.

Excellent feel good factor

Will aim to win in all competitions

JCH, his fitness , minders, great promise, good lad

Lots more

I'm even more enthused after this session

Thanks to those who organised, attended and contributed

I defo agree on this, I was excited already however this has taken me a hype up!! There is clearly an excellent back-room set-up, contrary to recent reports and very very excited young hungry squad.

That's true. Don't think the our win against them in the cup would of done any good, however.

I think the opposite, no doubt the forest board would of been impressed with some of the football we played second half, we tore them to bits for the first 15 minutes of the second half, you could see them wanting to send him out to a club who play football like that Edited by 4froale

Just got back now and it was a very insightful experience......Simon was very cordial and answered every question thrown his way....great to meet a few people on here although I'm glad I wasn't asked to give my username as they suggested at first!! Jeez they could do with some air con! I was the bloke in the blue suit sweating his nuts off ;-)

I asked about the new stand being run/owned by a subsidiary company with any profits going to that rather than the club to which SC replied that whilst initially the profits would obviously go towards the paying off the stand (oldham council haven't put half as much money up for this as we have been led to believe) the long term effect would see our budget go 'up to the next level' in his words. He was at pains to make the point that we are by no means the worst budget in the league. Not sure weather the conference and banqueting side of the business will be in house or contracted out.

Baxter still has a clause in his contract and isn't as high as he wants it to be but it had to be that to get him to sign in Jan

Bradford offered a player who has joined oldham double his wages and he turned them down

JCH is a beast in the words of the manager

More to follow.........